Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    As I've stated neither MAGA ideology or religion is a requirement for black people and others to finally question abortion-on-demand.
    You're just gonna keep pushing that false "on-demand" crap eh?

Anyone here ever get upset that god seemed to intervene quite a bit when the bible was being written but avoids lifting a finger these days with all of the baby murders? Thousands of kids being killed in Gaza and nothing? Could make one think that the whole damn book is allegory, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    You're just gonna keep pushing that false "on-demand" crap eh?

Anyone here ever get upset that god seemed to intervene quite a bit when the bible was being written but avoids lifting a finger these days with all of the baby murders? Thousands of kids being killed in Gaza and nothing? Could make one think that the whole damn book is allegory, you know?

Plus ça change...

@The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn/. from the Wikipedia article.

In 1905, New York's Brooklyn Public Library also banned the book due to "bad word choice" and Huck’s having "not only itched but scratched" within the novel, which was considered obscene. When asked by a Brooklyn librarian about the situation, Twain sardonically replied:

I am greatly troubled by what you say. I wrote 'Tom Sawyer' & ‘Huck Finn' for adults exclusively, & it always distressed me when I find that boys and girls have been allowed access to them. The mind that becomes soiled in youth can never again be washed clean. I know this by my own experience, & to this day I cherish an unappeased bitterness against the unfaithful guardians of my young life, who not only permitted but compelled me to read an unexpurgated Bible through before I was 15 years old. None can do that and ever draw a clean sweet breath again on this side of the grave.