Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 98 of 143 FirstFirst ... 48 88 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 3565

Quote Originally Posted by motorcity View Post
    Where's Monroe Blocks? Where's Cass Corridor's District Detroit we were promised? Where's the MLS soccer stadium district? Where's proof of the Hudson's skyscraper over 37 months since groundbreaking? Where's the University of Michigan Innovation Center groundbreaking?

Why did the city give Bedrock that Hudson's property for free in 2007? In Chicago, a similar piece of downtown land sold for over $110 million dollars – why didn't Detroit collect even a mere fraction of that from a filthy rich billionaire?
    https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2017...r-report-says/

Why did we give Bedrock $618 million in incentives for 4 projects, including Monroe Blocks and Hudson's?
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ent/629505002/

Why did we give Ilitches $400 million in taxpayer funds for that hockey arena and a never-developed district around it?
    https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits...strict-detroit
    Why, for year, were property owner allowed to own these same buildings downtown and didn't do anything to them?

Where's Monroe Blocks? Where's Cass Corridor's District Detroit we were promised? Where's the MLS soccer stadium district? Where's proof of the Hudson's skyscraper over 37 months since groundbreaking? Where's the University of Michigan Innovation Center groundbreaking?
    Generally people with 50 posts and half a brain can answer these... but since you need help explaining it to you... try the Detroit Free Press comments section... they're a nice cheerful helpful group that will be of assistance...

So I know I've had my posts deleted by the mod, Lowell I believe. But yet motor city hasn't been banned? I don't get it. I'd like to see updates on the progress in this thread. I live out of state. Updates on TCF would be nice too. Gotta rely on Frankai videos for that. Too much bickering on detroityes and no contribution to detailing development

Quote Originally Posted by Dmberko11 View Post
    So I know I've had my posts deleted by the mod, Lowell I believe. But yet motor city hasn't been banned? I don't get it. I'd like to see updates on the progress in this thread. I live out of state. Updates on TCF would be nice too. Gotta rely on Frankai videos for that. Too much bickering on detroityes and no contribution to detailing development
    I know some people love intricate construction details and that's fine but what kind of updates do you want? This Frankai guy drives around Detroit 10 hours a day and updates every site constantly so you see exactly how far construction has progressed. Other than news of new leases/tenants what else is there?

The intricate details are great. Also would like to hear news about leases/tenants. I watch the daily construction video of hudsons on YT of course. And Frankai, bless his soul lol. Love his enthusiasm.
    I just get really annoyed when I come on here every few months and it's still that stupid troll bloating up the thread with garbage that isn't germane to Hudson's. Please Lowell, get rid of the troll.

This used to be a place where people could come together and there would be some people with "insider" knowledge about something, or generalized knowledge about something, and they would be informative, and everyone could learn about issues and discuss them, and you'd get some people with some different points of view and there would be some nice discussions. There was even a period where the newspapers were very obviously reading threads here and turning them into news articles.

Now it's barely above the newspaper comments section, and even though a lot of people still visit out of habit, there's more and more reason to not bother. Meanwhile there's six ads on this page right now. Maybe the site would get more visitors and more money if every other thread wasn't getting derailed?

Even when there's a troll whos only purpose is to make this site less pleasant, there's still nothing being done. It didn't take them very long to get banned from all of the other Detroit forums, even the ones that didn't know who they were. You can ban them and sure they can make a new account but their pattern of behavior is so specific and obvious that it would only take a few posts to recognize them and ban them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    This used to be a place where people could come together and there would be some people with "insider" knowledge about something, or generalized knowledge about something, and they would be informative, and everyone could learn about issues and discuss them, and you'd get some people with some different points of view and there would be some nice discussions. There was even a period where the newspapers were very obviously reading threads here and turning them into news articles.

Now it's barely above the newspaper comments section, and even though a lot of people still visit out of habit, there's more and more reason to not bother...
    Well said. It's sad

Use to like coming to this thread to keep updated on the hudson site progress, but just like most comment area of basically any site on the web, grown folks use it to vent anger and attack others with little to no idea as to what they are even talking about.

I'm just gonna leave this thread and a few others alone, I always end up learning nothing, but leaving puzzled about people's lack of decorum and constantly negative

I agree with the previous comments for sure. We have definitely lost those members that had inside knowledge and would post "look for this particular development to be announced soon." Aside from the negativity, trolling, etc., at the opposite extreme I find it odd that people do like to post about every time a pillar goes up. I used to see a new post on a topic and find a worthwhile comment about progress instead of "the crane moved!"

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    at the opposite extreme I find it odd that people do like to post about every time a pillar goes up.
    I've never seen that... I've been excited about the project, but generally folks have been posting about major milestones. There was a lot of excitement around the cranes. When the crane foundations were poured and when crane parts arrived there was a lot of excitement. And of course when the cranes were erected.

With regard to pillars, I've seen talk and speculation about the tower pillars. There was excitement when the pillars first started rising out of the bottom of the site. There was also some excitement when pillars and elevator shafts went above ground level.

The "podium" section of the building is definitely going up at a rate that I find acceptable to build confidence. Work on the "tower" section of the building seems to have greatly slowed at the foundation. That does shake my confidence.

