Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Not my fault you don't understand basic economics. If you can't find a single economist who supports your theory, and you can't, your theory is garbage.

You also don't seem to understanding the meaning of the word "rhetoric". Economist PhDs don't engage in "baseless and empty rhetoric". Facts matter, even post-Trump disaster.
    PhDs don't engage in "baseless and empty rhetoric" instead, they just "blather".

Can I come? I actually have relatives over there, and even own part of a summer cottage. Plus I have Canadian ancestry, on both sides of my family. Please? Pleeaase?

All I can see over here is orange, lots and lots of ugly orange.

Not my fault you don't understand basic economics. If you can't find a single economist who supports your theory, and you can't, your theory is garbage.

You also don't seem to understanding the meaning of the word "rhetoric". Economist PhDs don't engage in "baseless and empty rhetoric". Facts matter, even post-Trump disaster.
    Facts do matter. But feelings Trump them, it seems.

Funny that the left who worry about everyone's feelings was Trumped by Trump who let the middle-class vote on how they felt.

Sometimes its smart to pay attention to everyone's feelings, while fact are left out of the discussion.

Neither Trump nor HRC's support was fact-based. It was all feelings.

You didn't respond with any facts. Aww, did you get your butt hurt again?

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    Trump said that Obamacare was created by executive order. He said he will repeal that executive order within his first week of office. Executive orders don't need congressional approval. Do you not get how the American political system works?
    Obamacare was not created through an executive order. It was created as a law through the legislative process and passed by both houses of Congress. He can get rid of it if he wants, but it will take an act of Congress to repeal it. However, he's already walking back his promise to get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Obamacare was not created through an executive order. It was created as a law through the legislative process and passed by both houses of Congress. He can get rid of it if he wants, but it will take an act of Congress to repeal it. However, he's already walking back his promise to get rid of it.
    Correct. Obamacare [[ACA) was passed just like Social Security, Medicare, etc.

The discussion above wasn't about 'changing' Obamacare, but delaying implementation or enforcement on a provision. That isn't unusual in legislation which has a 'start up time' before all provisions of the legislation takes effect.

As of today, pls. correct me if I'm wrong, Obamacare is like Social Security, Medicare, etc.

It is established law and unlike most laws, Congress does not have to pass appropriation acts to pay for the benefits. The benefits are automatically paid for because they are authorized [[required) by statue.

The only thing Congress does is appropriate money to pay for running the various programs, e.g., Social Security, Medicare, ACA, etc. but not the expenditure of funds to pay the benefits. This is what drives some crazy. There is no way to 'contain' the cost of the programs. E.g., Social Security costs increase automatically as more and more beneficiaries join the program. Benefits are 'indexed' to inflation and increase automatically.
    Last edited by emu steve; November-13-16 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    Correct. Obamacare [[ACA) was passed just like Social Security, Medicare, etc. ...snip...
    Well, only sorta... Obamacare was passed by Congress just like SS & MC, but SS & MC were bi-partisan. Obamacare was a very controversial move that was essentially shoved down the throats of Republicans. Nobody likes that.

It will take an Act of Congress to repeal. Trump has already said he likes parts of Obamacare. So it probably won't be a repeal.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; November-18-16 at 01:12 PM. Reason: typos

Canada just bombed ISIS.

When Canada starts bombing you, you need to take a long, hard look at yourself and think, Am I being a Dick ?

Last edited by Bigb23; November-18-16 at 07:21 AM.

How to move to Canada:

WARNING: This video is satire. If you can't handle satire, do not watch it.

I just now heard about this on the radio.

Maple Match: service helps Trump-fleeing Americans find love in Canada
    ... makes it easy for Americans to find the ideal Canadian partner to save them from the unfathomable horror of a Trump presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    How to move to Canada:

WARNING: This video is satire. If you can't handle satire, do not watch it.

It was pretty funny, but I was waiting for him to play the guitar and sing his explanation the whole time... and of course at the end he strums it once!

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Well, only sorta... Obamacare was passed by Congress just like SS & MC, but SS & MC were bi-partisan. Obamacare was a very controversial move that was essentially shoved down the throats of Republicans. Nobody likes that.
    None of this is true.

Both Medicare and Social Security were highly partisan bills that were passed by Congress over virulent Republican opposition, which was unusual for back then.

The Republican Congress has been the party of "No" during the entire Obama Presidency, regardless of issue. This is in contrast to the pre-tea party, pre-alt-right radicalized Republican party, that tended towards bipartisan compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    You didn't respond with any facts. Aww, did you get your butt hurt again?
    This is a classic Trump voter response. Couldn't be more perfect in its utter idiocy.

Apparently "davewindsor" is much smarter than the leading economists on earth, including multiple Nobel Prize winners. Only "davewindsor" knows Economics, the world's leading economists, regardless of politics, are all fraudsters...

This is a classic Trump voter response.
    Hey davewindsor, Trump ran in your country too, eh?

This is a classic Trump voter response. Couldn't be more perfect in its utter idiocy.

Apparently "davewindsor" is much smarter than the leading economists on earth, including multiple Nobel Prize winners. Only "davewindsor" knows Economics, the world's leading economists, regardless of politics, are all fraudsters...
    So then, I guess your answer would be the classic Commie response in its utter idiocy. No substance, just Bham and his Marxist internet propaganda.

Лев Давидович Троцкий Ya, I know he's your hero.
    Last edited by davewindsor; November-23-16 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Hey davewindsor, Trump ran in your country too, eh?
    We still might have someone like that. Good ol' Kevin O'Leary from the Shark Tank might jump back into the Tory leadership race at the last minute.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2732160/pla...ter-of-canada/
    "The Tory leadership election won’t occur until May 27, 2017, so it remains to be seen if conservatives in Canada will decide if the millionaire businessman and brash TV personality is actually Mr. Wonderful in the political sense. ...

Kevin O’Leary is an entertaining personality and shameless self-promoter. He has been called the Canadian Donald Trump and follows in the footsteps of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sonny Bono, Ronald Reagan and other celebrities who have capitalized on name recognition to enter politics. Should he actually enter the Conservative leadership race there would be support ..."
    Last edited by davewindsor; November-23-16 at 10:02 PM.

Fuck moving to Canada. Move to a swing state!
    Wait, what? Michigan's a swing state now? Oh, well just stay here.

Canada doesn't take in any disgruntled anyone to begin with. We all expect to get extra cheerful folk from the outset. I'm surprised we didn't get to pick the Von Trapp family or Charlie Chaplin or Charo to begin with. Oh well. Anybody know what happened to Charo?

Here's the irony. The only ones who "threaten" to leave are the ones the Trump supporters want to get rid of. I'm sure they would pass on their gratification on your effort to make America Great Again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2