Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

View Poll Results: Trump's presidency will be?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tremendous

2 10.00%
  • Bigly

2 10.00%
  • The winniest presidency ever, believe me!

2 10.00%
  • Sad!

14 70.00%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default TRUMP: The First 100 Days [Are You Prepared Infinity]

Now that everyone is done celebrating the election of Donald J. Trump as the 45th president of the United States, and we are being treated to a feast of news covering his cabinet picks, we can now turn our attention to his first 100 days in office. Trump's first 100 days will begin on January 20, 2017 and will conclude on April 29, 2017. This thread will serve as a chronicle of the decisions Trump makes in the first 100 days and how those decisions will lay the foundation of his presidency.

What things are you looking forward to, what timeline do you expect they will be completed in, and what impact are you expecting? What issues do you expect to crop up? Do you expect foreign conflicts to flare up, like with Iran, Syria, Russia, China, etc.? Domestic issues like the DAPL or health care reform? Will Trump have more economic wins as more companies commit to investing in America and keeping jobs here?

DYes! community, now is your time to discuss what the Trump administration will mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Now that everyone is done celebrating the election of Donald J. Trump as the 45th president of the United States, and we are being treated to a feast of news covering his cabinet picks, we can now turn our attention to his first 100 days in office. Trump's first 100 days will begin on January 20, 2017 and will conclude on April 29, 2017. This thread will serve as a chronicle of the decisions Trump makes in the first 100 days and how those decisions will lay the foundation of his presidency.

What things are you looking forward to, what timeline do you expect they will be completed in, and what impact are you expecting? What issues do you expect to crop up? Do you expect foreign conflicts to flare up, like with Iran, Syria, Russia, China, etc.? Domestic issues like the DAPL or health care reform? Will Trump have more economic wins as more companies commit to investing in America and keeping jobs here?

DYes! community, now is your time to discuss what the Trump administration will mean to you.
    I'm scared.....

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I'm scared.....
    Why on earth would you be scared?

There is a small chance that Trump won't be President. Consider the rabid hatred directed at him by the corporate press, neocons, and various Democratic groups. The recounts were a flop with Trump gaining a few votes in WI, a federal judge ridiculing the Stein recount in PA, and another federal judge putting an end to the MI recount after Detroit's results became embarrassing to Democrats although maybe not for that reason. We are on to our second Democratic coup attempt based on a fake news story without any hard data or even spokespersons from the CIA. It probably won't accomplish any more than Jill Stein. Meanwhile, Obama says he is going to "take action" against Russia whatever that means, how Russia might respond, and its effect on the election. Also, hostile crowds will be lining the parade route on inauguration day. Is it possible that the deep government folks are whipping up paranoia and hatred hoping that things will get out of hand or to prod some lone wolves into action? I've also wondered why Trump put so many military people in his cabinet. We hear of conflict between the FBI and CIA, Obama's seeming purge of military brass and have to wonder, I do anyway, if something big is at hand. A reassuring thing is that the stock market has gone up since the election suggesting that people at the top aren't as worried as I am. That's good because they are in a better position to know what's going on.

edited to add 12/18: I came across this linked article "A CIA-led Coup Against American Democracy Is Unfolding Before Our Eyes" by a blogger, Moon of Alabama. His concerns are more articulated then mine but also include a coup attempt as a possible reason for Trump hiring generals. Possible scenarios beginning with a possible coup at the electoral college are included.
    Last edited by oladub; December-18-16 at 09:25 AM.

Scared. Why? Trickle down economics does not work. Deregulation aids the wealthiest people and corporations, while harming the average Joe or Mary. Last time we had a derugalation and trickle down supply side president, we were losing 800,000 jobs per month at the end of his term. Last time we had a deregulation, supply side president with a republican house and senate, the great depression followed. So far, his cabinet picks point in President Harding's direction.
    Last edited by Bobl; December-17-16 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Scared. Why? Trickle down economics does not work. Deregulation aids the wealthiest people and corporations, while harming the average Joe or Mary. Last time we had a derugalation and trickle down supply side president, we were losing 800,000 jobs per month at the end of his term. Last time we had a deregulation, supply side president with a republican house and senate, the great depression followed. So far, his cabinet picks point in President Harding's direction.
    Bobl, You took the name of Warren Harding in vain. Only insults to Calvin Coolidge could be worse. Harding was successful when he slashed the role of government through cuts in federal spending and in tax rates. Lowering unemployment form 11.2% to 2.4% WHILE cutting the federal budget in half and reducing taxes by one-third isn't too bad. I would have liked Obama better had he done the same. Hoover was different. The economy crashed under Hoover and remained underwater until WWII and the post war rebuilding of Europe put Americans back to work. Obama locked in half of Bush's tax cuts for the rich permanently by the way. If only Trump could be as successful with the economy and keeping the US out of war as Harding and Coolidge.

Oladub, I incorrectly named Harding rather than Coolidge. I will grant that Coolidge cleaned up some of the corruption of the Harding years, but we disagree about the financial collapse that happened the year his term expired. The damage was done, but it took months to show up in the crash. Sad that it took a World War to finally get out of the hole. I hope that I am wrong about our next president.
    Last edited by Bobl; December-18-16 at 09:06 PM.

Love your poll CP, but what does 'Bigly' mean. Is it similar to FUGLY........?
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-19-16 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Love your poll CP, but what does 'Bigly' mean. Is it similar to FUGLY........?
    Only Trump knows.