There are still a lot of great things going on in Detroit. Some of the announced things are actively heading toward fruition. Some of the things seem to be stalled. And of course there are some developments that were announced that don't seem like they'll happen at all. That's all pretty normal and I've seen it happen out in the suburbs too where things are announced and don't work out for whatever reason.

The big thing I'd like to see is policies that continue to make the CBD more dense with less parking lots. I also want to see the Detroit neighborhoods get stronger as well [[I'm not as sure about how to do that other than to solve crime, fix the schools, and eliminate blight).

COVID doesn't help any of this, but I'm hopeful that 2021 will be a year of change. Change in DC. COVID hopefully mostly gone sometime this year. Hopefully downtown will be bustling with workers by the end of summer.

Personally myself, I have loved working from home this past year and if I could do it for the rest of my career I would. However, if I do have to go into work eventually, I do love working in Downtown Detroit.

Two years ago in this thread. User hybridy seems to have nailed it – decade and a half to construct a 14 story 'podium' building and re-build a parking garage. Dream big.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    Color me surprised

The pessimist inside thinks this is the beginning of the end. The shorter building will be built, but the tower won't happen.

How this will play out over 4-5 years:
    - reduced activity on site - check
    - delays announced - check
    - scope reduced - check
    - additional delay
    - recession
    - project on hold
    - gilbert runs into additional health problems
    - project shelved
    - project cancelled
    Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Given that the same song has been played many times in Detroit with these developments, your prediction is probably more realistic than you would think or admit to.
    Last edited by motorcity; January-29-21 at 08:15 PM.

That's nice.

Seems you and others are displacing your frustrations onto random message board users, when the real culprit is the head honchos at Bedrock, the mayor, the local media, and the city council who've hoodwinked you with promises of a non-existent skyscraper, among other fake projects.
    https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline

The quality of this thread would improve if Bedrock would have a spokesman that would occasionally narrate new things going on in the pit.

I'm not too concerned about the tower going a little slower. I think 680' is Gilbert's minimum tower height and is perhaps holding out for a second hotel chain when things turn around. As a developer, I guess the 912' tower plan when it came out put him at a disadvantage, IMHO. Wouldn't a developer get maximum $ per square foot if potential tenants thought there was limited opportunity to get in? Perhaps he was banking on the renderings to draw greater interest than they did.

I was impressed. Wasn't that enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrenite84 View Post
    The quality of this thread would improve if Bedrock would have a spokesman that would occasionally narrate new things going on in the pit.
    The quality of this thread would improve if the admins of this site did the bare minimum and banned the troll that has made multiple accounts and has been trolling this site for years. *cough* Bham1982 aka motorcity *cough*

Got nothing to do with bedrock.

^^^ You're not alone in that assessment.

Again, I regret to inform anyone with all of their self-esteem married to this project that personal attacks nor banning me will build a fake skyscraper. And with regard to the so-called "quality" of this thread, I went back and read some pages from 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 – you've all been watching paint dry on a fake project for 38 months. Complete with in-denial boosters twisting themselves into pretzels rationalizing why a fake skyscraper takes so long – my favorites were earthquake concerns and GM told Dan not to build it too high. The quality of the thread is suffering not because of my skepticism, but because the skyscraper is fake and there is no progress to chat about 38 months after groundbreaking [[more than enough time for a real skyscraper to be topped out). Consider putting the kool-aid down and admit you've been hoodwinked and bamboozled, again.

Also, this is my last post on DetroitYes. Maybe I'll check back in 7 or 8 months to remind you that your fake 50-story skyscraper still does not exist. Plenty of time to draft your newest excuses and maybe broaden your scope taking an $80 round-trip train ride to Chicago to see real skyscrapers being constructed.
    Last edited by motorcity; January-29-21 at 08:30 PM.

That's nice.

I don’t understand why everyone hates this guy. He’s an idiot, just point, laugh and move on.

Good. Let that be your last post. EVER. Move to Chicago. You clearly hate Detroit. If you're so bored of development in Detroit then leave.

Two years ago in this thread. User hybridy seems to have nailed it – decade and a half to construct a 14 story 'podium' building and re-build a parking garage. Dream big.
    In the meantime, Salesforce Tower in Chicago has a core thats now 12 stories [[less than 2yrs after putting the shovel in the ground) and they started putting up steel....

Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by takascar View Post
    In the meantime, Salesforce Tower in Chicago has a core thats now 12 stories [[less than 2yrs after putting the shovel in the ground) and they started putting up steel....

Sad.
    Ok, motorcity. Time for your next alt. Two posts in 11 years? seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Ok, motorcity. Time for your next alt. Two posts in 11 years? seems legit.
    Pretty sure takascar is not a motorcity sock puppet.

What a sad life, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Pretty sure takascar is not a motorcity sock puppet.
    Yeah pretty sure this is just a guy with a bad take considering the joined in 2010 date, unless he somehow dug up a really old sock account lol. Has Motorcity been banned recently? if so hallelujah!

Page 98 of 143 FirstFirst ... 48 88 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 108 ... LastLast