Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    As I've stated neither MAGA ideology or religion is a requirement for black people and others to finally question abortion-on-demand.
    You're just gonna keep pushing that false "on-demand" crap eh?

Anyone here ever get upset that god seemed to intervene quite a bit when the bible was being written but avoids lifting a finger these days with all of the baby murders? Thousands of kids being killed in Gaza and nothing? Could make one think that the whole damn book is allegory, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post

Anyone here ever get upset that god seemed to intervene quite a bit when the bible was being written but avoids lifting a finger these days with all of the baby murders? Thousands of kids being killed in Gaza and nothing? Could make one think that the whole damn book is allegory, you know?

Plus ça change...

@The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn/. from the Wikipedia article.

In 1905, New York's Brooklyn Public Library also banned the book due to "bad word choice" and Huck’s having "not only itched but scratched" within the novel, which was considered obscene. When asked by a Brooklyn librarian about the situation, Twain sardonically replied:

I am greatly troubled by what you say. I wrote 'Tom Sawyer' & ‘Huck Finn' for adults exclusively, & it always distressed me when I find that boys and girls have been allowed access to them. The mind that becomes soiled in youth can never again be washed clean. I know this by my own experience, & to this day I cherish an unappeased bitterness against the unfaithful guardians of my young life, who not only permitted but compelled me to read an unexpurgated Bible through before I was 15 years old. None can do that and ever draw a clean sweet breath again on this side of the grave.

Crap to some, not crap to others and apparently not just the right-winged-males-white. I use the term 'on-demand' to describe abortion when applied for any reason up thru late term.

Not everyone is on board with that. Period. I don't have to push that position.

Even fewer want to pay.

A percentage were/ or are ok with abortion as 'safe and rare' withstanding the bible or what is occurring in Gaza.

Last edited by Zacha341; March-25-24 at 11:41 AM.

So you are taking the accepted meaning of "on-demand" and changing it to fit your own definition? Got it. Couldn't at all be used to create a false narrative that abortions are on-demand...

Maybe if we collectively prayed harder these things would just go away I guess.

^ I've never said ALL abortions are on-demand.

And what does prayer have to do with it in your world view?

Nothing of value I am sure. Your choice.

In a truly tolerant, inclusive society those who pray will. Those that do not wont.

To my point: not all Detroiter's are onboard with abortion when applied for 'any reason up thru late term' [whatever you want to CALL THAT].
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-25-24 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swingline View Post
    The folks who think that the Bill of Rights applies to a zygote are going to make sure that this doesn't last long.
    Had to read up on that one,learn something new everyday.

So which came first,the chicken or the egg.

Apparently a zygote is where the male sperm enters the female egg and where each one’s genes are enter mixed,so in essence the DNA profile,so in essence before 3 weeks you have an egg that identifies as a fetus,so in the baby manufacturing process it has assembled the raw materials and identifies what the product will be moving forward to the next step.

So would that not be the point where because it has the DNA it is an actual identified “prototype” so at that stage it is already protected.

up until that point it’s just something swimming about looking for a parking space,it could be also argued that all of those guys swimming about and the female egg carry the DNA profile,so they should also be protected because they already have an identity.

I have a tendency to blame it on Eve,life would have been simpler if she had just not tried to corrupt man with her wanton ways.

Its the “poor” argument that gets me,during wars,depressions,dust bowl and even power black outs people still make babies,always trying to protect the poor,I was “poor” when I had my kids,not expected but we all survived as did everybody else.
    Last edited by Richard; March-25-24 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...So which came first,the chicken or the egg.
    https://thedudesthreads.com/products...ist-cotton-tee

It seems odd that this thread laid at rest for 7 years with no comments, the Blam! folks can't get enough... I guess like a few other topics, it's good for getting a few digs in and keeping an argument going.

Myself, I'm looking forward to giving it a few more years rest

[QUOTE=Vic01;641232...keeping an argument going. [/QUOTE]
    It resurfaced after Alabama Judge Jesus' ruling on the personhood of frozen embryos.

That case was about the legalities of continuing to define the laws.

Nurse dropped frozen embryos on the floor,owners filed wrongful death suit.

