Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 108 of 143 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3565

Now we just need to get that damn camera back up and running on YouTube

Yeah I think hopes for a height increase are looking pretty bleak right now.

Can't for the life of me understand why Gilbert said "biggest building" and 70 some stories if it's going to be neither of those things. But who knows maybe there will still be an announcement surprise.

Missed opportunity if not, like you have the resources to inch it up a little more all it takes is some more apartments which downtown can easily fill. Doesn't make any damn sense. They're going all out making this building extremely lavish, why can't you just increase the height a small amount?
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; December-07-21 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ILKSGAMI View Post
    Checked out the Hudson's Site website today as it was down a couple days ago and noticed some new interesting details. First thing was that it states a height of 685' 4" ... which seems pretty exact. Also noted that they claim there will be a 5 star hotel with 227 rooms. https://www.hudsonssitedetroit.com/

Great update, also noticed that office space is roughly the same [[from 2020), but retail square feet has increased from 18,000 sq. ft to 28,600 sq. ft so almost 1.5x and now they is a rooftop terrace on the block. Also looks like they included 21,000 sq. ft of outside plaza space.

Attachment 41851

With each iteration I am less impressed with the design when viewing from afar but I think it will be really nice with some great details on a pedestrian level. The tower looks just a bit off near the top.

It's got a nice scale to it according to the initial shot looking down Woodward. It drives me nuts though that Downtown all seems situated to the west of Broadway in terms of height. Hopefully whatever gets put up at the Fail Jail site + The Exchange start to facilitate growth in that section of Downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    With each iteration I am less impressed with the design when viewing from afar but I think it will be really nice with some great details on a pedestrian level. The tower looks just a bit off near the top.
    Forgot to mention that the video on the Hudson website has updated renders toward the end of the video, but looks like they removed that video even from YouTube. Maybe they are still in the process of updating, but believe there was one at a pedestrian level.
    Last edited by ShadowSoarer; December-08-21 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    Forgot to mention that the video on the Hudson website has updated renders toward the end of the video, but looks like they removed that video even from YouTube. Maybe they are still in the process of updating, but believe there was one at a pedestrian level.
    Yeah I was able to screen shot some of those. It will be incredible nice at the street level and how must of us will experience the buildings. Comparing it to other SHoP designs from afar just makes go "meh" but that may also be due to the insanely long timeline of this project and its downgrading in scope.

I agree that this building is getting uglier and uglier. I guess we'll have to take solace in the street wall restoration and addition of a tower to downtown.

In what world, what universe are these buildings ugly? You realize that's terracotta and bronze on the facade? It's going to look incredible. Only Detroityes would find a way to complain. You should probably consider that you have bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    In what world, what universe are these buildings ugly? You realize that's terracotta and bronze on the facade? It's going to look incredible. Only Detroityes would find a way to complain. You should probably consider that you have bad taste.
    Yes... we DYESers always do complain... just like you did on the height a few posts back... but that's what a forum is all about... giving personal opinions.

That distant perspective looks different again from this closeup one, which I too prefer...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

At some point a complaint becomes irrational and just for the sake of complaining. Some opinions should have stayed in a draft.

He's perfectly cognizant, there is nothing mentally wrong with him. Watch the whole video if you don't think so, he wouldn't be up there on display if he wasn't. Also the tower was never 70 stories before, and why would he say "biggest building" on top of it if it was a mistake? We know for a fact that the tower is getting reworked because the architect themselves confirmed it in an email and that an announcement is coming this winter. Obviously the DDP is working with information that has been released, not what is in the works behind the scenes currently.
    So sure. So wrong. So ornery.

Maybe lead off with "This is why I like it..." versus immediately telling everyone their aesthetic opinion of the thing is wrong. If you leave room for a dialogue you might find that something magical happens called a conversation where two individuals can discuss the finer points of something. It is actually quite lovely.

Maybe lead off with "This is why I like it..." versus immediately telling everyone their aesthetic opinion of the thing is wrong. If you leave room for a dialogue you might find that something magical happens called a conversation where two individuals can discuss the finer points of something. It is actually quite lovely.
    Thank you! Thanks for saying this. That's the issue I've had with this poster as well. Very contankerous individual. It's ok to have your own opinion and disagree with others but to immediately crap on someone else's taste is just rude.

It's not aesthetic opinion it's more like projection and bitching on this project, it never ends. Not worth taking seriously. Waste of time. Maybe don't present your opinion as fact and claim we'll all have to take "solace" in something.

Oh no I guess I'll have to wipe my tears on the terrcotta coping with these insanely opulent new buildings in Detroit. What a misfortune.

It's not aesthetic opinion it's more like projection and bitching on this project, it never ends. Not worth taking seriously. Waste of time. Maybe don't present your opinion as fact and claim we'll all have to take "solace" in something.

Oh no I guess I'll have to wipe my tears on the terrcotta coping with these insanely opulent new buildings in Detroit. What a misfortune.
    Doesn’t like someone presenting an opinion as fact, then immediately presents an opinion as fact while attacking someone’s taste. Classic. Bitching about bitching while previously bitching is equally as hilarious.

i feel you though. If I had a penny every time I blew up on someone who besmirched mid century architecture I could quit my job.

I posted some pictures on Skyscrapercity.com of the Hudson site. Unfortunately, Detroityes is not capable of letting me post pictures here, says I'm banned...

Thanks gthomas... I am pleased with that design. Is it innovative? Not at all, but it looks good, and it fits the streetwall exceptionally well.

I also like the fact that part of the west side of lower Woodward is midrise, with Broderick Tower, Hudson's Tower and Ally Tower rising above the rest. It will look very good, especially with Hudson's tower rising 60 ft. higher than Ally Tower.

I'm excited for how this is going to complete the Woodward street wall. The gap there since the old Hudson's was torn down has always felt strange, and especially since the sidewalk has been closed off on that side during construction.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the camera? No videos for like two weeks now.

We have got to be close to a ground floor concrete pour on the tower side, which means steel is in the future. Given the cold winter temps, I'm really hoping they can get a good day to pour it soon and not delay the steel rising!

I wonder if someone from Bedrock finally told them to stop. To be honest I'm surprised they let someone just set up a camera from their office and post videos online for so long.

At least we still have Frankai Videos for the occasional update.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Thanks gthomas... I am pleased with that design. Is it innovative? Not at all, but it looks good, and it fits the streetwall exceptionally well.

I also like the fact that part of the west side of lower Woodward is midrise, with Broderick Tower, Hudson's Tower and Ally Tower rising above the rest. It will look very good, especially with Hudson's tower rising 60 ft. higher than Ally Tower.
    I'd like to see a replica of the big Hudson's flag on the Woodward side of the midrise. At least for the 4th of July or Flag day. MAYBE a Christmas decor ala Hudson's. Too much to ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by townonenorth View Post
    I'd like to see a replica of the big Hudson's flag on the Woodward side of the midrise. At least for the 4th of July or Flag day. MAYBE a Christmas decor ala Hudson's. Too much to ask for?
    They had a big American flag up for the Thanksgiving parade.

As for Frankai, I love the work he does but he doesn't typically show top-down

I was reading some of the post from 2010. It's interesting to see what people thought back then and how crazy it was that Downtown Detroit would get any structure built. All of the buildings that was said wouldn't be redone are finishing up or finished. Even though half right, in one comment Dan did build on the Hudson site, but his company isn't going to be in there. Here's to a bright future for Detroit.

Who was the user here who knew the camera guy? Any idea why there hasn't been a new video in almost a month now? Did he quit his job? Move his office??