Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I hope they have their guy this time [[for both of these shootings). DPD officers have enough to worry about, the last thing they needed was some maniac targeting officers for little to no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    I hope they have their guy this time [[for both of these shootings). DPD officers have enough to worry about, the last thing they needed was some maniac targeting officers for little to no reason.
    You see little to no reason.

I see the stereotyping and prejudice by BLM as creating a culture of hate against police that inspires action.

I believe that one can advocate without hate. Its better too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    You see little to no reason.

I see the stereotyping and prejudice by BLM as creating a culture of hate against police that inspires action.

I believe that one can advocate without hate. Its better too.
    In other words, you see what you want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    In other words, you see what you want to see.
    That's the problem often, isn't it.

Not so such its what I want to see, but its what I believe. And that sometimes does lead us to see 'what we want to see'.

If I were black, would I feel differently about the police? Probably so.

So am I prejudiced, or is my privilege showing? Maybe.

What I feel may not be the same as what others feel. What's just? What's right? Better policing and more respect for everyone. Yes. And less hate for police, and more respect for their work to keep our communities safe. Yes.

Both.

I believe I see the problems with policing.

I'm not sure you see the problems with de-policing.

What do you think?

What do you think?
    BLM doesn't support "de-policing". They support black people not getting executed by the police.

Incredible that BLM is considered "controversial", but shows how far the U.S. has fallen.

That's the problem often, isn't it.

Not so such its what I want to see, but its what I believe. And that sometimes does lead us to see 'what we want to see'.

If I were black, would I feel differently about the police? Probably so.

So am I prejudiced, or is my privilege showing? Maybe.

What I feel may not be the same as what others feel. What's just? What's right? Better policing and more respect for everyone. Yes. And less hate for police, and more respect for their work to keep our communities safe. Yes.

Both.

I believe I see the problems with policing.

What do you think?
    I'm likely more "radical" in terms of police than BLM, so we're coming from different places.

That said, Bham1982 is correct. BLM only stands for black people not getting executed by police. That shouldn't be very controversial at all.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    That said, Bham1982 is correct. BLM only stands for black people not getting executed by police. That shouldn't be very controversial at all.
    It's controversial because they hold that stance even when the alternative was the officer losing his/her own life or facing serious injury [[And for the violence that tends to erupt at many of their protests).

Either way, it's interesting how quickly the mainstream media seems to have abandoned the BLM movement since the election. I guess they've been too busy covering and attacking anything and everything related to President Trump.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; March-22-17 at 10:55 AM.

It's controversial because they hold that stance even when the alternative was the officer losing his/her own life or facing serious injury [[And for the violence that tends to erupt at many of their protests).
    No, you made all this up. BLM has no such stance, and there is no such resulting violence.

And no raving anti-BLM voter cares about reducing violence. They voted for Trump, they're gaga for the NRA and bombing brown people; they love violence and destruction.

Either way, it's interesting how quickly the mainstream media seems to have abandoned the BLM movement since the election. I guess they've been too busy covering and attacking anything and everything related to President Trump.
    Yeah, it's just insane that the media is focusing on the most powerful leader on earth, his almost daily unprecedented and illegal actions, and the subsequent destruction of the most powerful nation in the history of humanity, rather than a minor civil rights organization. Priorities, people!
    Last edited by Bham1982; March-22-17 at 11:06 AM.

Yeah, this is nowhere near accurate, though I think it should be.