Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 140 of 143 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 3565

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    How is the back half of the tower is taller than the front half?
    Let me make this easy to picture... Think of the Dequindre Cut. When it was still railroad tracks, the track level followed basically the lower Atwater grade, while Jefferson was a bridge over that, say about 20 feet higher. So Jefferson is approximately 20 ft. higher than Atwater. And that could help explain the difference in elevation between the Jefferson side of the Renaissance Center, and the Atwater side.

So the distance from the Jefferson entrance of RenCen to the top is 727 ft. And the distance from the Atwater entrance of RenCen to the top is 748 ft. Building heights for publication, are determined from their front entrance to the top.
    Last edited by Gistok; February-03-24 at 05:08 PM.

Or the height of one Target store to make it more relatable.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Or the height of one Target store to make it more relatable.
    Lol

Default Hudsons Site

Looking at the latest pictures of the Hudson's building I think it is near the top but from what I can see it does not look like any of the pictures or renderings. Maybe they have a lot more building to do but a steel frame has gone up at the very top.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    Looking at the latest pictures of the Hudson's building I think it is near the top but from what I can see it does not look like any of the pictures or renderings. Maybe they have a lot more building to do but a steel frame has gone up at the very top.
    What part doesn't look like any of the renderings?

What part doesn't look like any of the renderings?
    I'm really hoping for a surprise decorative spire myself. I could see that as something Gilbert would pull off in the last months of construction. They could do something interesting with the design and continue the tapering setbacks another 75-150 feet as a decorative spire. The spire doesn't need to have occupied floors, as long as the spire is architectural and not a broadcast antenna, it counts as total building height. They only need another 43 feet to beat out the Ren Cen, seems like an easy task for a decorative element.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post
    I'm really hoping for a surprise decorative spire myself. I could see that as something Gilbert would pull off in the last months of construction. They could do something interesting with the design and continue the tapering setbacks another 75-150 feet as a decorative spire. The spire doesn't need to have occupied floors, as long as the spire is architectural and not a broadcast antenna, it counts as total building height. They only need another 43 feet to beat out the Ren Cen, seems like an easy task for a decorative element.
    Sadly I don't think there are any surprises coming. Maybe whatever climbs as the residential portion of Monroe can have something like that. Something comparable to Hudson's on the site would really give the skyline some nice balance when looking from the east and west.

Update as of 2/22:
    Name:  IMG_3016.jpg
Views: 1429
Size:  163.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post
    City probably will give Gilbert a hard time for trying to pull that off

Had the tower topped off yet?

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Had the tower topped off yet?
    If you look at ShadowSoarer's image from 2/22... you can just make out the One Campus Martius Building [former Compuware Bldg.] on the right side of that image. That 16 story building is 216 ft. tall. So the 685 ft. tall Hudson's Tower would have to be about 3 1/3 times the height of that building. So based on that alone, it looks as though they still have a ways to go.

Default Hudsons Site

From the latest picture taken on 2/22 there seems to be steel framework going on the present top of the construction. Not sure what this indicates but I would think they are getting close to topping out but not quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    If you look at ShadowSoarer's image from 2/22... you can just make out the One Campus Martius Building [former Compuware Bldg.] on the right side of that image. That 16 story building is 216 ft. tall. So the 685 ft. tall Hudson's Tower would have to be about 3 1/3 times the height of that building. So based on that alone, it looks as though they still have a ways to go.
    They are pretty much at the top right now. Steel framing is going in around the elevator core and mechanical area and from what I have heard the topping out ceremony will likely be happening in early March. I think the chances are pretty good that the glass is all in place come the Draft, which should look great on television.

They are pretty much at the top right now. Steel framing is going in around the elevator core and mechanical area and from what I have heard the topping out ceremony will likely be happening in early March. I think the chances are pretty good that the glass is all in place come the Draft, which should look great on television.
    That would be awesome and might allow them to open the sidewalk along Woodward for pedestrian traffic?! Rear of building/Farmer St would still be closed to public for worker access.

Default Hudsons Site

The top of this building does not look like the renderings that we have been shown in the past. There were several spires indicated on the top of the building that either have yet to be constructed or have been cost reduced. The top just does not look like some of the early and height reduced renderings. The steel framework would not be a part of a spire I don't think.

Hopefully unless the development suffer another setback

The top of this building does not look like the renderings that we have been shown in the past. There were several spires indicated on the top of the building that either have yet to be constructed or have been cost reduced. The top just does not look like some of the early and height reduced renderings. The steel framework would not be a part of a spire I don't think.
    What renderings are you referencing? A spire has never been a part of the design, it has always been setbacks.

I was just down there this morning and looks exactly like the latest renderings we have seen for the last 2-3 years?Name:  02_WOODWARD_HERO_SHOP.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  106.9 KB

Don't remember any renderings having a "spire". There was one that twisted the entire building as it went up but don't believe that had any legs to it.

Name:  Hudsons1.jpg
Views: 1072
Size:  114.7 KB

Default Hudsons Site

Quote Originally Posted by Sthoms3355 View Post
    Don't remember any renderings having a "spire". There was one that twisted the entire building as it went up but don't believe that had any legs to it.

Name:  Hudsons1.jpg
Views: 1072
Size:  114.7 KB
    I guess I really did not mean a spire, I really meant a setback but did not know what to call them. It looks like there needs to be a lot more construction completed.

I guess I really did not mean a spire, I really meant a setback but did not know what to call them. It looks like there needs to be a lot more construction completed.
    They are literally almost topped out. Looking at this floorplan, they will go up one more level with the steel on top of the elevator core.

Name:  hsimage1.JPG
Views: 839
Size:  14.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lapooty View Post
    They are literally almost topped out. Looking at this floorplan, they will go up one more level with the steel on top of the elevator core.

Name:  hsimage1.JPG
Views: 839
Size:  14.7 KB
    Is that red line where they're at now?

Quote Originally Posted by gratiotfaced View Post
    Is that red line where they're at now?
    The red line was some architectural note, not sure what it meant. You can see the outline of the core in the middle of the drawing, it has stairwell doors and elevator doors drawn in it. The top of the core [[which is where construction is) is right below the top floor with the glass in the drawing.
    Last edited by Lapooty; February-29-24 at 01:24 PM.

You are basing your expectations on a rendering when they were planning a 912 foot tower. The tower is now 685 and the current batch of renderings are quite accurate to what is being constructed.

Update as of 3/8:
    Name:  IMG_3038.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  176.8 KB