Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Tough to use Fairfax County as a compare/contrast with anything here. In Virginia, the county government [[if it hasn't changed since I lived there) does not overlap with the city government. You live in either Alexandria or Fairfax County, not both. So to compare Fairfax County to something other than that I think misses something.

I pulled up the demographics of Oakland County to compare. Fairfax is 62% white, 9% black, 17% asian. Oakland is 77% white, 13% black and 5% asian. Which is more "diverse"? I guess that depends on your perspective. Are they group racially within the county? In Oakland, the answer is undoubtedly yes. I'm guessing it's the same in Fairfax County as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BankruptcyGuy View Post
    Tough to use Fairfax County as a compare/contrast with anything here. In Virginia, the county government [[if it hasn't changed since I lived there) does not overlap with the city government. You live in either Alexandria or Fairfax County, not both. So to compare Fairfax County to something other than that I think misses something.

I pulled up the demographics of Oakland County to compare. Fairfax is 62% white, 9% black, 17% asian. Oakland is 77% white, 13% black and 5% asian. Which is more "diverse"? I guess that depends on your perspective. Are they group racially within the county? In Oakland, the answer is undoubtedly yes. I'm guessing it's the same in Fairfax County as well.
    At the macro level, Fairfax County has 62% white which is comparable to the nation as a whole.

Are the other 38% more compressed in certain areas? Yes.

There is a lot more diversity inside the beltway, less outside.
    Last edited by emu steve; December-20-16 at 12:19 PM.

Interesting article about D.C.

Census Bureau shows a 13% increase in pop since 2010.

I find that number staggering until I see the thousands and thousands of new housing units built/being built around Nats Park, NoMa area, etc.

It is incredible.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.abf812ba4fad

Very few people predicted this rapid population growth for Washington, D. C. The new tendency of young professionals to prefer city living is part of the story. Much more important is how our government is changing. Federal government employment is not increasing rapidly. But almost all major businesses and professional organizations now have large staffs in Washington to influence the federal government.
    The Wall Street Journal last week had an essay suggesting that the new administration relocate federal agencies to sites outside Washington. Both the FBI and the Department of Labor plan major new buildings. The author suggested that the FBI headquarters should be moved to Detroit. That is very unlikely to happen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3