I think he's actually saying big league, which would mean major, or basically a positive thing in a major way. That's just my guess.

The changes will take more than a hundred days, but will take place relatively quickly. As I wrote on another post, President Trump's head will spin from the number of bills sent to him to sign. The powerful interests in charge, who ironically did not want him as a candidate, will move quickly to get their tax cuts, deals, and accelerated transfer of wealth. It will be what is left of the working and middle class, not the swamp, that will be drained. Just look at the cabinet appointments. Trump will be a one term president after the harm is done, and voters see what has happened to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    The changes will take more than a hundred days, but will take place relatively quickly. As I wrote on another post, President Trump's head will spin from the number of bills sent to him to sign. The powerful interests in charge, who ironically did not want him as a candidate, will move quickly to get their tax cuts, deals, and accelerated transfer of wealth. It will be what is left of the working and middle class, not the swamp, that will be drained. Just look at the cabinet appointments. Trump will be a one term president after the harm is done, and voters see what has happened to them.
    Yes, all these things will happen at an unpresidented scale.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Yes, all these things will happen at an unpresidented scale.

Nice word play.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Nice word play.
    Yes, I have Chump to thank for it. I didn't invent nothing, else I'd be a billionaire by now.

Yes, I have Chump to thank for it. I didn't invent nothing, else I'd be a billionaire by now.
    Don't forget the O quote; you didn't make that!

Probably not. No matter how hard you try, your rate of income won't keep pace with the rate of devaluation of your Dollar under the Chump you've elected.
    Last edited by coracle; December-22-16 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    Probably not. No matter how hard you try, your rate of income won't keep pace with the rate of devaluation of your Dollar under the Chump you've elected.
    It will be interesting to watch as we have been stagnant for 10yrs with wages and growth. This last quarter is the first time the economy has has grown at a normal rate of around 3.2% This is probably a bubble from the election that will fade unless T does keep his promise to bring more jobs into the economy.

As regards to Trump's first 100 days [[and after) I hope somebody isn't cramming loads of specially selected Muslims into the county in the dying days of Obama, to include plenty of ISIS terrorists to penalize Trump for creaming them at the Election.

I certainly wouldn't put it past ANY democrat.

He disgusts me as do his cabinet picks. To think that Kelly Polls is running the country. Thanks to all who voted for him, not.

The
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    It will be interesting to watch as we have been stagnant for 10yrs with wages and growth. This last quarter is the first time the economy has has grown at a normal rate of around 3.2% This is probably a bubble from the election that will fade unless T does keep his promise to bring more jobs into the economy.
    I didn't know about your 3.2% growth - that's impressive. When we achieve that our democrats will start fainting in the streets [[and they won't have Obamacare).

Do you think the time is right to open a bank account in Windsor with American Dollars to get a 33% return as your Dollar returns to par with the American Dollar. At the moment one can buy $100k Canadian with $75k American [[and get $100k American back at par). Maybe the best way for me to a new car.

The
    I didn't know about your 3.2% growth - that's impressive. When we achieve that our democrats will start fainting in the streets [[and they won't have Obamacare).

Do you think the time is right to open a bank account in Windsor with American Dollars to get a 33% return as your Dollar returns to par with the American Dollar. At the moment one can buy $100k Canadian with $75k American [[and get $100k American back at par). Maybe the best way for me to a new car.
    Talk to your financial adviser for advice.

As regards to Trump's first 100 days [[and after) I hope somebody isn't cramming loads of specially selected Muslims into the county in the dying days of Obama, to include plenty of ISIS terrorists to penalize Trump for creaming them at the Election.

I certainly wouldn't put it past ANY democrat.
    I don't know about Muslims but one stinkbomb hovering over Chump's campaign staff is the meager harvest of celebrities that show up at his inauguration. Maybe Peewee Herman will oblige. Don't know. Elton John suggested Ted Nugent. Payback time.

I don't know about Muslims but one stinkbomb hovering over Chump's campaign staff is the meager harvest of celebrities that show up at his inauguration. Maybe Peewee Herman will oblige. Don't know. Elton John suggested Ted Nugent. Payback time.
    I shouldn't think there's many he would like. They're just a bunch of commies full of hate when it doesn't go their way. Most of them must be in Canada by now anyway; we hope [[except Cher who went to Jupiter).

You"ll find most of them that have already said "no" haven't been asked anyway but are preparing the ground for their rejection. Why should Trump want to be entertained by a bunch of losers?

I shouldn't think there's many he would like. They're just a bunch of commies full of hate when it doesn't go their way. Most of them must be in Canada by now anyway; we hope [[except Cher who went to Jupiter).

You"ll find most of them that have already said "no" haven't been asked anyway but are preparing the ground for their rejection. Why should Trump want to be entertained by a bunch of losers?
    Agreed. Hate is something they all have in common as you say. What a bunch of sore losers. He should get a hold of someone off an old "Apprentice" roster who plays the ukulele or washboard and be satisfied with that. He wants ordinary folks to attend and screw the damned artists as you put it. Bunch of entertaining crybabies.

I think the first 100 days should be the least of our worries.

Agreed. Hate is something they all have in common as you say. What a bunch of sore losers. He should get a hold of someone off an old "Apprentice" roster who plays the ukulele or washboard and be satisfied with that. He wants ordinary folks to attend and screw the damned artists as you put it. Bunch of entertaining crybabies.
    Too bad Rob Ford died. He could have done a few lines and entertained everyone with stories of how he was set up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast