Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    On behalf of bedrock we would like to issue an apology to Gthomas on Detroityes.com for not constructing a fucking skyscraper as fast as he would like.
    No need for obscenities like that. Don’t understand why people on here have to attack one another like they do. The tower will get built. If you’re impatient then don’t check its status daily, I certainly don’t. Check in every now and then. While I too am mystified why they’re drilling so many caissons for the structure that will be built there and why it’s taking so long...I don’t have the answers. Maybe with the firm from Chicago that’s partnering with Bedrock to offer support will get the ball rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmberko11 View Post
    No need for obscenities like that. Don’t understand why people on here have to attack one another like they do. The tower will get built. If you’re impatient then don’t check its status daily, I certainly don’t. Check in every now and then. While I too am mystified why they’re drilling so many caissons for the structure that will be built there and why it’s taking so long...I don’t have the answers. Maybe with the firm from Chicago that’s partnering with Bedrock to offer support will get the ball rolling.
    Thank you. I'm just frustrated because I do love my city and always been the Detroit booster. But I will do what you suggested, just check in from time to time. Thanks again for understanding and being a civil adult. We all have freedom of speech, this is a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    Thank you. I'm just frustrated because I do love my city and always been the Detroit booster. But I will do what you suggested, just check in from time to time. Thanks again for understanding and being a civil adult. We all have freedom of speech, this is a forum.
    Detroit development is like Detroit sports. It stinks. And leaves you consistently disappointed. But every once in a while you get a championship or a good season [[skyscraper or mini construction boom). I try not to get too emotionally tangled in it as I am diehard Detroit as they come. I desperately want my hometown to become one of the country’s greatest cities again. Top five. Like it used to be pre-1950s. You never know what might happen. Industries change, population shifts. Sometimes you get hometown heroes like the Gilberts of the world and that helps. Detroit still has so much character and charm. Great metro area too. It’s not going away anytime soon. I predict in the next twenty years the population might get up to say 750,000 city limits. That’s still pretty sizable. And the metro is huge!