Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

The right has a view of the world about 1/8 inch wide. People of means will still be able to get abortions in a hospital setting in a private clinic somewhere. The poor will end up in some alley clinic where the only instrument is a dirty coat hanger. If they don't die from infection at home, they will end up in a hospital still paid for by taxpayers. You can't legislate morality. It's been tried with booze and failed. It's been tried with drugs and it's still failing. Bottom line, people will do what they want and will find a way.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    The right has a view of the world about 1/8 inch wide. People of means will still be able to get abortions in a hospital setting in a private clinic somewhere. The poor will end up in some alley clinic where the only instrument is a dirty coat hanger. If they don't die from infection at home, they will end up in a hospital still paid for by taxpayers. You can't legislate morality. It's been tried with booze and failed. It's been tried with drugs and it's still failing. Bottom line, people will do what they want and will find a way.
    You've could have a great career writing paperback novels.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    You've could have a great career writing paperback novels.
    Actually, lpg is probably correct. Taking away free/funded/low cost health care from the poor is only going to cause more problems and more need for abortions that they won't be able to get legally and we'll go back to the days of the back alley abortionist or women trying to self abort at home. Taking away free birth control causes unwanted pregnancies and unsafe abortions. Don't start talking about adoption because a lot of these women can't even afford to BE pregnant; no health care, they have to work, they have too many other children, etc. Defunding PP is re-opening an old bag of worms than no one wants to see.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Actually, lpg is probably correct. Taking away free/funded/low cost health care from the poor is only going to cause more problems and more need for abortions that they won't be able to get legally and we'll go back to the days of the back alley abortionist or women trying to self abort at home. Taking away free birth control causes unwanted pregnancies and unsafe abortions. Don't start talking about adoption because a lot of these women can't even afford to BE pregnant; no health care, they have to work, they have too many other children, etc. Defunding PP is re-opening an old bag of worms than no one wants to see.
    What's funny is I see a lot of these women invest in designer clothing, elaborate grooming, and $800 cell phones. Perhaps self responsibility and a $5 investment in a box of condoms would spare everyone a lot of grief?

What's funny is I see a lot of these women invest in designer clothing, elaborate grooming, and $800 cell phones. Perhaps self responsibility and a $5 investment in a box of condoms would spare everyone a lot of grief?
    A lot of the women out there protesting are not out there protesting for themselves; they are protesting for other women who need it. I, and most of my friends, no longer have the need for abortions or birth control but others do. Apparently you never heard of altruism or helping your fellow [[wo)man. Sad, really

Glad to hear you've stopped ovulating, Cole, it also explains the PMS. I donate plenty of my time and money to support the needy, Thank You. I also don't believe in creating or fostering dependency on society to support unaccountable behavior. Of course it's easier to walk around with a protest sign for a few hours then it is to actually implement a solution. How righteous we are.
    Ummm,do you KNOW what PMS is? Do you know what ovulating is?. Maybe you need to spend some time learning something about women before you tell us about our own bodies. Jeez.

Originally Posted by Honky Tonk
    Glad to hear you've stopped ovulating, Cole, it also explains the PMS. I donate plenty of my time and money to support the needy, Thank You. I also don't believe in creating or fostering dependency on society to support unaccountable behavior. Of course it's easier to walk around with a protest sign for a few hours then it is to actually implement a solution. How righteous we are.

Ummm,do you KNOW what PMS is? Do you know what ovulating is?. Maybe you need to spend some time learning something about women before you tell us about our own bodies. Jeez.
    Removing your post didn't help, Honky Tonk; that's why I always quote when I reply

Did you ever think that people hold political or ethical beliefs that extend beyond their personal convenience? I'm not a woman, and am personally opposed to abortion, but am absolutely, unequivocally pro-choice.