Brenda Jones
    Pick Any Sheffield
    James Tate
    Rev. Charles Williams

Wild Speculation- Charlie LeDuff
    Sam Riddle

2017 candidates
    Last edited by Oddz313; January-10-17 at 07:25 PM. Reason: typo

DUGGAN WILL WIN WIN WIN!!! By 70% of the black Detroit vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    DUGGAN WILL WIN WIN WIN!!! By 70% of the black Detroit vote.
    Well I think he wanted to get into a Clinton Admin job and come back to run for GOV

What IF Mike Dugan decides to run for Governor, who would replace him as Mayor?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I believe the City Council president, like what happened when Kwame was convicted back in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I believe the City Council president, like what happened when Kwame was convicted back in 2009.
    Yes and Pro-tem becomes council Prez

I guess I wasn't being thorough enough in my original post. I understand the Detroit hierarchy of Mayoral replacement, so that's not it. Detroit went through a brief period of resurgence when Coleman Young was replaced by Dennis Archer. Detroit went into a downslide under the Kilpatrick administration. Right now, certain areas of Detroit are again experiencing a resurgence. Who would replace Mike Duggan, if he chooses to run for, or be appointed to, a different office other than Mayor of Detroit? Who would be able to fill his shoes to continue Detroit's growth, and not send it back into remission?

sidebar: Detroit has never had a female mayor. We'll see how many women run for this next contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddz313 View Post
    Filed- Devonna Harvey CEO of Divine impressions, past General Motors
    Education FAMU
    Myya Jones- MSU

Incumbent-Duggan

Possible Speculation- Barrow..lol
    Sigmunt Szczepkowski..lol
    Dr.Telford
    John Olumba
    Krystal A. Crittendon
    Brenda Jones
    Pick Any Sheffield
    James Tate
    Rev. Charles Williams

Wild Speculation- Charlie LeDuff
    Sam Riddle

2017 candidates
    Some good choices, Mr. Tate comes to mind, as well as, Ms. Mary Sheffield.

Well I think he wanted to get into a Clinton Admin job and come back to run for GOV
    So my vote for Trump may have kept Duggan in Detroit? A positive unintended consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    So my vote for Trump may have kept Duggan in Detroit? A positive unintended consequence.
    I know a staunch Detroit Democrat that voted for Trump for just that reason. And if Duggan runs for Governor, they plan to vote for the opposing person.

I know a staunch Detroit Democrat that voted for Trump for just that reason. And if Duggan runs for Governor, they plan to vote for the opposing person.
    Maybe he could pull a Pingree and do both?

I voted for both Snyder and Duggan in 2015.

Thinking outside the box can work wonders if you're open minded enough to think on your own. Those two working together were the best things that have happened for Detroit in my lifetime.

I guess I wasn't being thorough enough in my original post. I understand the Detroit hierarchy of Mayoral replacement, so that's not it. Detroit went through a brief period of resurgence when Coleman Young was replaced by Dennis Archer. Detroit went into a downslide under the Kilpatrick administration. Right now, certain areas of Detroit are again experiencing a resurgence. Who would replace Mike Duggan, if he chooses to run for, or be appointed to, a different office other than Mayor of Detroit? Who would be able to fill his shoes to continue Detroit's growth, and not send it back into remission?
    I think Archer gets looked at too kindly considering the economy of the 90s and having a Dem in the white house he was not able to find that much investment. The Residency act also helped fuel flight

I think Archer gets looked at too kindly considering the economy of the 90s and having a Dem in the white house he was not able to find that much investment. The Residency act also helped fuel flight
    I guess you would've had to have been around for the Young years to appreciate Archer. Coleman did an outstanding job of alienating suburbanites and white people in general. Detroit's exodus increased, as did animosity towards Detroit. Archer was able to create an environment of cooperation between different factions, and started providing much neglected City services to residents. On the flip side he did not support renovating or saving Tiger Stadium @ all, and he single-handedly wiped out Rivertown. He was very approachable and a welcome change.

I guess you would've had to have been around for the Young years to appreciate Archer. Coleman did an outstanding job of alienating suburbanites and white people in general. Detroit's exodus increased, as did animosity towards Detroit. Archer was able to create an environment of cooperation between different factions, and started providing much neglected City services to residents. On the flip side he did not support renovating or saving Tiger Stadium @ all, and he single-handedly wiped out Rivertown. He was very approachable and a welcome change.
    CAY did indeed alienate the suburbanites, feeling white flight -- but it was medicine that was needed at the time. Archer was also great medicine.

But today the time for blaming has passed. Now's the time for just doing good things.

I think this is Duggan's to lose. It would take something big to take him down, something on the scale of a demolition cost federal indictment with highly damning evidence.

If he moved on or ran for higher office, I think Ken Cockeral Jr. could make a strong run. He's got name recognition, was actually mayor for a minute and is, from all I can see, unblemished.

Charlie LeDuff lives in Pleasant Ridge, with wife and kids. Doubt he would run.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Most likely the one and only positive thing to result from a vote for the Apricot Mussolini

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I think this is Duggan's to lose. It would take something big to take him down, something on the scale of a demolition cost federal indictment with highly damning evidence.

If he moved on or ran for higher office, I think Ken Cockeral Jr. could make a strong run. He's got name recognition, was actually mayor for a minute and is, from all I can see, unblemished.
    I wish he would of won instead of Bing, he would make a good mayor but is not widely popular in AA community

Quote Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
    I voted for both Snyder and Duggan in 2015.

Thinking outside the box can work wonders if you're open minded enough to think on your own. Those two working together were the best things that have happened for Detroit in my lifetime.
    Neither of them were on the ballot in 2015.

I wish he would of won instead of Bing, he would make a good mayor but is not widely popular in AA community
    Recovering alcoholics don't care for him?

I think that Dugan has done a very good job overall. For what it's worth, there is a lot more accountability among city employees. I also think that progress has been very slow in the vast majority of the cities neighborhoods, but not completely nonexistent. You have to look at what he was starting with, he's not a miracle worker.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I think that Dugan has done a very good job overall. For what it's worth, there is a lot more accountability among city employees. I also think that progress has been very slow in the vast majority of the cities neighborhoods, but not completely nonexistent. You have to look at what he was starting with, he's not a miracle worker.
    Whoever is the next mayor over the next 4 years will not get much federal love, Duggan had biden's ear. Coleman had Carter for a short period.

You urban might think that Dr. Carson at HUD would be interested in the neighborhood changes in older Rust Belt cities. However, I see no evidence to suggest that he knows anything at all about urban issues or the complicated details of the 47 billion dollar annual budget of HUD.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast