Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bumpy ride? For who?

Trumph revels in this.

All the political news outlets making money cause it's, All Trump, All the time.

Bham et al: Why would you think that Putin would want Trump to win unless he seriously wants a better relationship with the U.S. - which I think would be a good thing.

Actually, The USSR and Russia have predicted for years that the U.S.'s influence in the world would substantially diminish as a result of it's internal corruption, incompetence, and negative excesses.

Therefore, having [[almost) survived the policies of the worst president the country has ever experienced, and the election of Hillary would be a continuation of the same policies that make us the largest debtor nation on the planet and a second rate power, wouldn't one think Putin would have rigged the election for Hillary?

Think for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    Wow, that's terrifying. I see an autocrat insulting and bullying owners, telling them what to do with their property. And if they don't do it, he'll take it from them, probably using the power of the government. I really hope that doesn't happen here.

Lol,most will not understand the sarcasm there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Bumpy ride? For who?

Trumph revels in this.

All the political news outlets making money cause it's, All Trump, All the time.

I am beginning to wonder if the media is giving him kickbacks,he sure knows how to drive the ratings up.

Quote Originally Posted by 3WC View Post
    Bham et al: Why would you think that Putin would want Trump to win unless he seriously wants a better relationship with the U.S. - which I think would be a good thing.

Actually, The USSR and Russia have predicted for years that the U.S.'s influence in the world would substantially diminish as a result of it's internal corruption, incompetence, and negative excesses.

Therefore, having [[almost) survived the policies of the worst president the country has ever experienced, and the election of Hillary would be a continuation of the same policies that make us the largest debtor nation on the planet and a second rate power, wouldn't one think Putin would have rigged the election for Hillary?

Think for a change.

I think the whole Russia thing was a ploy to gather the Cold War generation support,most realize the odds of getting blown up by a radical while going about thier daily business far outweigh a threat from Russia.

Keep your friends close,but your enemies closer.

The Fake Campaign to "Blame the Russians" -counterpunch

Russia and/or anyone could have hacked into US sites given the failure of the Obama administration to defend this country from cyber attacks. That's a point Republicans should make during these hearings. If Republicans play it right, the new attorney general will be obligated to punish Hillary for her excessively careless handling of national security on her illegal server.

It is hypocritical that although the US, under Obama, was caught hacking Angela Merkel's phone, the Obama administration expects Russia to not do such things. That bad, bad Mr. Putin isn't playing nice. Maybe the allegations are true but the entire story is based on unnamed sources and authorities. This constitutes poor journalism. Journalists did a better job of reporting things Trump privately said 11 years ago about grabbing. Had journalists been doing their job, maybe all the news about Hillary's corruption would have come from the WaPo and NYTimes instead of Assange.

"And having a KNOWN perjurer [[James Clapper) presiding over this farce of an "investigation" is just the icing on the cake.

"Senator Wyden then asked Clapper, "Does the NSA collect any type of data at all on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans?" He responded "No, sir." Wyden asked "It does not?" and Clapper said "Not wittingly. There are cases where they could inadvertently, perhaps, collect, but not wittingly."

Then it was revealed by Edward Snowden that, why yes, in fact the NSA does collect data on HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE HERE IN AMERICA [[probably all) and not "unwittlingly"...on f...ing purpose...snaring both Obama and Clapper in their fabricated stories otherwise known as lies.

Clapper perjured himself before Congress, a felony.

Period.

End of story." -enmewn's comment

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Lol,most will not understand the sarcasm there.
    I'm not feeling the sarcasm. It seems like some Trump supporters [[and Putin admirers) prefer an autocrat. Despite our traditions as a democracy and republic.

Think for a change.
    Wow. I find that hard to believe.

George W. worst president of the 21st century, if not 20th, also.

Bill Clinton gave us peace and prosperity [[both ended shortly after 1/20/2001). Bush gave us neither. Obama tried to right the Bush era problems.

To me between the Iraqi war and the Great Recession was a little like dreaming one died and went to hell but woke up and discovered living hell for America...

"Peace and prosperity" are not some public policy abstraction.

I was a statistician with the Census Bureau and a computer programmer with the Bureau of Labor Statistics in my younger day [[so I like numbers), but any 8th grader knows if our country is at peace and if there is plenty of food on the family table...

Hoover promised two chickens in every pot. Folks know if there are two chickens, one chicken, or no chickens in the pot...
    Last edited by emu steve; December-14-16 at 06:24 AM.

As far as debtor nation, yes we have problems.

Bush inherited a general fund yearly surplus [["budget surpluses as far as the eye can see"), turned into a growing deficit and got out of town before he would have gotten tarnished with it.

Pls. remember, the financial collapse occurred in the last month of the fiscal year [[Sept, 2008), so the effects of the collapse, on the budget, were felt in the next fiscal year[[s) which Obama got stuck with.

If Bush had been president for one more year he would have been up there with Hoover.

It would have been George's "Dubious Daily Double - Iraqi war and Great Recession."

I'm not aware of any modern president who have had a failed war and very deep recession BOTH on their record.
    Last edited by emu steve; December-14-16 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    It would have been George's "Dubious Daily Double - Iraqi war and Great Recession."

I'm not aware of any modern president who have had a failed war and very deep recession BOTH on their record.
    Don't forget hurricane Katrina for the triple crown.

As far as debtor nation, yes we have problems.

Bush inherited a general fund yearly surplus [["budget surpluses as far as the eye can see"), turned into a growing deficit and got out of town before he would have gotten tarnished with it.

