Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Detroit Bank & Trust held my first accounts, 7 & Mack branch. Learned a long time ago they were way more about business than personal accts....unless you had a few zillion stashed with them. Also closed those accounts a long time ago.

Comerica is a third tier bank now. However, it's stock is up. To me that means only one thing; Comerica is going to be acquired. The appeal will be it's branch network in FL and CA, which are very profitable.

It's closing branches around here and other places to make itself more attractive to an acquirer.

When it's acquired, goodbye to all the back-office operations still in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Calltoaction View Post
    Have you ever looked at a pic of Dallas before?
    I was there last year. Is it because it sits out in the plains in the middle of nowhere? It seems like any other big american metropolis. I guess Atlanta and Houston, are wastelands as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Calltoaction View Post
    Comerica can fuck off, how's life in the wasteland of Dallas treating them? Cretins.
    Dallas is a wasteland, eh? How can anyone from Detroit call Dallas a wasteland? You obviously have not been to Dallas. You sound like a basic brainwashed lefty who has been programmed by "muh tee vee" to believe every red state is a backwater. It would take a 100 Dan Gilberts to turn Detroit into what Dallas is now. There are projects underway in Dallas that lead the nation and that Detroit can only dream: case in point, the $600 million urban park. Meanwhile solipsistic Detroit is still patting its back over the paltry five mile river walk. If there is anyone that sounds like a cretin, it's you.

Why do you gotta try and spin this as some political thing? Yes describing Dallas as a wasteland is idiotic but nowhere in there does he make reference to political motives. Just waiting for you to drop the phrase "libtard" and "snowflake" and we will definitely know where your head is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post
    Dallas is a wasteland, eh? How can anyone from Detroit call Dallas a wasteland? You obviously have not been to Dallas. You sound like a basic brainwashed lefty who has been programmed by "muh tee vee" to believe every red state is a backwater. It would take a 100 Dan Gilberts to turn Detroit into what Dallas is now. There are projects underway in Dallas that lead the nation and that Detroit can only dream: case in point, the $600 million urban park. Meanwhile solipsistic Detroit is still patting its back over the paltry five mile river walk. If there is anyone that sounds like a cretin, it's you.
    Last edited by gumby; February-08-17 at 01:37 PM. Reason: fixed typo

You realize Dallas is an overwhelmingly Dem city, right? It's full of people you likely consider "libtards" and "Muslim-loving pansies". Even worse, it's a highly educated city, with a strong economy.

Chase Bank is still the BEST and biggest! While Co-America is slipping and slowly failing. They can't even catch up with National City.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Chase Bank is still the BEST and biggest! While Co-America is slipping and slowly failing. They can't even catch up with National City.
    Because National City hasn't existed for 9 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    You realize Dallas is an overwhelmingly Dem city, right? It's full of people you likely consider "libtards" and "Muslim-loving pansies". Even worse, it's a highly educated city, with a strong economy.
    I do business in Dallas all the time. Dallas, like most cities with strong economies, has been demographically swamped by "New Americans" and liberal yankees fleeing their own failed countries and cities who vote Democrat by default. This does cause some tension, as we saw when the lefty black power radical Micah Xavier Johnson went on his kill crazy rampage and killed all those cops. Dallas leans Democratic because of changing demographics, but the framework of the city, and region [[it is most accurate to describe Dallas a region) is red. It's not Democratic anything that makes Dallas exceptional. When Comerica bolted for Dallas, it wasn't because Dallas offers 24 hour abortion facilities, it's because the Republican Governor offered a much better tax structure that blew Democratic Two Penny Jenny away. Furthermore almost all the boosters of the city are big Republican donors. Even Mark Cuban has donated money to George W. Bush. I can't say for certain whether people are more educated in Dallas than in Detroit, but I can say that the schools in Dallas [[University of Dallas, Southern Methodist University, Texas Christian University; all Christian, mind you) are producing much better, well-rounded adults than the schools in Michigan. An unhealthy gender neutral cis queer radical coming out of UofD, SMU, or TCU is a rare sight. They are coming out by the thousands at Wayne State and University of Michigan, however.

Dallas, like most cities with strong economies, has been demographically swamped by "New Americans" and liberal yankees fleeing their own failed countries and cities who vote Democrat by default.
    OK, as long as we're clear. Dallas, too, is a "libtard" city. Funny how all the most educated, economically vibrant and prosperous parts of the U.S. are full of "libtards".

I do business in Dallas all the time. Dallas, like most cities with strong economies, has been demographically swamped by "New Americans" and liberal yankees fleeing their own failed countries and cities who vote Democrat by default. This does cause some tension, as we saw when the lefty black power radical Micah Xavier Johnson went on his kill crazy rampage and killed all those cops. Dallas leans Democratic because of changing demographics, but the framework of the city, and region [[it is most accurate to describe Dallas a region) is red. It's not Democratic anything that makes Dallas exceptional. When Comerica bolted for Dallas, it wasn't because Dallas offers 24 hour abortion facilities, it's because the Republican Governor offered a much better tax structure that blew Democratic Two Penny Jenny away. Furthermore almost all the boosters of the city are big Republican donors. Even Mark Cuban has donated money to George W. Bush. I can't say for certain whether people are more educated in Dallas than in Detroit, but I can say that the schools in Dallas [[University of Dallas, Southern Methodist University, Texas Christian University; all Christian, mind you) are producing much better, well-rounded adults than the schools in Michigan. An unhealthy gender neutral cis queer radical coming out of UofD, SMU, or TCU is a rare sight. They are coming out by the thousands at Wayne State and University of Michigan, however.
    I like how you're trying to say that big cities with healthy economies and a diverse populations are bad because they're full of "libtards" and "unhealthy gender neutral cis queer radical" [[aka I know nothing about human sexuality so I make shit up to sound proud of the fact I'm not educated) but then you're admitting they're economically healthy and robust because of said populations.
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; February-09-17 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    OK, as long as we're clear. Dallas, too, is a "libtard" city. Funny how all the most educated, economically vibrant and prosperous parts of the U.S. are full of "libtards".
    There's a lot of nuance to Dallas, which I have demonstrated, which I don't think the particular brand of Detroit suburban Birmingham [[population 20,000) libtard that you are can comprehend. There are also many libtard cities, such as Detroit, that are disasters too.

There's a lot of nuance to Dallas, which I have demonstrated, which I don't think the particular brand of Detroit suburban Birmingham [[population 20,000) libtard that you are can comprehend. There are also many libtard cities, such as Detroit, that are disasters too.
    There's lots of CONservative states that are disasters too.

Of course, explaining to you about Republican mayors Louis Miriani and Albert Cobo and what they did to the city would fall on deaf ears.

I thought the angry white bigots were sticking to the Freep comment section. Sigh.

I know it's like a cancer that's seeped in everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    I know it's like a cancer that's seeped in everywhere.
    The election of the popular vote loser Gropenfuhrer has encouraged them to slither out from underneath the rocks.

Back to the original thread and away from the political minefield. Downriver Federal Savings was also one of the banks that ended up under the control of Bank of America after several name changes. Their high rise still stands on Eureka and I-75 in Taylor. Can't stand Bank of America either. Have most of our banking through our credit union.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2