Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: I 75

Hybrid View

Bham1982: I'll say it again, since you may have missed it in my post.

The rebuilt exit 75 DOES NOT eliminate the only bad design feature, which requires a two lane crossover [[from N-bound 75) to get to Opdyke Rd. And, it will still require exiting S-bound 75 traffic to cross over in front of exiting N-bound drivers trying to access Opdyke. [[But, in 42 years and thousands of times through that exit I have never seen an accident there.)

Your post make me think you rarely if ever use that exit.

When you do use I-75 it appears you don't have to travel through the construction area. You probably never had to use the Adams Road exit since it's closed, or Squirrel Road, also closed since the bridge over 75 has been demolished.

If you do use it, you must have a very high tolerance for the ineptitude of our leaders who have promoted such a travesty, and much time to kill stuck in traffic needlessly. And, if you think traffic will be better if the project is ever finished, be prepared to be disappointed, and conned.

Quote Originally Posted by 3WC View Post

If you do use it, you must have a very high tolerance for the ineptitude of our leaders who have promoted such a travesty, and much time to kill stuck in traffic needlessly. And, if you think traffic will be better if the project is ever finished, be prepared to be disappointed, and conned.
    I have yet to see a road expansion project that made travel inherently worse or less safe, so I'll take my chances with I-75, and save my outrage for Trump and his idiotic supporters. I trust traffic engineers [[really engineers in general) for the most part.

The MDOT website directly contradicts your claims about I-75, around Square Lake, BTW. Looks like they're making major improvements to those exit ramps.

http://www.michigan.gov/mdot/0,4616,...2039--,00.html