Pls. remember, the financial collapse occurred in the last month of the fiscal year [[Sept, 2008), so the effects of the collapse, on the budget, were felt in the next fiscal year[[s) which Obama got stuck with.

If Bush had been president for one more year he would have been up there with Hoover.

Its funny you you can ignore Clintons failed foreign policy and the resulting 9/11 that was the cause of the Irag war and eventually the failed economy.

EMU Steve: If you had read even one of the two or three great books analyzing/documenting the causes of the 2007 financial meltdown you would understand [[although might not admit) that it's primary causes were the Democrat policies of Dodd and Frank. They almost singlehandedly started the mortgage crisis by demanding anyone that could breath in and out should be entitled to obtain a federally guaranteed home loan through Fanny and Freddie. Of course the banks, hedge funds, and the lowliest loan officer in the smallest country bank [[but not Greenspan if one is to believe him - ha) could see what was going to happen, created mtg backed securities, and shorted them. The last depression rests [[almost) solely on the shoulders of the Dems, although Bush was a wimp and failed to veto any of their hair brained schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    I'm not feeling the sarcasm. It seems like some Trump supporters [[and Putin admirers) prefer an autocrat. Despite our traditions as a democracy and republic.

We must live in two different countries,I am in business and there is not one aspect of it that the gov does not regulate or has the power to shut me down on a seconds notice.

Cities raiding medical marijuana stores for the cash because it is unbankable.
    Roadside seizures of cash legal or not.
    domain seizures of real estate.
    Freezing of bank accounts before proving a crime has been committed.

Even on this site there were calls for the gov to take the bridge.

Bottom line is the gov can pretty much do what they want through varies agencies and it will be on you and your expense to prove them wrong.

What is the difference?

Well I guess the be careful of what you ask for comes into play here.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ncts/95363314/

Nooooo, are they saying libtards commited voter fraud? Say it aint so.
    As if people with a working brain didnt already know this.
    Lololol as I

EMU Steve: If you had read even one of the two or three great books analyzing/documenting the causes of the 2007 financial meltdown you would understand [[although might not admit) that it's primary causes were the Democrat policies of Dodd and Frank. They almost singlehandedly started the mortgage crisis by demanding anyone that could breath in and out should be entitled to obtain a federally guaranteed home loan through Fanny and Freddie. Of course the banks, hedge funds, and the lowliest loan officer in the smallest country bank [[but not Greenspan if one is to believe him - ha) could see what was going to happen, created mtg backed securities, and shorted them. The last depression rests [[almost) solely on the shoulders of the Dems, although Bush was a wimp and failed to veto any of their hair brained schemes.
    I think you're thinking of the bipartisan Graham-Leach-Bliley Act [[named after 3 Republican sponsors), which repealed part of the Glass-Steagall Act. According to a Cato Institute analysis, GLBA allowed mergers between commercial and investment banks, making them feel too big to fail, and so therefore feeling like they could take on riskier investments like subprime mortgage backed securities.

The Dodd-Frank Act was passed in 2009 as a response to the Great Recession.

We need to know the 'overcount' - are we talking a few votes per precinct OR was there a big problem, e.g., 25, 50, 100 or more in some precincts???

Voting it like a business man counting the till at the end of business. Maybe a few dollars short or a few dollars over. Big difference between two dollars and two hundred dollars. One is human error; the other is????
    Last edited by emu steve; December-15-16 at 04:39 AM.

archfan: I was not referring to Glass-Stiegel or Dodd-Frank. I was referring to books such as "The Big Short" and others [[and my own experiences) which detailed the conditions which led to the "Great Recession", and the conduct of Dodd and Frank and several money center banks and hedge funds which caused and profited from the debacle. You seem as if you have a reasonable background on such issues and if you haven't read such books you should as you will enjoy them.

An aside: I am amused by all those angered at the alleged involvement by Russia in the alleged hacking activities of Russia. They conveniently ignore our own hacking activities such as the hacking of Germany's Merkel"s phone and emails. Ooops, forgot about that. [[If Russia was involved, it has my vote for a medal honoring it's public service to we sheep.)

The CIA has been interfering in and influencing other countries' elections and governance for years. It's been our national policy. How's that worked out?

We need to know the 'overcount' - are we talking a few votes per precinct OR was there a big problem, e.g., 25, 50, 100 or more in some precincts???

Voting it like a business man counting the till at the end of business. Maybe a few dollars short or a few dollars over. Big difference between two dollars and two hundred dollars. One is human error; the other is????
    The recount effort also showed that 392 of Detroit's 662 precincts couldn't be recounted because the number of ballots in the ballot box didn't match the number of people listed as voting in the poll book. Some had too many ballots, others, not enough.
    Among the discrepancies found by Wayne County were:

• 77 precincts +1 vote
    • 62 precincts +2 votes
    • 37 precincts +3 votes
    • 20 precincts +4 votes
    • 52 precincts +5 or more votes
    • 81 precincts -1 vote
    • 29 precincts -2 votes
    • 19 precincts -3 votes
    • 7 precincts -4 votes
    • 8 precincts -5 or more votes

Kind of what I expected. Lot of canceling out but still there was some minor problems with overcounts. I'd guess there was a net over count of a few hundred; maybe up to say 500, which is not much given the size of the electorate BUT it could be important in a close race.

One hundred fifty eight of the 392 were +/- one vote, which is pretty much what I would expect. Mostly cancel themselves out.

I don't lose any sleep or that or +/- two votes. [[I'm not up because I lost sleep over the recount. )
    Last edited by emu steve; December-16-16 at 03:31 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3