Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Threaded View

Default Legislation to Eliminate the State Income Tax?

Not so sure that brick and mortar retail is healthy enough to make up a 9 Billion dollar hole in the state budget though I will agree that the current personal tax system in this state has gone off the edge of a cliff here making it not one of the most desirable states to live in compared to many others.

My choice would be a hard look at property tax relief since that is the first thing that is always thrown at virtually any employer that is willing to make a capital investment in Michigan.

I'm curious which tax everyone else thinks is the most prohibitive tax in this state to growth? Not as much about the far right or far left but the people who are more in the middle. "All of them" or "Tax corporations more" wouldn't be as interesting of a discussion.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...nate/96245982/
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; January-09-17 at 11:46 PM.