The legalities have to be resolved because it involves criminal charges or wrongful death like in cases of an auto accidents that involves pregnancy.

But it is more about civil suits and setting parameters in wrongful death suits,they have been around since the 1800s,so it’s not like the wheel is being re-invented.

There are things that matter more to those who have tried to have children for a long time and are seeking different methods,that embryo to us may seem insignificant,but to them that was their child and hope.

It was The Alabama Supreme Court making a ruling,it was not a judge and his/her name was not Jesus.

Although some do make a strong case for themselves why abortion should be okay,in their case.
    Last edited by Richard; March-26-24 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I doubt now VP. Harris is coming to Detroit to talk to use about anything. Especially if she tries to ply Detroiters with affirming that migrant crisis. We already know what that move is - displacing us.

If you're asking me to use the MAGA construct to affirm a view or defend better vs. bad vs. great. I'd have to say we don't need it. Per its political detractors MAGA is often used a canard/ joke as America was NEVER great so they will say - then on goes the long list of how it wasn't. Got that.

Beyond the politics of the extreme left vs. right: Ask most people TODAY if they feel America is getting any better? Hmm, eh NO. Exactly.

Black people have always been pawned and ascribed. What impacts the nation doubly impacts us. We've had greater times when our families were more intact. This is a fact. We know America is not perfectly great and don't see our rapid replacement as exactly 'affirming' either.

As I've stated neither MAGA ideology or religion is a requirement for black people and others to finally question abortion-on-demand.

Where MAGA aligns to some of our views and values in general so be it. But not necessary. As I stated 'we're' not wearing red MAGA hats where we protest abortion. Don't need that permission.

Many will continue to conflate blacks [and black women] not falling-in-line-view on certain issues as MAGA inspired; what we define as great also constrained.

So be it -- we're always told we can't think on our own. By our friends and our foes [past and present].
    Thank you for the reply.

Hopefully we can agree to disagree. I still believe Kamala Harris will be making campaign stops in Detroit before November. I would be willing to bet you a cup of coffee at the Congregation on it. ;]

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Thank you for the reply.

Hopefully we can agree to disagree. I still believe Kamala Harris will be making campaign stops in Detroit before November. I would be willing to bet you a cup of coffee at the Congregation on it. ;]
    VP Harris is proof that one can have personhood while lacking substance between the ears. Vote Lebowski/Sobchack in 2024. :[[

Life Is Precious . . . Unless It's Not

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Life Is Precious . . . Unless It's Not

Not so ironic we see the factor of 'Life Is Precious... Unless It's Not' active well beyond the right-wing republicans. Beyond abortion.

If only we could constrain the hypocrisy - zip-lock, sealed and tidy......
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-28-24 at 03:46 AM.

Some people are bigots when it comes to judging and stereotyping
    Christians but there seems to be a demand for such 'entertainment'. It sure beats letting the lions loose on them in the coliseum.

It must be better to elect fools, not exactly along party lines, who mess up foreign policy to the point where we have two wars going strong with the usual death and suffering all around, hear threats about nuclear war, prepare for a possible WWIII, allow and encourage open borders resulting in over 100,000 American deaths per year from imported fentanyl and divert limited public health care from poor and other Americans to foreign 'migrants'. Yes, having 180,000 undocumented migrants hanging around NYC does absorb available medical care. Possible terrorists and WMD's crossing the border would be just the frosting on that cake. Stay tuned. Sterilizing children and teenagers after telling them they are xy or z gender behind their parents' backs doesn't kill that many although it ups the teen suicide rate a bit. But the biggest numbers have to do with abortions.

Of course, even viable unborn babies don't even get counted as 3/5th of person so it is difficult to determine how many deaths that number would translate to.
    "An estimated 1,026,690 [[U.S.) abortions occurred in the formal health care system in 2023" "It is also the highest number and rate measured in the United States in over a decade."That's a year after the Supreme Court decision.

Consider that if aborted babies could get counted as whatever fraction of a person, perhaps based on their viability, then states with more abortions could get more Congressional representation. There are precedents.

Where is Kamala Harris when we need a reassuring pep talk about 'orange man bad' and
    our right to abortions from a woman of integrity?

