Hudson Site Proposal Interior
740 FOOT TOWER PROPSED FOR HUDSON SITE »

10 FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

In this day and age I don't see a problem with a recount. I doubt it will change the results, but it might shed some light on the election system if it is corrupt or not despite the party.

we're in a multi faceted system that seems to add a complexity to how we tally the votes

it might not be a case of voter fraud, but merely a case of an antiquated system that needs to be updated..

According to the Detroit News, over half of Detroit precincts my be ineligible for a recount.
    http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...able/95007392/

Problems with votes in Detroit, who'd a thunk it? Once again the City's ineptitude shines like a beacon in the darkness.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; December-06-16 at 08:21 AM.

Well, the started recount seems to be over. I do feel that I did get my money's
    worth of everybody else's trouble. I do think that it probably has been shown
    that there was no blatant hack of the election process but given that there
    always will be some actors interested in a hack, preferably subtle but effective,
    and hard to trace, the process should be given enough resources to ensure that
    an election is comprehensive, inclusive and accurate. Giving my money to the
    Green Party recount effort is more my vote for this rather than being upset
    that Clinton lost or being in favor of the Green Party in the presidency.

I scrounged around on the Internet. The City of Detroit Elections Department
    had been systematically defunded in the financial crisis leading up to the City
    bankruptcy in my recollection. I found this item, I really don't know how good
    the reporting is, I could have dredged up fake news for all I know. Sorry, please
    set me straight if it needs to happen.

http://www.politicususa.com/2012/04/...detroit-2.html

In this article it was estimated that the funding for the 2012 election year
    was much less than in previous years and specifies an amount of funding that
    the city received which was less than the original fee Jill Stein had to pay for
    the recount. To a certain extent, because of overall population loss in the city,
    there did not need to be as much funding.

Before anyone decides that Janice Winfrey must go, they should review how
    much money an election department should be getting to run a competent
    presidential election, with every precinct being recountable, and determine if
    the City of Detroit (and other locations) were receiving this adequate amount.

The recounts apparently showed that Pennsylvania, like Wisconsin, and also the results in Michigan would have changed the election to a Clinton victory if Ms Stein was not on the ballot. Ms Stein and her supporters succeeded in getting Trump elected. It is over now and it is hoped that President Trump will surprise doubters and change things for the better. One can hope.
    Last edited by Bobl; December-13-16 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    The recounts apparently showed that Pennsylvania, like Wisconsin, and also the results in Michigan would have changed the election to a Clinton victory if Ms Stein was not on the ballot. Ms Stein and her supporters succeeded in getting Trump elected. It is over now and it is hoped that President Trump will surprise doubters and change things for the better. One can hope.

Maybe that's your lesson, Bobl, mine is different. If DEMS would've given the people who they wanted, namely Bernie Sanders, they could've been enjoying victory today. Instead they decided to play the people for fools and try to ram Mrs. Clinton up everyone's keister. People took exception to that, and it didn't work. The fact that you want to limit people's choices, (eg. "you're just throwing your vote away"), scares me more then Trump in office. If we're going to continue to bill ourselves as a Democracy, then let's really strive to be one, and leave the story telling for camp fires.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; December-13-16 at 11:25 AM.

Honky Tonk, we are not a true democracy, we are a relatively democratic republic. In a democracy, the candidate with the the most votes would have won. My partner voted for Sanders in the primary. We both voted for Clinton after he endorsed her. Clinton lost after receiving nearly three million more votes than her opponent. It's over. I enjoy your posts. Write on!

This is a little bit off topic but I am putting it here for comparison purposes.
    The funds raised by Stein for the recount came to between 7 and 10 million
    dollars. The funds were composed of small good faith donations from people
    who could be considered misguided by some others.

Not that I have a particular opinion one way or the other on the following case,
    but apparently President Elect Trump is suing a restaurateur for ten million,
    a comparable amount, for breaking a lease:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...suing-him.html

Here is the summary page from Jill Stein on the amount raised for
    the recount and where the money went:

http://www.jill2016.com/fundraising_ends

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    Here is the summary page from Jill Stein on the amount raised for
    the recount and where the money went:

http://www.jill2016.com/fundraising_ends
    Thanks for the update on the funding expenditures. I look at the statement that it was done in good faith for american people with a grain of salt. It was done for political gain as this recount campaign put a spotlight on the Green party which is struggling to make a name for itself. Well thats politics....

Looks like a remake of the bankruptcy,the money went to the lawyers,consultants and administrative expenses.

In less then 60 days.

Looks like everyone got paid as expected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2