Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    ..., and those who enabled Trump will get their just desserts....
    Can I get lemon meringue pie for my dessert? It's my favorite.
    I have no idea what this means ... so you're gonna have to clue me in.
    It was basically a lame joke not worth any more of our time.

Just deserts vs. just desserts

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ I suggest you don one of the those 'not my president' button [[or maybe a tattoo stating such) to insure you're not one of the folks 'going down'!

The problem of sorting and sifting the who's who may emerge otherwise.
    Well thank you, I'll have to DEFINITELY pass on that tattoo. About 20 years ago I was going to get one with a Harley-Davidson motif. My wife talked me out of that - thank god.

Yes, I do think that history will punish Trump supporters harshly. This is not something that's going away. People who support a white supremacist for President will get their just desserts.
    Could you elaborate on what you feel is a "Trump supporter" Would that be his constituency as a whole? Everyone who voted R for president instead of D? How are you going to separate those to punish? We're talking hundreds of millions of voters -there's going to be lots of punishment to hand out - it's going to be a big job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    It was basically a lame joke not worth any more of our time.
    I disagree. I didn't think it was lame, I LMAO. That is until I found out meringue is white supremist racist code.

Donald Drumpf will make a miracle grate again.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    First of all, you are 100% incorrect in your claim that Trump can't do anything more to fight illegal immigration. Obama has not only refused to enforce current immigration laws, he has actually fought against their enforcement by executive action [[Through unconstitutional steps of DACA and DAPA and by suing state and local law enforcement agencies.)

The link below was just posted on Huffingtonpost this morning.

One of the foremost experts in the area of immigration is Professor George Borjas of Harvard University. Borjas research paper titled “Immigration and African-American Employment Opportunities” stated:
    The 1980-2000 immigrant influx, therefore, generally “explains” about 20 to 60 percent of the decline in wages, 25 percent of the decline in employment, and about 10 percent of the rise in incarceration rates among blacks with a high school education or less.

Carol Swain professor of law at Vanderbilt University and author of Debating Immigration stated:
    I don’t believe there are any jobs that Americans won’t take, and that includes agricultural jobs, ... [[Illegal Immigration) hurts low-skilled, low-wage workers of all races, but blacks are harmed the most because they’re disproportionately low-skilled... Many of the black scholars dance around this hard issue, ... They do their research in such a way that it doesn’t address how immigration affects blacks. There’s a lot of pressure to say the politically correct thing—that immigrants aren’t hurting African Americans. Well, that’s not true.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b08c963e34433c
    Both side here are right. Immigration is generally a good thing economically. But uncontrolled immigration where you get a disproportionate number of unskilled labor will most certainly depress wages in the short term at least.

Trump, with all his warts, might capable of finding the middle ground here. Stop the uncontrolled immigration, but encourage the USA as the 'shining light' on the horizon for those who are willing to participate in freedom and industry here.

The Republican's are too wed to the idea that immigration is bad, and the Democrats are too wed to the idea that any immigration standards are racist. The truth lies in the middle. And Trump isn't tightly bound to either. That might be good. [[Let's hope.)

I agree here, withstanding that candidates that were/ are put before us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    The Republican's are too wed to the idea that immigration is bad, and the Democrats are too wed to the idea that any immigration standards are racist. The truth lies in the middle.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-26-16 at 01:35 AM.

1.2 to 1.4 million people fled Detroit decades before Trump got elected and people on this site are complaining about a Trump presidency...... Reminds me of Richard Guindons freep cartoon in 1987 of Chryslers buyout of AMC and the AMC designers are bummed about their loss of a "great" design team......
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Colombian Dan; November-25-16 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Colombian Dan View Post
    1.2 to 1.4 million people fled Detroit decades before Trump got elected and people on this site are complaining about a Trump presidency...... Reminds me of Richard Guindons freep cartoon in 1987 of Chryslers buyout of AMC and the AMC designers are bummed about their loss of a "great" design team......
    I think I read that there were 40,000 less votes in the city then there was in 2012. If 50% of those who didn't vote this time actually voted, Trump would have lost Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I think I read that there were 40,000 less votes in the city then there was in 2012. If 50% of those who didn't vote this time actually voted, Trump would have lost Michigan.

would have ,could have, should have.... If only Obama had those shovel ready jobs.....If only those pesky 94,500,000 million non working Americans went away.....
    If only Michael Moore kept his big mouth shut.....

Well.. Hillary had her chance and blew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colombian Dan View Post

would have ,could have, should have.... If only Obama had those shovel ready jobs.....If only those pesky 94,500,000 million non working Americans went away.....
    If only Michael Moore kept his big mouth shut.....

Well.. Hillary had her chance and blew it.
    I understand that my favorite politician, Bill Clinton, was pushing her and her team to address the working class concerns more -- but that they resisted and suggested he stick to chatting with Attorneys General. Good advice was in the next bedroom, and she probably would have won.

The Wall Street Journal this morning reports this morning that Bob Woodson isPresident elect Trump's chief advisor on rebuilding inner cities. He is a known quantity and is not
    overly ideological, I think. He has been active in urban redevelopment for year and now heads the Center for Neighborhood Enterprise. He won a McArthur prize. I infer that he strongly believes that some troubled neighborhoods can be rebuilt, especially if there are local business enterprises. This appears to fit with many of the current efforts of the Duggan administration. Woodson has written several books about reviving challenged neighborhoods by promoting small business.
    Some of us remember that President Nixon sought to minimize urban poverty and strengthen neighborhoods by promoting Black Capitalism. I have never seen a study of how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by renf View Post
    The Wall Street Journal this morning reports this morning that Bob Woodson isPresident elect Trump's chief advisor on rebuilding inner cities. He is a known quantity and is not
    overly ideological, I think. He has been active in urban redevelopment for year and now heads the Center for Neighborhood Enterprise. He won a McArthur prize. I infer that he strongly believes that some troubled neighborhoods can be rebuilt, especially if there are local business enterprises. This appears to fit with many of the current efforts of the Duggan administration. Woodson has written several books about reviving challenged neighborhoods by promoting small business.
    Some of us remember that President Nixon sought to minimize urban poverty and strengthen neighborhoods by promoting Black Capitalism. I have never seen a study of how that turned out.
    Black Capitalism promoted by Republicans in the past. Urban issues addressed nearly first in Presidential Acceptance Speech. There's reason for hope. I'd like to read more about Mr. Woodson, if anyone has more.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...81593325577488

This is a laudatory profile of Bob Woodson from the Wall Street Journal about two years ago. Gee, Mr. Woodson is an old as I am. There seems to be no age discerimination when it comes to the people the President Elect selects. I think Ross and Ricketts are both approaching the end of eight decades

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9