Spot on East Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Be Kay View Post
    Bicycle Hating Motorist.

Biggot.

No difference.
    Bicyclist

Organ donor

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
    Know what you mean about folks with nothing better to do then harass a cyclist. What have you found to be a good remedy for that?
    Move to Ann Arbor. No packs of wild dogs to deal with, and the people are tolerant of bicyclists.

Quote Originally Posted by rid0617 View Post
    Bicyclist

Organ donor
    Go troll another thread please. I'm not taking the bait.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverinesA2 View Post
    Move to Ann Arbor. No packs of wild dogs to deal with, and the people are tolerant of bicyclists.
    Probably not helpful to suggest moving out of Detroit. The idea here is to promote the city.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverinesA2 View Post
    Agreed, and if you do get hit, it's never a big deal because people don't drive that fast. My biggest problem has always been pedestrians who run out across the street between cars while I'm riding on the street. This is common because most pedestrians are looking for cars rather than cyclists. Twice, I've seen pedestrians cited for jaywalking in A2 when they've caused a collision with a cyclist, and that's the only two times in my life I've seen a jaywalking ticket ever cited.

To be honest, I've always had a problem free experience in Detroit. It's probably the easiest city to get around by bicycle that I've ever been in because not everything is stop and go with lights and heavy traffic.

It's bad out here in Chicago when a bunch of tourists just wander and stop right out in the middle of the congested bike path along the lakeshore. They've really made efforts in recent years to put up warnings and restricted zones for walking.
    Last edited by wolverine; August-23-09 at 05:33 PM.

I'm curious--I've had problems with individual dogs, but has anyone had a problem with a pack of dogs on a bike?

diver1369 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rid0617 View Post
    Bicyclist

Organ donor
    I know you're not serious but that is seriously funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Be Kay View Post
    Go troll another thread please. I'm not taking the bait.
    Sorry but no bait to take. Motorist are so involved in their personal lives, cell phones and text messages bikers are organ donors. One of the reasons I refuse to give up my 4,000 pound car. Excellent commercial here even though it involves motor cycles. Lawyer advertising and the slogan is "motorcycle riders don't have fender benders".

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    I'm curious--I've had problems with individual dogs, but has anyone had a problem with a pack of dogs on a bike?
    I never have. In over 10 years I've been chased twice by Detroit dogs and only one was feral -- and neither were that quick. I've been chased by dogs more often in Detroit's more rural suburbs.

As for the thread trolls, I think it's best to just add them to your ignore list [[User CP->Edit Ignore List).

On Headline News just now;

Dude gets hit by car while on a bike. Hit & run, biker breaks leg. Street sign in video say Woodward & Main St, but city is not identified. Dude tries to crawl out of street dragging bike with him. Traffic keeps whizzing by.

Somebody finally stopped to help.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    Seen feral packs near the Packard Plant, never been chased. Last week I watched a pet Rottweiler not on a leash chase a cyclist near MCS. The owner finally caught up to the dog and punched him in the head, wtf.

There was a recent video on the History Channel regarding dogs. Detroit was one of the cities covered. They did monitor dogs in the area north of the existing Dequindre Cut and east of Eastern Market.
    http://www.history.com/video.do?name...id=34281513001

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2