Hudson Site Proposal Interior
740 FOOT TOWER PROPSED FOR HUDSON SITE »


10 FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 38 of 38
  1. #26

    Default

    I hope they have their guy this time (for both of these shootings). DPD officers have enough to worry about, the last thing they needed was some maniac targeting officers for little to no reason.

  2. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    I hope they have their guy this time (for both of these shootings). DPD officers have enough to worry about, the last thing they needed was some maniac targeting officers for little to no reason.
    You see little to no reason.

    I see the stereotyping and prejudice by BLM as creating a culture of hate against police that inspires action.

    I believe that one can advocate without hate. Its better too.

  3. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    You see little to no reason.

    I see the stereotyping and prejudice by BLM as creating a culture of hate against police that inspires action.

    I believe that one can advocate without hate. Its better too.
    In other words, you see what you want to see.

  4. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    In other words, you see what you want to see.
    That's the problem often, isn't it.

    Not so such its what I want to see, but its what I believe. And that sometimes does lead us to see 'what we want to see'.

    If I were black, would I feel differently about the police? Probably so.

    So am I prejudiced, or is my privilege showing? Maybe.

    What I feel may not be the same as what others feel. What's just? What's right? Better policing and more respect for everyone. Yes. And less hate for police, and more respect for their work to keep our communities safe. Yes.

    Both.

    I believe I see the problems with policing.

    I'm not sure you see the problems with de-policing.

    What do you think?

  5. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I'm not sure you see the problems with de-policing.

    What do you think?
    BLM doesn't support "de-policing". They support black people not getting executed by the police.

    Incredible that BLM is considered "controversial", but shows how far the U.S. has fallen.

  6. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    That's the problem often, isn't it.

    Not so such its what I want to see, but its what I believe. And that sometimes does lead us to see 'what we want to see'.

    If I were black, would I feel differently about the police? Probably so.

    So am I prejudiced, or is my privilege showing? Maybe.

    What I feel may not be the same as what others feel. What's just? What's right? Better policing and more respect for everyone. Yes. And less hate for police, and more respect for their work to keep our communities safe. Yes.

    Both.

    I believe I see the problems with policing.

    I'm not sure you see the problems with de-policing.

    What do you think?
    I'm likely more "radical" in terms of police than BLM, so we're coming from different places.

    That said, Bham1982 is correct. BLM only stands for black people not getting executed by police. That shouldn't be very controversial at all.

  7. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    That said, Bham1982 is correct. BLM only stands for black people not getting executed by police. That shouldn't be very controversial at all.
    It's controversial because they hold that stance even when the alternative was the officer losing his/her own life or facing serious injury (And for the violence that tends to erupt at many of their protests).


    Either way, it's interesting how quickly the mainstream media seems to have abandoned the BLM movement since the election. I guess they've been too busy covering and attacking anything and everything related to President Trump.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; Yesterday at 10:55 AM.

  8. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    It's controversial because they hold that stance even when the alternative was the officer losing his/her own life or facing serious injury (And for the violence that tends to erupt at many of their protests).
    No, you made all this up. BLM has no such stance, and there is no such resulting violence.

    And no raving anti-BLM voter cares about reducing violence. They voted for Trump, they're gaga for the NRA and bombing brown people; they love violence and destruction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Either way, it's interesting how quickly the mainstream media seems to have abandoned the BLM movement since the election. I guess they've been too busy covering and attacking anything and everything related to President Trump.
    Yeah, it's just insane that the media is focusing on the most powerful leader on earth, his almost daily unprecedented and illegal actions, and the subsequent destruction of the most powerful nation in the history of humanity, rather than a minor civil rights organization. Priorities, people!
    Last edited by Bham1982; Yesterday at 11:06 AM.

  9. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    It's controversial because they hold that stance even when the alternative was the officer losing his/her own life or facing serious injury (And for the violence that tends to erupt at many of their protests).
    Yeah, this is nowhere near accurate, though I think it should be.

  10. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    No, you made all this up. BLM has no such stance, and there is no such resulting violence.
    Really? The group was basically born out of the events in Ferguson. So you're saying that never happened? Officer Wilson never struggled for control of his weapon against a 6' 4" 200+lb Michael Brown? Businesses weren't looted and burned by "protesters" afterwards?



    Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    And no raving anti-BLM voter cares about reducing violence. They voted for Trump, they're gaga for the NRA and bombing brown people; they love violence and destruction.



    Yeah, it's just insane that the media is focusing on the most powerful leader on earth, his almost daily unprecedented and illegal actions, and the subsequent destruction of the most powerful nation in the history of humanity, rather than a minor civil rights organization. Priorities, people!
    As always you're 100% right and everyone that disagrees is racist.

  11. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Really?
    Yes, really.

    You made two ridiculous claims. You claimed that BLM wants dead cops, and you claimed that BLM supports violence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    The group was basically born out of the events in Ferguson. So you're saying that never happened?
    I have no idea what this means. The fact that an officer in Ferguson killed a black man has nothing to do with your absurd claims re. BLM. They have never advocating killing cops or really any sort of violence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    As always you're 100% right and everyone that disagrees is racist.
    No, I'm frequently wrong, but yes, you are most certainly racist. Either that or absurdly ignorant/brainwashed.

    You're basically claiming that an organization dedicated to saving black lives is somehow a bizzaroworld KKK, probably to justify your racist worldview, blindly following your orange Fuhrer.

  12. #37

    Default

    That's not what I said, and I'm not going to continue this discussion here.

  13. #38

    Default

    My heart goes out to the officer and his family. What a shameful and senseless crime.

    People way too often conflate "broken windows" policing with "stop and frisk". They are not the same. You can enforce delinquency laws without arbitrarily shaking down black and brown skinned young men over and over again for no reason, except for the fact that they are black and brown skinned young men. Broken windows policing has some merit. The latter absolutely does not.

    The idea that BLM advocates violence is a ridiculous trope, like so many others proliferating these days. What a shame some people fall for it. Even more a shame: those who proliferate it. There is shame in spades these days.
    Last edited by bust; Today at 01:19 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Instagram
BEST ONLINE FORUM FOR
DETROIT-BASED DISCUSSION
DetroitYES Awarded BEST OF DETROIT 2015 - Detroit MetroTimes - Best Online Forum for Detroit-based Discussion 2015

ENJOY DETROITYES?


AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »





Welcome to DetroitYES! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
DetroitYES! is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to DetroitYES! [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.