Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Google Earth, Skateboarding, & Sights of Detroit City

Hi All! I'm new to the site but wanted to share my project that I thought everyone would enjoy. It features local skaters in the various neighborhoods of Detroit, Highland Park, and Hamtramck. I am also very interested in maps so I combined my passion for skating with a little map lurking...

https://vimeo.com/184210506

I know nothing about skateboarding [[except to know that I'd fall down on any attempt) but welcome to Detroityes C-TV!

Good Luck, many of the "get of my lawn" types here will be of little to no help.

Hart Plaza used to be the big place to skate in the day, and I knew some folks who worked at places like Modern and Albe's.

Quote Originally Posted by Citi_TV View Post
    Hi All! I'm new to the site but wanted to share my project that I thought everyone would enjoy. It features local skaters in the various neighborhoods of Detroit, Highland Park, and Hamtramck. I am also very interested in maps so I combined my passion for skating with a little map lurking...

https://vimeo.com/184210506
    Cool. I don't know anything about skateboarding but found your video amusing [[mean that in a good way). Welcome!

Nice vid mate!

Hi!

Great video, well done!

Feel free to do 8200 Mack Ave.

Thanks and cheers

Thanks everyone for the support & warm welcome.
    @G-DDT - ironically, I just got a ticket for skating at Hart Plaza and I wasn't even skating. Just had my board next to me while I was sitting and watching my pals skate.

Quote Originally Posted by Citi_TV View Post
    Thanks everyone for the support & warm welcome.
    @G-DDT - ironically, I just got a ticket for skating at Hart Plaza and I wasn't even skating. Just had my board next to me while I was sitting and watching my pals skate.
    Ow! Yeah, that royally sucks. I rather hope it had nothing at all to do with what I told you folks "used" to do. Than again, folks used to sneak into the Hotel Pontchartrain to use the pool.

God, things have changed a lot, since the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    Ow! Yeah, that royally sucks. I rather hope it had nothing at all to do with what I told you folks "used" to do. Than again, folks used to sneak into the Hotel Pontchartrain to use the pool.

God, things have changed a lot, since the 90's.
    haha - I have been skating there for years but this was my first time getting a ticket instead of just getting the boot.

Had a friend who had a security personnel at Hart Plaza try and run up and grab his board. My fiend spun around and held up his deck in defense mode [[I guess ready to clock the guy). He backed off and let my friend walk away. So it goes.

Different times back then.

Yes, laws and regulations are just made to be broken. Eh?

Good Luck, with many of the "get of my lawn" types.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Yes, laws and regulations are just made to be broken. Eh?
    Yeah - get off my lawn, er, gravel?, uh cacti? the rock slabs!!! Purdy garage arrangement though, sir.
    Last edited by Bigb23; March-16-17 at 09:11 PM.

Do us all a favor and don't skateboard in the Scott Fountain on Belle Isle when it is empty of water.

I was a post Navy longboarder in Long Bitch Cal. in the mid seventies. [[Signal Hill), before that I was a Rinky Dink consumer in the steel wheel era of the mid-sixties with plenty of road rash.

Please don't act like the selfish YouTubers of the last 10 years.

And I will always. hate face plants,

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    Do us all a favor and don't skateboard in the Scott Fountain on Belle Isle when it is empty of water.
    We don't skate inside of it - don't worry

Name:  156_alpha.png
Views: 263
Size:  134.4 KB
    Thought I should share the Citi TV logo, too!