Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 138 of 143 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 3565

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I wonder will the planned 900 ft height for this building decreases if we got another deep recession or major depression
    I am glad that I had made this prediction back in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    How many more floors to go???
    It's hard to say what constitutes a "level" at the very top few floors, but I think the floor plate for level 44 is laid [[based on the recently posted drone video).

My post on September 25 of this year [[post #3371) has a diagram of the floor plates.

I'd say we have about 8 or 9 floors to go, but starting with the current floor, they get really small and at this point the only thing preventing them all from getting done asap is the speed at which concrete can cure in the cold.

Is it a prediction if you pose it as a question?

Despite high interest rates and inflation there hasn't been even a mild recession. Any scaling back of the project was more due to covid and the resultant work from home and decrease in office demand.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Is it a prediction if you pose it as a question?
    More like an haunch or an emption

You also stated a lot of theories that are still just theories. Even a broken clock is right twice a day!

If Edition is really a luxury brand similar to Ritz-Carlton I wish they had just went with Ritz, something that already has recognition and prestige. They're both Marriott. I realize the wealthy just stay in the best hotel downtown and there really won't be anything comparable so it probably won't hurt business.

Quote Originally Posted by angry_fred View Post
    It's hard to say what constitutes a "level" at the very top few floors, but I think the floor plate for level 44 is laid [[based on the recently posted drone video).

My post on September 25 of this year [[post #3371) has a diagram of the floor plates.

I'd say we have about 8 or 9 floors to go, but starting with the current floor, they get really small and at this point the only thing preventing them all from getting done asap is the speed at which concrete can cure in the cold.

I don’t think that the temperature has anything to do with the speed of execution. The big shell that covers the floors in construction is meant to be heated for that purpose. They can’t let the concrete freeze under any condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    You also stated a lot of theories that are still just theories. Even a broken clock is right twice a day!
    Detroit has a history of scale backs, completion date setbacks, delayed construction start of developments, and failed projects. It's not hard to make calls on projects futures in Detroit especially since it was divided by districts

Update as of 11/22:
    Name:  IMG_2564.jpg
Views: 1883
Size:  181.8 KB

Nice to see the street-level view of the buildings during the coverage of the Thanksgiving Day Parade. Looking good!

Default Hudsons Site

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Nice to see the street-level view of the buildings during the coverage of the Thanksgiving Day Parade. Looking good!
    From what I see of all of the videos and the Thanksgiving Day parade, Mayor Duggan has done an outstanding job with the city of Detroit.

Updates as of 12/3:

Name:  IMG_2590.jpg
Views: 1279
Size:  41.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_2591.jpg
Views: 1296
Size:  196.9 KB

Another great video from Motor City Aerial!

Can't say I love it or hate it yet. But man does MC Aerials make some nice content.

The Hudson's tower from West Alexandrine... Pure Detroit image. Looks like it is at or near the 680 ft. point.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    The Hudson's tower from West Alexandrine... Pure Detroit image. Looks like it is at or near the 680 ft. point.
    With the crane atop, does it not qualify for some record as being the highest point in Detroit history?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    With the crane atop, does it not qualify for some record as being the highest point in Detroit history?
    I dunno!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Wouldn't the Ren Cen have had a crane on top? Now we need to measure the size of the cranes I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Wouldn't the Ren Cen have had a crane on top? Now we need to measure the size of the cranes I guess.
    401don... see the post link before your post...

I would love to see Bedrock purchase the old Wayne County Building and bring it back to life

Update as of 12/20:
    Name:  IMG_2595.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  195.8 KB

Wasn't this thing supposed to be topped out by end of the year?

Probably but it's extremely close. Hard to tell from the photos but it looks like they've reached the final setback.

Typically when they reach a setback, there's a delay of a couple weeks while they reconfigure everything, particularly when such a setback involves a change to the core.

Here's the diagram. We're at level 46 or 47

Name:  478b38c0-0611-40e2-b21c-ac345700df6e-BOA_Plans_1208_Woodward_Hudsons_051222-5 [[1).jpg
Views: 503
Size:  124.5 KB

You'll know when they have the "last girder of steel" ceremony.