Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    3 states voted for paid sick leave

multiple states voted in favour of medical marijuana.

3 states voted for recreational marijuana

2 states voted for tighter gun control
    Under the 10th amendment of the US Constitution, states have the right and power to legislate matters neither delegated to the federal government nor forbidden of states. In this matter, government is working just as it should. When Vermont tried to institute its own 'affordable' single payer system like those of any Canadian province, the Obamacare thugs in Washington,DC made that impossible insisting instead that any Vermont plan keep the lawyers, bureaucrats and insurance companies rolling in money. I hope that Vermont will try to opt out of Obamacare and replace it with its own single payer plan again with Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Under the 10th amendment of the US Constitution, states have the right and power to legislate matters neither delegated to the federal government nor forbidden of states. In this matter, government is working just as it should. When Vermont tried to institute its own 'affordable' single payer system like those of any Canadian province, the Obamacare thugs in Washington,DC made that impossible insisting instead that any Vermont plan keep the lawyers, bureaucrats and insurance companies rolling in money. I hope that Vermont will try to opt out of Obamacare and replace it with its own single payer plan again with Trump.
    I thought that Vermont opted out of single payer before Obamacare was passed when they saw what it would cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    I thought that Vermont opted out of single payer before Obamacare was passed when they saw what it would cost.
    I don't know if Vermont tried twice but Vermont was only allowed to have a single payer plan without including the [[un)ACA at its core. The [[un)ACA kept the lawyers, insurance companies, and resulting bureaucrats in the system making it impossible to include cost savings found in Canadian provincial plans. The Democratic Governor of Vermont eventually gave up.

It should also be added that the day of the election I took my mom to vote and run errands. We ended up at Meijer's and saw an African American woman fuming and barreling down the aisle-way grumbling loudly about "racist white *sssholes sabotaging this election.-[[something something)-I can't even vote." She was pissed off about something that happened that day. This was at 4:45p.

I see very little brought up about the issue of a hacked election with faulty machines-and suspiciously so. Of all things, Fox news put this article http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/elec...16159836-story about bad machines [[brother saw a jam up in a machine that held up things that morning when he vote-his wait was over an hour, he said), and the NAACP phoneline out of service or jammed up with complaints.

Something is seriously wrong.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11