Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

His visit and all future ones by both Trump and Hillary will bring with them green dollars from journalists, security firms, fan bases spending money in Detroit - so here's to hoping we get 30 more Detroit visits by Trump and/or Hillary before November.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Let's see.... Bill Clinton signs NAFTA and puts millions of American workers out of jobs. Bill Clinton admittedly signed laws that caused the needless incarceration of hundreds of thousands of African Americans. Shillary Clinton hires former Monsanto lobbyist as her campaign manager. [[no ties there) Shillary Clinton sabotages Bernie Sanders successfully popular run @ the White House, and nominates herself candidate, rendering "freedom of choice" meaningless. Shillary Clinton effectively is traveling the Country, flip-flopping on issues as needed, and actually buying peoples votes. But the Kool-Aid Kids are right, Trump is the threat. Carry on.
    Pls explain this one:

"Shillary Clinton sabotages Bernie Sanders successfully popular run @ the White House, and nominates herself candidate,"

Hillary beat Bernie in the Democratic race for President.

I don't see the issue... One won and one lost.

That's the way it is supposed to work [[not sure about 1 winner and 16 losers on the GOP side).

Boys and girls: Hillary is a mainstream Democrat. Democrats have been around for a long time.

What's new? What's the issue? Would folk feel better if Joe Biden had enter the contest?

Would Republicans flock to Joe because he isn't Trump and he isn't Clinton OR a Democrat is a Democrat and most Republicans would never vote for one. Period.
    Last edited by emu steve; August-30-16 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    Pls explain this one:

"Shillary Clinton sabotages Bernie Sanders successfully popular run @ the White House, and nominates herself candidate,"

That's the way it is supposed to work [[not sure about 1 winner and 16 losers on the GOP side).

Boys and girls: Hillary is a mainstream Democrat. Democrats have been around for a long time.

What's new? What's the issue? Would folk feel better if Joe Biden had enter the contest?

Would Republicans flock to Joe because he isn't Trump and he isn't Clinton OR a Democrat is a Democrat and most Republicans would never vote for one. Period.
    Of course you don't, that's why you continue to post the stuff you do.

"Go team!"

I don't like Hillary, but any time someone uses "Shillary", "Crooked Hillary" or "Killary" when trying to make a political argument i pretty much stop listening. People who love cute nicknames tend not to be the most objective people to debate with. It is right up there with people who love to argue via meme...

Trump draws the larger crowds by far... cha ching.

Pls explain this one:

Some Bernie supporters allege that the DNC helped Clinton win. If that is true, then "one winning and one losing" is drastically too simple to describe what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post

On top of that,.. she has all but stopped doing campaign speeches. in the last 2-3 weeks she has like 3 scheduled,... whereas she used to be able to do 1 a day. Now days she can hardly stand up,.. and must use stools to lean on.

Trump does an average of 4 in 3 days.

And whereas Trump is willing and able to talk to the media,.. [[and has done like 75 interviews in the last few months),.. Hillary doesn't dare do any.

Fortunately,.. she has the Clinton News Network to do her bidding. They essentially sponsor her,... with CNN's parent company Time Warner having donated more than $722 million to her campaign so far.

Not even a pretense of fair and balanced there.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Some Bernie supporters allege that the DNC helped Clinton win. If that is true, then "one winning and one losing" is drastically too simple to describe what happened.
    I believe they proved that,... and the DNC chair had to step down. Of course Hillary hired her immediately. Now she works along-side Hillary's cheif of staff Huma Mahmood Abedin, who is a Muslim woman that worked with her mother at a radical Muslim newspaper that want's to bring Sharia law to the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    On top of that,.. she has all but stopped doing campaign speeches. in the last 2-3 weeks she has like 3 scheduled,... whereas she used to be able to do 1 a day. Now days she can hardly stand up,.. and must use stools to lean on.

Trump does an average of 4 in 3 days.

And whereas Trump is willing and able to talk to the media,.. [[and has done like 75 interviews in the last few months),.. Hillary doesn't dare do any.

Fortunately,.. she has the Clinton News Network to do her bidding. They essentially sponsor her,... with CNN's parent company Time Warner having donated more than $722 million to her campaign so far.

and the halls where she gives her short speeches are small and look to have less than a thousand people. The publicity shots are tight whereas Trumps handlers love the cheap seats pans and photos.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    I don't like Hillary, but any time someone uses "Shillary", "Crooked Hillary" or "Killary" when trying to make a political argument i pretty much stop listening. People who love cute nicknames tend not to be the most objective people to debate with. It is right up there with people who love to argue via meme...
    Shoot.. If I see the name Honky Tonk at all on this board I skip over the comment entirely. He never offers meaningful discussion to any conversation. He's nothing more than DYes's house troll.

Quote Originally Posted by subsidized View Post
    Shoot.. If I see the name Honky Tonk at all on this board I skip over the comment entirely. He never offers meaningful discussion to any conversation. He's nothing more than DYes's house troll.
    I know it's hard to grasp concepts and read big words, so I'll start posting pictures for you.

Name:  Hillary.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  7.5 KB

Taking a bricks & mortar tour of anything to explain the socioeconomic policies, etc. that lead to current conditions would be like taking a tour of Europe at the end of WW2 and saying point to the buildings that explain why it happened.

Now she works along-side Hillary's cheif of staff Huma Mahmood Abedin, who is a Muslim woman that worked with her mother at a radical Muslim newspaper that want's to bring Sharia law to the USA.
    That's a lie being circulated by the Trump campaign.

Here are the facts:

Does Huma Abedin have ‘ties’ to the Muslim Brotherhood?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...m-brotherhood/

But I don't think you care about facts. Does it feel better to repeat the lies the lairs lie to you? The most shrewd strategy of the Trump campaign is that they realize for a great many of his supporters that's the case.

BTW, nice dog whistle using Huma Abedin's middle name. Like the one when people use Barack Obama's. As if that's supposed to scare us. I pity the people it scares.

I realize there's almost certainly no point debating with you. And I'm sure others came to that conclusion before me. When people don't dignify your comments with responses don't assume it's because of the profundity of your words.
    Last edited by bust; August-30-16 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Because a crazed trainwreck is much more interesting than a sober-minded policy wonk.

I'm certainly voting for Hillary, yet would much rather watch a Trump speech, as it will be guaranteed entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    That may be true that the DNC wasn't as neutral as it should have been, but it is a total stretch to think that it affected the outcome.

This race wasn't decided in the last minute of the 4th quarter [[to use a sports analogy).

Quite frankly, it wasn't close. Bernie put up a spirited and good fight, but it wasn't close.

Someone should note that Father Coughlin drew large crowds too....

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post
    Someone should note that Father Coughlin drew large crowds too....
    Think McGovern did also.

Saw on television that a lot of reporters got completely fooled in 1972 by the McGovern crowds.

This race wasn't decided in the last minute of the 4th quarter [[to use a sports analogy).

Quite frankly, it wasn't close. Bernie put up a spirited and good fight, but it wasn't close.
    And neither was the DNC smear campaign decided in the 4th quarter. It was decided when it became evident Shillary's rhetoric was a rehash of Obama's 2008 election campaign. It sure wasn't close, she was out on her ass. Bernie had a tangible game plan for every change he proposed. Shillary? "We're going to put America to work rebuilding our infrastructure, roads and bridges and sewers, oh my". I guess if you don't have anything concrete, [[hey, that's funny) cheat. You wouldn't want to let down your corporate overlords.

First of all, I think we here at DY are better than nostril shots of candidates [[the media seems to have a lot of Trump). Also, Southen is right, once the childish name calling is used, I tune it out like I accidentally let my eyes wander to the comment section on Youtube. At least I call Trump Trump.

Second, playing on insane hearsay about someone's proposed gender or making an issue about a candidate's remote connection to an unsavory character as even the very degree link has disavowed all connection them is stupid. From issues about Obama's citizenship or what he is to Bill Ayers or Rev. Wright to what is now being slung in this election shows folks are getting mindlessly worse and desperate [[let us not forget the desperate Tea Party-which seems to have dissolved or changed name-only appeared after Obama got elected by what clearly seemed a closeted racist reaction to his very presence.). Heck, make an issue about how he never dissolved Gitmo like he promised or how he toasts Gen. Lee at the Alfalfa Club, but don't buy into this garbage....and yeah, bust you are right for not tangling any further with those who embrace these insane right-wing theories.

I'm willing to give all manner of theories a think, but the ones coming from the right-wing camp are far more of an embarrassing indictment of them than they are of who they are attempting to slandering [[maybe they should go back to branding "B's on their faces and saying a supporter for the opposition did it-or say an actress from a Bruce Campbell film was a Trump supporter beaten up.).

Even most Republicans are embarrassed by the far-flung nonsense folks dream up as evidenced by one person's outcry on this threadhttp://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...t-tonite/page2. Clutching at straws by calling Hilary unhealthy or a bigot or flipping out about Weiner's wife or Mateen's father has got to stop.

With only a minute recollection of past incidents one can compile a tanker load of far more sinister and suspicious and corrupt matters connected to the Repubs [[and Trump especially)-things that far outweigh in comparison in severity. We can start by bringing out Trump's tax records and his track record with his corrupt university along with his waffling on bigotry and immigration for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    That's a lie being circulated by the Trump campaign.

Here are the facts:

Does Huma Abedin have ‘ties’ to the Muslim Brotherhood?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...m-brotherhood/

But I don't think you care about facts. Does it feel better to repeat the lies the lairs lie to you? The most shrewd strategy of the Trump campaign is that they realize for a great many of his supporters that's the case.

BTW, nice dog whistle using Huma Abedin's middle name. Like the one when people use Barack Obama's. As if that's supposed to scare us. I pity the people it scares.

I realize there's almost certainly no point debating with you. And I'm sure others came to that conclusion before me. When people don't dignify your comments with responses don't assume it's because of the profundity of your words.
    Wow,.. you're out there. Facts never stood in your way. You also like to put words in other people's mouth,.. and then criticize them for it.

I typed "Hillary chief of staff" in Google,.. and then copy and pasted the first incidence of her name. It just happened to have her middle in there. It wasn't intentional.

So you're saying that she wasn't an editor for the paper? Because I never said anything about Muslim Brotherhood. YOU did. That criticism was brought up by a number of members of Congress,.. and others like Nancy Pelosi rejected it,.. without ever disproving the claim.

But her mother is the Editor in Cheif of the Journal of Muslim Minority Affair,.. and a strong proponent of female genital mutilation.... and Huma was listed for a good while on the masthead. The Clinton campaign is now trying to get people to believe that being listed as an editor is all that happened,.. and that she never worked there. [[Basically they want you to believe that Huma, her mom and the paper were just lying,... then,.. but not now).

So this gal,... the disgraced DNC chair that resigned after it was shown that the Democratic election was rigged are who is running Hillary's campaign. And Hillary's mentor was Saul Alinsky.

But that's just the kind of person you want in the WH isn't it?

Let the body count continue.

Hard to convict her on anything though. Every time some people are set to testify against her,.. they seem to have accidents and end up dead. Just clumsy I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    And neither was the DNC smear campaign decided in the 4th quarter. It was decided when it became evident Shillary's rhetoric was a rehash of Obama's 2008 election campaign. It sure wasn't close, she was out on her ass. Bernie had a tangible game plan for every change he proposed. Shillary? "We're going to put America to work rebuilding our infrastructure, roads and bridges and sewers, oh my". I guess if you don't have anything concrete, [[hey, that's funny) cheat. You wouldn't want to let down your corporate overlords.

Another shovel ready list of projects,when they know full well that when it comes to infrastructure it takes 5 years of planning to just fill a pothole.

So it turns to pork and the minions get to run around with bent A frames and busted tie rod ends.

Rebuilding infrastructure is code speak for cutting millions of dollars worth of checks for the supporting few.

Nothing about education but heavy investment into solar.
    The Chinese own 80% of the solar production in the US so where are the taxpayer dollars going to?

I think we should change history ,each one gets 90 days in the White House,they prove they will do what they say,then we have a vote.

We all know we need to bring back education with skills training and we need to bring this country back to production instead of consuming.

We should be demanding to see the plans for that and accountability if it does not happen.

No, we should believe everything you say because you are fair and balanced, right? Nice try. So Time Warner gave Clinton nearly 3/4s of a billion dollars? According to OpenSecrets.org, that should be $724,543 and another $25,000 from their PAC. But what's the addition of another $71,450,457 have to do with it when you're being fair and balanced?

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    No, we should believe everything you say because you are fair and balanced, right? Nice try. So Time Warner gave Clinton nearly 3/4s of a billion dollars? According to OpenSecrets.org, that should be $724,543 and another $25,000 from their PAC. But what's the addition of another $71,450,457 have to do with it when you're being fair and balanced?
    I think $725k is enough to tell us that they're a major contributor. Doesn't matter. All CNN does is free speech. Only the stupid believe all they hear. That's why Trump's doing so well. People are very mistrustful of the media. Yet they watch. Who knows why. Maybe people just dislike silence.

[[Side point... as to Trump doing well. He's behind about 5% in polls. So in other words 47 out of 100 support him. To all you convinced he's going down, note that stat. 47 out of 100 [[rounded down). You may call him what you want, but he's tapped into something in the minds of the voters that they didn't hear on CNN.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I think $725k is enough to tell us that they're a major contributor. Doesn't matter. All CNN does is free speech. Only the stupid believe all they hear. That's why Trump's doing so well. People are very mistrustful of the media. Yet they watch. Who knows why. Maybe people just dislike silence.

[[Side point... as to Trump doing well. He's behind about 5% in polls. So in other words 47 out of 100 support him. To all you convinced he's going down, note that stat. 47 out of 100 [[rounded down). You may call him what you want, but he's tapped into something in the minds of the voters that they didn't hear on CNN.)

If he gets Miami he wins Fla,then it is over with.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Hillary is still ahead but considering that the corporate media is working for her to the extent they are and that she has outspent Trump 3-1, Trump is doing ok.

I live in Madison, WI where Bernie signs still outnumber Hillary signs and Trump signs are non-existent. I wonder what would happen to anyone in Madison or Detroit who planted a Trump sign on their lawn. More Republicans than Democrats are refusing to say who they are voting for. The Brexit pollsters were off.

Meanwhile, Trump is running circles around Hillary showing up in lions' dens like Mexico and Detroit and getting more frequent, larger, more enthusiastic audiences. Republican registrations are higher than Democratic registrations in Florida too. All these things fly in the face of the pollsters but they have their own reputations to protect so are probably fairly accurate about Hillary still being in the lead.

There are other variables that can't be measured. Homeland Security might be brought in to oversee the election while Julian Assange continues to reveal Hillary's emails.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast