Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Detroit had the largest population loss of any city in the U.S. per the latest Census estimates.

So the answer is no; there is no evidence of a population trend reversal. And [[putting aside the fact that Detroit has very little housing construction per Census) relative housing construction has almost nothing to do with relative population trends.
    I'm not sure what past Census estimates have to do with what's actually going on. In fact they're just estimates. SEMCOG in the 70s estimated that Metro Detroit would be growing well into the 90s but they were wrong. In fact, it should be more of an enabler to actually grow the city than to sit around and drown in self-pity.

Now population trends are indeed different because they can be so fickle. But here we have the mayor, who knows more than you or me, saying the trend is starting to curb. His he saying 1.4 million people are moving in next month? No. He's saying the trend is slowing and reversing. It's just turning a new leaf not getting the entire tree.

The two pics in the article show baby boomer lookers, which raises the question, for me at least, whether they are looking to sell their McMansions or purchase pied-a-terres? Hopefully the former...
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; August-25-16 at 07:25 AM.