Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Green Party rolling in the Green

Hmmmn Green parties Jill Stein raises more money than the initial goal for a recount of ballots in three states. More money than raised for her entire campaign and in just a couple of days.
    Now who do we suppose is donating to this cause and why?

I thought the Green Party was opposed to the political system and its corruption.

Well, they're going to look and see if there was any corruption. No harm at looking at the evidence. It's a Hail Mary of Hail Marys and I highly doubt it will change anything but people have every right to push for it if that's what they want. Me, I think it would make more sense to invest in a candidate for 2020.
    It's almost entirely Clinton voters funding it which is grimly amusing to me in a way as they had nothing but contempt for Jill Stein previously. This election has been like the 4th season of Lost - the sides have been shuffled around so much it became almost impossible to figure out who's on what side anymore.

Jill probably doesn't want to remain persona non grata in her circle of friends like Ralph Nader was. Bernie bought a nice lakeside dacha after he caved but he remained relevant.

If this were actually about hacking, it seems Jill or Hillary would be demanding paper ballots in the future. Otherwise, this seems like just another attempt to keep the option of litigating the outcome of future elections or since the claim was made that this is about hacking*, the appropriate hacking may have been accomplished since the election to flip a couple of states for Hillary. Meanwhile, electors are being threatened and the opportunity exists to dig up dirt on electors to blackmail them. I wouldn't put anything past Hillary. International oligarchs will stop at nothing but, yes, crooked Hillary does have every right to a recount.

"It "must be expected" that presidential candidates accept the outcome of the election when they "may not like them," Clinton said."
    What Hillary said and what she does are often different. She also conceded defeat. That's two lies. Huma Abadin's sister was meanwhile encouraging people to write to the "Justice Department" to question the election which suggests the recount wasn't something originating in the Green Party. Jill Just provided some cover.

*Doesn't Michigan use paper ballots?
    Last edited by oladub; November-26-16 at 08:39 PM.

^^^ Yep, paper ballots here in Michigan.

Those paper ballots still get fed into a machine that reads them. Again, I don't think a recount is going to change anything significantly but that seems to be where the potential for tampering lies.

She is taking advantage to raise money. It is always about the money in politics. Problem is, most money is "dark"and not traceable, which makes it impossible to "follow the money" as in the past....and if Ms Stein had not been on the ballot, Ms Clinton would have won Wisconsin and Michigan. There would be no need for recounts.
    Last edited by Bobl; November-27-16 at 06:59 PM.

^^^ So, she owes the Clinton's this favor to put her name to the investigation, and apparently well paid [[Hillary can't be seen doing it directly). Excellent buffer Stein is.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-28-16 at 02:51 PM.

It's not easy being Green...

Did I hear this right?: That Trump spent hours tweeting his objection to the recount? Why that much concern? Wouldn't it be sufficient to simply object and dismiss it?

The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks.

What does he know that we don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Did I hear this right?: That Trump spent hours tweeting his objection to the recount? Why that much concern? Wouldn't it be sufficient to simply object and dismiss it?

And he says that there were millions of illegal votes; it's like he's asking for a recount
    Name:  trump tweets.JPG
Views: 727
Size:  39.8 KB
    Last edited by jcole; November-28-16 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post

And he says that there were millions of illegal votes; it's like he's asking for a recount
    Name:  trump tweets.JPG
Views: 727
Size:  39.8 KB

He needs glasses or a bigger phone. It took him 4 hours to tweet the first message??? What he should have done is follow Mrs. Clinton's lead and got some of his REP money friends to fund someone else, [[a different Party perhaps?) to tweet for him.

He is a spoiled egomaniac, and his tweets should be ignored. The press magnifies his power and influence whenever they write about the tweets. At least some sources are pointing out the inacuracies and bullshit, though. Too late. It will be a dangerous four years ahead.
    Last edited by Bobl; November-28-16 at 09:38 PM.

Okay it's no suprise, George Soros is funding legal team involved in re-count efforts.
    What is funny is the same law firm is trying to suppress a recount effort for the governorship in NC. The margin of victory was under 5000 votes in that race with reported incidences of actual voter fraud.

Gotta love the hypocrisy.

I wonder if the situation was reversed and Hillary won, would the Dems say the system works just as it should and no recount is necessary ?

