Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 125 of 143 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 3573

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I wonder if these companies or contractors can't find enough qualified construction worker living within the city limits that could 51% hiring rule standard. If not then maybe the companies should not get a tax break but don't have to be subject to hire 51% detroiters
    If hey don't/can't meet their 51% quota... I believe they have to pay a fine of sorts... but it doesn't prevent construction. And yes, only projects with public funding dollars have the 51% quota.

They pay a fine that goes to skilled trade training programs. I believe Olympia paid millions building LCA.

The problem isn't just finding Detroiters for the projects, there's a shortage of skilled tradesmen all over the country.

Previously posted a bit soon. Was anticipated the elevator cores going up Friday but it did not. However the elevator cores went up today Nov 21st Monday:

Attachment 42348

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    Previously posted a bit soon. Was anticipated the elevator cores going up Friday but it did not. However the elevator cores went up today Nov 21st Monday:

Attachment 42348
    I wonder when the shell will be put in. Most high rise building's shell or skin is put on as the building gets taller

What do you mean shell? You're talking about the facade?

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    What do you mean shell? You're talking about the facade?
    Based upon the recent builds on the Block portion and Huntington tower, we should probably see glass starting to get hung on the Tower pretty darn soon. Unless there are production delays with the facade.

On a separate note, if anyone is looking for a full time gig, washing window's on the block and tower look to be a nightmare. No way that's being automated.

For window washing at least for the Stott [[38 stories) seems like Bedrock cleans the windows 1-3 times a year typically during the summer. Might be a different process for the Hudson’s, but for the Stott the window cleaners rappel off the building from top to bottom [[like they're rock climbing) without a support platform. For the surrounding buildings they just use a long lift at ground level which might not quite be possible for the Hudson’s block for the upper floors.
    Last edited by ShadowSoarer; November-22-22 at 02:59 PM.

Driving by this afternoon I noticed glass installation in progress on the ground floor of the tower. Progress!

Tower glass.

Name:  Hudson glass.jpg
Views: 2983
Size:  182.9 KB

Name:  Hudson glass 2.jpg
Views: 2986
Size:  213.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by bassab View Post
    Tower glass.
    ThEy'Re JuSt MoViNg DiRt ArOuNd!

Thanks for sharing those pictures, bassab!

Does anyone know of another web Cam being used daily to watch the progress of this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post

They are more than pushing dirt around. They finally getting the skin, I mean glass on the ground floor. The Block exterior is almost completed. There is still one side that need the glass put on and the middle part, whatever that is going to be, still doesn’t have any type of covering over it. In other cities the Block would had been completed by now as well as the sidewalk around the Book Tower. In Detroit things are ran much differently. Projects move slowly, inspectors don’t show in a timely manner to give nods for the project to go to the next stage, 24 hour construction work is not allowed in that area, and last but not least workers are probably on or plan on taking their Christmas vacations. I think that things will be picking up in January

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    They are more than pushing dirt around.
    You really need to learn to recognize humor/sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post

So proud to have the world's first all dirt tower in Detroit! Incredible the kind of building materials they can manufacture dirt into.

So I don't think the elevator cores have gone up in the past couple of weeks, not sure if it related to having the glass facade starting on the tower. If the elevator cores go up tomorrow then I will post, otherwise this will be the last update for 2022. I've post some bonus pictures as well.

Update as of Dec. 14th:
    Name:  IMG_8997.jpg
Views: 2458
Size:  256.8 KB

This is what it looks like with traffic taken on Dec. 11th:
    Name:  IMG_8995.jpg
Views: 2335
Size:  217.5 KB

This is what it looks like at night taken on Dec. 6th:
    Name:  IMG_8879.jpg
Views: 2434
Size:  171.7 KB

This is what it looks like taken at the beginning of 2022 taken on Jan. 8th [[you can also just barely see the elevator cores from the Exchange development in the back during that time):
    Name:  IMG_7292.jpg
Views: 2422
Size:  178.5 KB

So I don't think the elevator cores have gone up in the past couple of weeks, not sure if it related to having the glass facade starting on the tower. If the elevator cores go up tomorrow then I will post, otherwise this will be the last update for 2022. I've post some bonus pictures as well.
    I believe it may be because the hotel portion is just about topped off. Theres a picture of the cross section floating around that ive been looking at and there are 16 floors of hotel space. Once the first floor of the residential portion starts, the core should go down in size to just the middle portion.

Not sure if thats whats going on cause I lose track of the floors when trying to count through the safety screen, and I also cant tell how much higher the core is either. If i had to guess I'd say its either at 15 or 16 of the hotel. [with 1 being the floor of the first setback]

But if thats the case then that might be why the core hasn't grown.

First update of 2023 as of 1/1:
    Name:  IMG_9149.jpg
Views: 3928
Size:  228.3 KB

First update of 2023 as of 1/1:
    Name:  IMG_9149.jpg
Views: 3928
Size:  228.3 KB
    The whole skyscraper should top off buy mid to end of summer. The building's exterior could be completed by year's end if the shell is installed as the building's height increases

Do they have glass going on at ground level yet?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Do they have glass going on at ground level yet?
    Glass and terra cotta are going up and are up on the second floor facing the library. It is going to dramatically change the feel of the area.

Default Hudsons Site

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Glass and terra cotta are going up and are up on the second floor facing the library. It is going to dramatically change the feel of the area.
    Have any pictures to post?

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    Have any pictures to post?
    Nothing yet. I have been posting photos of the site on my instagram though of the facade and process. I may go out shooting later today though. @rsouthen

Found this recent aerial footage of the Hudson as of Jan 2023:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCKpkSSFsvE

Update as of 1/13. Don't think the elevator cores have gone up in a while. Did see concrete being poured the past few days and looks like there are some construction workers near the top of the elevator tower so hopefully the elevator cores will go up a floor next week.

Name:  IMG_9376.jpg
Views: 1147
Size:  253.1 KB

Think they're reaching a setback on the physical design and adjusting for that.