Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 83 of 143 FirstFirst ... 33 73 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 93 133 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 3565

Latest video, all fixed up!

Interesting. It appears they loaded up and cleared out all the caisson drilling equipment yesterday. Dare I say, we may finally be done drilling holes and actually see some serious assembly work start? Fingers crossed.

They did? I still see the driller on site, and I see caisson rebar as well. Also seems they're doing some sort of drilling at the tower portion.

I just assumed they were switching out drilling bits. I’ve seen them load up trucks with similar pieces of equipment a couple times before, only to have more delivered the next couple days

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post

Another view from Crain's:

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/real-e...ns-site-monday

I'm throwing in this Nolan Finley piece as well, since no one has mentioned it. There is a reason that Finley never appears in the financial section.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...it/5396774002/

Fantastic news to see. By this time next year we should have substantial above ground work.

Although it is incredibly disheartening to see that the tower portion is still 4 years away. Never though I'd say it, but the GH International Bridge actually might beat the Hudson's tower to completion.

I don't know you guys, this looks like a scam!

Quote Originally Posted by enio View Post
    I'm throwing in this Nolan Finley piece as well, since no one has mentioned it. There is a reason that Finley never appears in the financial section.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...it/5396774002/
    Nolan Finley leaves out one very important part of the IPO... Dan Gilbert is going to get many billions of dollars out of this. With that money, he can do as he wishes, and not depend on using his future Quicken Loans earnings.

Odd that he left that out....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Nolan Finley leaves out one very important part of the IPO... Dan Gilbert is going to get many billions of dollars out of this. With that money, he can do as he wishes, and not depend on using his future Quicken Loans earnings.

Odd that he left that out....
    That’s true since he’ll be majority share holder. Still makes you wonder though how things might be different in Detroit now that Rocket Companies went public. Let’s hope it’s for the better. I’m still so tickled over the news that the caisson drilling is finally coming to an end. Hallelujah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Although it is incredibly disheartening to see that the tower portion is still 4 years away.
    You wish!

https://twitter.com/Darren_WXYZ/stat...641426437?s=20

hey guys! i am a lurker on here, but wanted to share what most of us have been waiting for recently.

Gonna be sweet having two large cranes in the skyline for the next few years, really projects an image of growth.

Question Dyer's, trying to understand how is the Hudson site soon to be the second tallest in Detroit? Wouldn't the new Gordie Howe Bridge be considered "the second tallest", height at 763 ft. Are we talking about "structures/towers" or "building's?
    Last edited by gthomas; July-14-20 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    Question Dyer's, trying to understand how is the Hudson site is soon to be the second tallest in Detroit? Wouldn't the new Gordie Howe Bridge be considered "the second tallest", height at 763 ft. Are we talking about "structures/towers" or "building's?
    It's usually split into occupied or unoccupied structures. So technically this will be the second tallest "skyscraper" indicating an occupied [[or has the ability to be occupied) building. Then there's another list for tallest structures which includes bridges, antenna's, "space needle" -eske things. Then you can argue about whether or not an antenna on a building counts or whether or not the height stops at the last occupied floor. It's very exciting stuff for some people.

Get used to this view!

Sweet. I look forward to doing some of the duct work once it gets to that point.

More great crane action today! And someone adjusted the camera so we can see more of the crane!

Pretty cool video from today, with a new camera angle:

EDIT: 48307 posted the video seconds before I did.

Not to complain about these marvelous HudsonSite Construction videos, but an audio track of the associated construction radio traffic would make them that much more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    More great crane action today! And someone adjusted the camera so we can see more of the crane!

Lots of excitement going on!!!! Also @ the 2:00 mark, if you look real good in the background, you'll see work going on at the TCF tower site!

In conjunction with the above Channel 7 Tweet... a video from WXYZ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ7Z...re=emb_rel_end

Great to finally see the very large cranes being put in place. The larger of the two cranes will be well over 700' eventually and there is that small control cab in the front where the crane operator does his thing. My question is, is there some way for this crane operator to use a bathroom without have to go down all of those steps and then back up again, does anyone know if this person has a small facility in this control cab, it looks
    large enough to have maybe something towards the back.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    Great to finally see the very large cranes being put in place. The larger of the two cranes will be well over 700' eventually and there is that small control cab in the front where the crane operator does his thing. My question is, is there some way for this crane operator to use a bathroom without have to go down all of those steps and then back up again, does anyone know if this person has a small facility in this control cab, it looks
    large enough to have maybe something towards the back.
    Google is your friend...

https://www.google.com/search?q=do+h...hrome&ie=UTF-8

While its an uplifting job there are just informal facilities onboard. Sometimes they have a luxury funnel with tube connected to outhouse. I know alot of times they rope up their lunch so they dont have to carry it. If your doing it right you lunch should be heavier than your tools. Lol.

Page 83 of 143 FirstFirst ... 33 73 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 93 133 ... LastLast