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    I wonder if the situation was reversed and Hillary won, would the Dems say the system works just as it should and no recount is necessary ?
    What would be different is the far more numerous and much wealthier [[than Soros) conservative special interests would be having a field day supporting and tilting the recounts.
    Last edited by Bobl; November-29-16 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    What would be different is the far more numerous and much wealthier [[than Soros) conservative special interests would be having a field day supporting and tilting the recounts.
    Either way we lose..

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    Either way we lose..
    We talk as if either side is that much different. Trump won on nationalistic promises but if you look at the RNC placing their people in the Trump cabinet you would realize that the Dem light party won. Money will still funnel through the same power structure with possibly some new recipients on the end of the winning government contract.
    The Koch brothers have made money along with many religious "non-profits" settling "refugees" into this country. My hope is that practice will be examined and reduced as I don't see it going away. Instead of the "green" businesses getting all the money hopefully some local contracters might win out on infrastructure projects that benefit the general populace. One thing for sure is the consultants need to be whittled down. There is millions of dollars wasted on studies and planning with out one dime being spent on the making of the project itself. All the feasibility studies I've seen for transit in this region doesn't benefit one person in this region unless they work for one of these companies.
    Our company hired a nationally know consultant company for a project and all that person did was assemble a timetable of the project and a budget. The department head should of been able to do the budget aspect of that job and the workers could have done the timetable portion. Later during a lean process the same consulting firm came in with suggestions on how to trim the budget. You can bet that it involved less workers and more planners studying how to "Re-think" the job. A year in many departments are re-hiring the workers because the jobs aren't getting done. Consultant made their money though.

I sent money for the recount: "Trust but Verify."

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    I sent money for the recount: "Trust but Verify."
    Well I hope you sent a BIG CHECK because the estimate is the count will cost the state 5 million dollars. The GREEN party is only putting up $975,000.
    States on the hook for the rest.

I was going to say; unbelievable, but I would rather say; believable in the wake of Trump's cabinet nominations. A bunch of bigots and Billionaires. Hedge fund managers and the like. No better than past administrations. Don't get me wrong, I like Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I was going to say; unbelievable, but I would rather say; believable in the wake of Trump's cabinet nominations. A bunch of bigots and Billionaires. Hedge fund managers and the like. No better than past administrations. Don't get me wrong, I like Donald Trump.
    Maybe you should move to Canada, oh wait....

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Maybe you should move to Canada, oh wait....
    Lol x a tenner.

That is the only reason I didn't get to vote for Bernie.

I watched a French documentary on the influence and power of Goldman Sachs on Netflix a couple nights ago. There are ex-bankers at the helm of ministries and departments of every major country of Europe and the US and Canada. The bank that is too big to fail moves its pawns in high places and directs the economic agendas of the major Western countries and protects the institution's interests and immunity by the same token.
    Goldman Sachs: The Bank that Runs the World. Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Meet the new boss....same as the old boss.....

Trump has filed objections to Jill Stein's vote recount.

Arguments:

1. As the fourth-place finisher, Dr. Jill Stein is not "aggrieved" by any alleged fraud or mistake, and is therefore not entitled to a recount.
    2. A recount cannot be completed in time for Michigan to have its Elector College votes counted.
    3. The petition must also be rejected because it is not properly signed and sworn to by the candidate.
      http://www.michigan.gov/documents/so...n_544089_7.pdf

The Republican Party is accepting donations for the recount. It is not clear to
    me at this time exactly where their money being collected will go. Jill Stein did
    give the requested fee to the state.

http://www.migop.org/recount

It will be good to learn that they are matching the fee required of Stein
    and giving an equal amount to the state for the recount. We hardly need
    a one-party system in the state. It would also be nice if the Republican
    money is all small donations from democracy lovers.
    Do you think that 720 ballots could be counted correctly by one hand-counting
    clerk within one hour? Could you do that correctly in that amount of time? One
    hour is 3600 seconds - this is allowing 5 nominal seconds per ballot to determine
    correctly whether the voter chose Trump, Clinton, Johnson, Stein, [nobody], etc?
    The temporary clerks will be paid twenty dollars per hour? 5,000,000 [[est)
    ballots cast divided by 720 ballots per hour [[est) = 6944 clerk-hours [[est).
    At 20 per hour, = ESTIMATED LABOR TAB should be $139,000. Estimated
    clerks needed for one ten hour day of counting = 700. Have I made mistakes
    here? Someone with a firmer grasp of vote counting procedures - I am not
    an expert - can tell me where other expenditures are needed for this recount
    process.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast