Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

View Poll Results: Trump's presidency will be?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tremendous

2 10.00%
  • Bigly

2 10.00%
  • The winniest presidency ever, believe me!

2 10.00%
  • Sad!

14 70.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Too bad Rob Ford died. He could have done a few lines and entertained everyone with stories of how he was set up.
    Montreal mayor's aide got set up by his pusher too recently... Holidays are a great time to rewrite one's résumé.

https://www.google.ca/amp/montrealga...eth-report/amp

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Agreed. Hate is something they all have in common as you say. What a bunch of sore losers. He should get a hold of someone off an old "Apprentice" roster who plays the ukulele or washboard and be satisfied with that. He wants ordinary folks to attend and screw the damned artists as you put it. Bunch of entertaining crybabies.
    What a good original idea. Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by coracle; December-25-16 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    What a good original idea. Merry Christmas.
    Same to you coracle. Good tidings. I hope we don't end up harboring to many Hollywood types in our neck of the woods. We need to leave room to the moose and caribou to roam.

There was always one quote from a Presidential task force that stuck in my craw. This election. Is one.

“Thereare known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.”

Trump 2015?

DonaldRumsfeld. No nukes found. And fond of the lower middle class for enlightenment.

Happy P day.
    Last edited by Bigb23; December-27-16 at 04:56 PM.

After Trump is appointed Reichsfuhrer, Liberty dies!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    After Trump is appointed Reichsfuhrer, Liberty dies!
    Danny - please polish your quotes. we love you're input, but can't stand some of you're inputs. Capish ?

Wonder what Trump's legacy will be a century from now. I always felt sorry for the legacy of Millard Fillmore, for how they marked his grave. [[Yes, that truly is his grave marker.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Wonder what Trump's legacy will be a century from now. I always felt sorry for the legacy of Millard Fillmore, for how they marked his grave. [[Yes, that truly is his grave marker.)
    That is the stone marking his grave, but there's a 20ft tall granite obelisk a few feet behind it.

Attachment 32399

My attachment is also MF.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    “Thereare known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.”

Trump 2015?

Indeed, the only certainty with Trump is the uncertainty.

I did not support Trump, but did vote for him. We don't know what Trump was going to bring -- but we were certain what Hillary was selling. The certainty that Hillary wouldn't be pushing yet more political pandering was worth the risk. Now the dice have been rolled. And we'll see what's in store. It will be interesting.

Just as long as he tweets and has an Over-the-shoulder angel check his spelling; we are in for a treat.

Then again, I might like reading like this;
    "Read my lisp; no more texas."

Feeding the swamp: WASHINGTON, Jan. 2 [[UPI) -- Republican members of the House voted Monday to strip the independence from the Office of Congressional Ethics, bringing the non-partisan watchdog under the oversight of the House Ethics Committee -- some of the people it is designed to keep an eye on...
    Last edited by Bobl; January-02-17 at 11:40 PM.

In the first 100 days [[and beyond) I'm going to miss the frequent egresses of Obama from Air Force One. A slight figure jiggling down the center of an exit ramp without touching the sides; back again to talk about himself.

I'll have to get used to seeing Trump "[[sm)ooze" down with deliberation with his hand holding the handrail for control and wait for his Tweet.
    Last edited by coracle; January-03-17 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Indeed, the only certainty with Trump is the uncertainty.

I did not support Trump, but did vote for him. We don't know what Trump was going to bring -- but we were certain what Hillary was selling. The certainty that Hillary wouldn't be pushing yet more political pandering was worth the risk. Now the dice have been rolled. And we'll see what's in store. It will be interesting.
    You won't be disappointed, believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Feeding the swamp: WASHINGTON, Jan. 2 [[UPI) -- Republican members of the House voted Monday to strip the independence from the Office of Congressional Ethics, bringing the non-partisan watchdog under the oversight of the House Ethics Committee -- some of the people it is designed to keep an eye on...
    Republicans were heard saying "Nothing to see here folks. Move along."
    Damn politicians are like cockroaches, can't get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Republicans were heard saying "Nothing to see here folks. Move along."
    Damn politicians are like cockroaches, can't get rid of them.
    Saw where house democrats were complaining about this and were joined by Donald Trump in condemning the Repubs for this move.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Saw where house democrats were complaining about this and were joined by Donald Trump in condemning the Repubs for this move.
    Here we go:

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/03/us...fice.html?_r=0

And he's not even in office yet.

"You won't be disappointed, believe me." Looking forward to it.....

He hasn't even started on day one yet and there's already talk that Consruction has hit a 10 year high; Ford is going to put a new plant in Flat Rock instead of Mexico; the Russians may not have hacked the DNC and the Stock Market is booming.

It must be terrible to be a democrat and have to switch the TV on and see/hear good news; unless of course they go to CNN and listen to the guy who usually talks to wall and et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Here we go:

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/03/us...fice.html?_r=0

And he's not even in office yet.

"You won't be disappointed, believe me." Looking forward to it.....

Awesome. Thanks for that link.

We seem to be getting some good results with his Jack Hammer approach to air dirty laundry in twitter, pressuring the establishment and corporations that go against his policy wishes to change their ways. I hope this leverage can continue.

This was brilliantly played. Trump wins a pr battle. Whoever planned this episode should win an award.
    Last edited by Bobl; January-03-17 at 03:28 PM.

Hopefully someone will put him out of our misery before then.

The best event might be his funeral.

In response to a Carrier employee's question, Pres. Obama said this in June of this year:

“[W]hen somebody says, like [Trump], that he’s going to bring all these jobs back, well how exactly are you going to do that? What are you going to do?”

“There’s — there’s no answer to it. He just says, ‘Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.’ Well, how — what — how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And usually, the answer is he doesn’t have an answer.”

President Obama, are you taking notes for your memoir?

Last edited by oladub; January-03-17 at 08:51 PM.

Amazing that this con man can place paid staff members into a news conference with instructions to applaud when he replies to questions, and get away with it. P. T. Barnum would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Amazing that this con man can place paid staff members into a news conference with instructions to applaud when he replies to questions, and get away with it. P. T. Barnum would be proud.
    I like the comparison of the media/democrats cast as Wile E Coyote receiving all their "bombs and TNT" etc from the CNN Acme Machine Co. and Trump like a Roadrunner running rings round them as it all blows up in their faces. While at the same time Russian bogie men are alleged to have hacked their password which was "password", and Comey keeps reminding us all she's a crook.

Here he comes again, "Beep, beep!"

It's just too beautiful to forget. A bunch of democrats that have been stiffed by someone P.T. Barnum would be proud of, left with a gnawing pain in their bellies that will last for 8 long long years or more.
    Last edited by coracle; January-13-17 at 09:06 PM.

Last edited by coracle; January-15-17 at 03:45 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast