Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

The question I have is what type of Democrat is Whitmer? I'm finding very little information on her political stances.

Is she a neoliberal like the Clintons / Obama, or a New Deal progressive like Bernie Sanders?

If the latter, then sign me up!

If Ms. Whitmer is serious about her campaign, she needs an urban Detroit outreach office now. Ideally, two: one east, one west. She needs to start making regular appearances at Detroit locales for community meetings.
    She needs to speak on expanding voter access: expand the number of precincts; universal absentee voting should be made available.
    She needs to have a comprehensive plan for insurance rate reform.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Not some. Most. We have data indicating that most Trump supporters believe Obama is a Muslim agent. In fact two-thirds think Obama is Muslim:
    http://www.rollcall.com/news/politic...k-obama-muslim

And it should be obvious that your personal anecdotes are irrelevant. The fact that your Aunt Mary voted for Trump and doesn't think Obama is a Muslim is completely besides the point. Anecdotes don't refute data [[which, again, is another illustration of the dumbing down of America- people seriously dispute data by citing anecdote).

No, none of this is true.

Trump said he supports killing the Congressional Ethics Office [[which should be obvious, since he has been knee-deep in massive corruption his entire adult life, and clearly intends to use the Presidency as a massive kleptocracy, modeling himself after Putin).

He only told Congress to wait on killing the office. He said now is not the right time. I'm sure once he's in office and enriching himself at our expense, then Congress will remove the remaining ethics rules, and our U.S. kleptocracy will be complete.
    Your post proves that 'fake news' affects even those who think they are smart enough to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Calltoaction View Post
    Anyone but Snyder.
    Anyone but Snyder is already assured victory - due to term limits. I think this governor election is Calley's to lose. I don't even know if Witmer will win the primary, as I fully expect Duggan to throw his hat in the ring as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Your post proves that 'fake news' affects even those who think they are smart enough to know the difference.
    You're right. Fake news has affected me, and all people of the world, as we have to live with the consequences of our coming plutocracy.

You're right. Fake news has affected me, and all people of the world, as we have to live with the consequences of our coming plutocracy.
    Coming plutocracy? It's already here, and arrived a long time ago. If you hadn't noticed that than you must have been brainwashed by the fake news that only your side of the aisle is righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Short version: 'People are stupid. I don't respect their opinions.'

The failure of you, both political parties, and the media to respect people who don't think like them is the proximate cause of Trump's election.

Its now been a couple months of listening to the whining of those who think there wasn't a logical case for Trump. That his election is proof of gullibility.

Of course there are the gullible. There are the stupid. Some do believe Obama's a Muslim agent. I know several Trump voters. A cop. A car mechanic. A security system repairman. Two Ford executives. A GM engineer. Not one thinks Obama's a Muslim agent.

As to Trump's 500 other failings... I think the overall opinion is that politics is a mud-pit covered in a layer of slime. Everyone insults everyone. Trump just figured out that he could toss slime better than anyone. And he did.

I'm hoping that his slime-tossing skills are an indication of better skills -- the only I most hope for is common sense. The mud-pit politics gives voters what they want. Trump just told Republican operatives to give up on killing the Congressional Ethics Office -- common sense. Let's hope there's a lot more of it.
    Opinions are often wrong. There's no reason to "respect" a factually-incorrect or harmful opinion.

You voted for a well-known immature celebrity huckster with poor judgment and little relevant experience. If you're sick and tired of the medical establishment being controlled by Big Pharma, do you seek a quack "doctor" with no medical experience who has the maturity of a teenager?

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post
    Coming plutocracy? It's already here, and arrived a long time ago. If you hadn't noticed that than you must have been brainwashed by the fake news that only your side of the aisle is righteous.
    It's not clear you understand fake news.

Coming plutocracy? It's already here, and arrived a long time ago.
    How do you figure? We have never had a candidate remotely similar to Trump. If you think we have a plutocracy now, you're about to get absolutely gobsmacked. Trump's rouges gallery of advisors and cabinet appointees look like a Batman villain lineup. He just put his son in as chief advisor. He's eliminating Congressional ethics rules and will plunder the Treasury worse than Putin.
    If you hadn't noticed that than you must have been brainwashed by the fake news that only your side of the aisle is righteous.
    There is no such thing as "my side of the aisle". I'm not a member of either party. You voted for a unprecedented liar, a racist, and a demogogue whose supporters are brainwashed by a tidal wave of Putin and Breitbart-funded fakenews.

There's right and wrong. There's truth and lies. Trump is a liar, about everything, he's dangerous, he's unprecedented, and he will likely destroy the U.S. There has never, ever been someone as dangerous as Trump in this position.

That's why the whole planet is pretty much scared s---less right now. It has nothing to do with "libtards" or whatever ridiculous epithet you prefer using against those who oppose Trump [[which is is pretty much everyone except for 20% of adult Americans). We have an existential threat to humanity in the White House.

How do you figure? We have never had a candidate remotely similar to Trump. If you think we have a plutocracy now, you're about to get absolutely gobsmacked. Trump's rouges gallery of advisors and cabinet appointees look like a Batman villain lineup. He just put his son in as chief advisor. He's eliminating Congressional ethics rules and will plunder the Treasury worse than Putin.

There is no such thing as "my side of the aisle". I'm not a member of either party. You voted for a unprecedented liar, a racist, and a demogogue whose supporters are brainwashed by a tidal wave of Putin and Breitbart-funded fakenews.

There's right and wrong. There's truth and lies. Trump is a liar, about everything, he's dangerous, he's unprecedented, and he will likely destroy the U.S. There has never, ever been someone as dangerous as Trump in this position.

That's why the whole planet is pretty much scared s---less right now. It has nothing to do with "libtards" or whatever ridiculous epithet you prefer using against those who oppose Trump [[which is is pretty much everyone except for 20% of adult Americans). We have an existential threat to humanity in the White House.
    You must have forgot when Bill Clinton appointed Hillary as a health care advisor in his administration in the 90s. Or when Obama appointed the bankster, tax cheat Timothy Geithner as Treasurer, or the global warlordess Crooked $hillary as his Secretary of State. How about that slimy Sidney Blumenthal? Is there any bigger spreader of fake news, edited video clips, and other propaganda than his Media Matters? It didn't begin with Trump. Why do you single him out? Did your fake news not cover any of this?

And Trump didn't appoint his son as "chief advisor". What position is that anyway? Trump is adding his son-in-law as one of many advisors. Jared Kushner will have be confirmed by the senate, just like everyone else. And how would his son-in-law raid the Treasury "like Putin"? If he is just an advisor, how would he have access to the Treasury Department? It seems a stretch. It also seems like you have let yourself be propagandized by all this silly anti-Putin rhetoric coming from the fake news.

Trump has also made numerous public statements against the Washington GOP wanting to rearrange the Congressional Ethics office.

You claim you have no side of the aisle. Maybe you really think you don't. But to me that only is proof of the mind job fake news has done on you, because your positions here are all democrat, blue state liberal. You claim Trump is dangerous, but he hasn't dropped bombs on anyone yet. I doubt you would call Obama dangerous, even though Obama created the civil war in Syria. Existential threat to humanity? That is just the basic bitch default position of people who have had their brain rinsed out by too much fake news.

Have you bothered to fact check Trump even once on what he has said? I have also never seen a President Elect back peddle or flip on so many campaign promises before even taking the oath of office. Also, cute nicknames like Crooked $hillary don't reinforce your argument, they devalue it and prove you're one of the rubes taken in by the con man. I am going to tread lightly here though, I would hate for the President Elect to call me out on twitter because I hurt his feelings...

You must have forgot when Bill Clinton appointed Hillary as a health care advisor in his administration in the 90s. Or when Obama appointed the bankster, tax cheat Timothy Geithner as Treasurer, or the global warlordess Crooked $hillary as his Secretary of State. How about that slimy Sidney Blumenthal? Is there any bigger spreader of fake news, edited video clips, and other propaganda than his Media Matters? It didn't begin with Trump. Why do you single him out? Did your fake news not cover any of this?

And Trump didn't appoint his son as "chief advisor". What position is that anyway? Trump is adding his son-in-law as one of many advisors. Jared Kushner will have be confirmed by the senate, just like everyone else. And how would his son-in-law raid the Treasury "like Putin"? If he is just an advisor, how would he have access to the Treasury Department? It seems a stretch. It also seems like you have let yourself be propagandized by all this silly anti-Putin rhetoric coming from the fake news.

Trump has also made numerous public statements against the Washington GOP wanting to rearrange the Congressional Ethics office.

You claim you have no side of the aisle. Maybe you really think you don't. But to me that only is proof of the mind job fake news has done on you, because your positions here are all democrat, blue state liberal. You claim Trump is dangerous, but he hasn't dropped bombs on anyone yet. I doubt you would call Obama dangerous, even though Obama created the civil war in Syria. Existential threat to humanity? That is just the basic bitch default position of people who have had their brain rinsed out by too much fake news.
    Ironic Post-of-the-Day Award winner.

How about that slimy Sidney Blumenthal? Is there any bigger spreader of fake news, edited video clips, and other propaganda than his Media Matters?
    You mean David Brock.

He's awful too though. This fool [[David Brock) worked with The Anointed One'sİ campaign to spend millions of dollars in establishing a troll brigade called Correct The Record. If anyone [[whether they were Bernie Sanders supporters or Trump supporters) dared to say something "mean" about The Anointed Oneİ, they were paid to attack you mercilessly in a millisecond.
    Last edited by 313WX; January-09-17 at 07:36 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3