Last edited by oladub; March-27-24 at 09:54 AM.

Hmmm. Yep. Makes me again think that 'Life Is Precious... Unless It's Not' ideology ain't so securely sealed within that republican 'christian' hazmat container as we've been directed to believe.

And we're [Detroiter's] told not to question any of this?

Or you're a ___________ or listen to ___________ ...

Really?

We do

QUESTION.

ALL OF IT!

Increasingly.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    It must be better to elect fools, not exactly along party lines, who mess up foreign policy to the point where we have two wars going strong with the usual death and suffering all around, hear threats about nuclear war, prepare for a possible WWIII, allow and encourage open borders resulting in over 100,000 American deaths per year from imported fentanyl...
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-28-24 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post

Some people are bigots when it comes to judging and stereotyping
    Christians but there seems to be a demand for such 'entertainment'. It sure beats letting the lions loose on them in the coliseum.

OR if you didn't push legislation based on your book maybe you wouldn't hear from folks like me. It really is as simple as that.

It would also be less entertaining if many Christians didn't freak out when hearing things like "Happy Holidays" but I digress.

Christmas is not a holiday,so why say happy holidays?

You do not say happy holidays to someone that practices the Jewish faith because you respect the right for others to practice their faith,telling others happy holidays is a form of telling them that your beliefs override theirs.

Whats next in that rabbit hole,men thinking they are women ?
    Last edited by Richard; March-27-24 at 04:13 PM.

OR if you didn't push legislation based on your book maybe you wouldn't hear from folks like me. It really is as simple as that.
    I would rather live without the wars, fentanyl, open borders siphoning our social services, and was even kind enough to suggest something like a 3/5th of a person solution equation for late term abortions so California and other more pro-choice states could get more seats in the House like they did with their about 30M illegal non-citizens and all I get is a promise of a theological scold if I don't get in line.

It would also be less entertaining if many Christians didn't freak out when hearing things like "Happy Holidays" but I digress.
    Oh I’m sure we’d still hear from folks like you… because no one’s making the argument based on a “book” and yet we still hear from you. The type of people who love to be heard, even when there’s no point. In MI, a pregnancy can be destroyed at any stage, whether 1 month or 9 months. So, you won and we still hear from you. Consider expanding your “family shoots” album at one of our state’s thriving planned parenthood locations.

Quote Originally Posted by mkd View Post
    Oh I’m sure we’d still hear from folks like you… because no one’s making the argument based on a “book” and yet we still hear from you. The type of people who love to be heard, even when there’s no point. In MI, a pregnancy can be destroyed at any stage, whether 1 month or 9 months. So, you won and we still hear from you. Consider expanding your “family shoots” album at one of our state’s thriving planned parenthood locations.
    Nobody is making an argument against abortion based on the bible? What sort of delusional world are you living in? I didn't realize bodily autonomy should end at a state's border...

Thanks for creeping, thats a really great idea.

What sort of delusional world are you living in? .
    https://youtu.be/VXTGEScRGcE

Numbers has no accounting tips. LMFAO!

Nobody is making an argument against abortion based on the bible? What sort of delusional world are you living in? I didn't realize bodily autonomy should end at a state's border...

Thanks for creeping, thats a really great idea.
    Weren't you the first to bring mention of any "book" into this conversation in comment #168?

Re your comment that "I didn't realize bodily autonomy should end at a state's border...": I don't think anyone stated that bodily autonomy ends at a state border. However the Constitution says that any power not delegated to the federal government nor denied states, belongs to the states and the people. I can't find any powers given to the federal government to regulate abortions or forbidding states from doing so anywhere in the Constitution. It is therefore the right of any state to decide its own policy regarding abortion. I would, as previously stated, favor an updated version of Roe vs. Wade in my State as a compromise between some common religious sentiments that can deny health issues and Democratic Party promoted legislation allowing the infanticide of viable unborn infants. That's what Roe was: a compromise.

I did take umbrage at Jimez's video though realizing that there are enough people around to support an actress making a living in part by stereotyping and insulting a religious
    group. Imagine a 'comedian' who makes their living insulting racial groups and filling clubs up with people wanting to laugh at and feel better than some other group. It's sicko.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast