Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

This election lead up gets crazier daily. Is this what you are referring too? [[link below). If this is how Trump is rolling at this point then it's blatantly clear he's throwing the election to Mrs. Clinton -- full out!

The resulting damage and fallout [[in part and aside from her winning): more type casting of ALL conservative views, more buffoonery ascribed to anyone supporting the second amendment, topped off with a justified mandate to repudiate anything resembling apposition.

You don't have to be a 're-PUBB-bli-can' to see this. Grand. Who needs a dissenting opinion or option, after all? DT's is the perfect lightening rod of distraction. He may as well campaign for the other side. Why are we even continuing this charade of 'choice' with these two?

Trump may need to take his bat and go home, on in his case return to the royal enclosure. His winning would tear the nation in half more than it is now.

Got to love the presidential election USA 2016: Worse vs Worse or Worser.

http://time.com/4445467/donald-trump...ndment-judges/

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Well, one day after I urged civility at his appearances, he offers a thinly veiled suggestion to his second amendment fans to take care of Hillary. Amazing.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-10-16 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Well, one day after I urged civility at his appearances, he offers a thinly veiled suggestion to his second amendment fans to take care of Hillary. Amazing.
    Even if he hadn't intended to call for Clinton's assassination, he was apparently unaware that his words might have been [[mis?)interpreted as such by some nutcase with a gun.

Who among us would be that clueless?

He's a Forrest Gump, a Chauncey Gardiner. He's a loose cannon.

Personal fortune is not a presidential qualification.

To what depths are the United States striving to degenerate?
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-09-16 at 10:18 PM.

Politicians make promises like pie crusts: made to be broken!

This will continue so long as we keeping giving pols a pass and our votes. And failing to apprehend that some promises are not in the least feasible.

I hear the great appointed-opposition DT talked about ending the 'inheritance tax'.

That would be good idea even though he said it [[must the repubs own this position on taxing gone wild?).

Why should the government have more beyond the grave?

Oh I know why -- to acquire more revenue to support the 'promises'! Duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I like Shillary's response better. No redoing the tax structure, that'll never work, that's for the rich. She's going to create jobs, put people back to work. She's going to redo our infrastructure, our roads, our bridges, the electrical grid! [[I thought Obama took care of all that when he ran for President in 2008?) I guess it's only cross-party plagiarizing that raises eyebrows.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-10-16 at 09:27 AM.

Yes, no good interpretation will come from his comment. Absolutely none.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Even if he didn't intend to call for Clinton's assassination, he was apparently unaware that his words might have been [[mis?)interpreted as such by some nutcase with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    This election lead up gets crazier daily. Is this what you are referring too? [[link below). If this is how Trump is rolling at this point then it's blatantly clear he's throwing the election to Mrs. Clinton -- full out!

The resulting damage and fallout [[in part and aside from her winning): more type casting of ALL conservative views, more buffoonery ascribed to anyone supporting the second amendment, topped off with a justified mandate to repudiate anything resembling any apposition.

You don't have to be a 're-PUBB-bli-can' to see this. Grand. Who needs a dissenting opinion or option, after all? DT's is the perfect lightening rod of distraction. He may as well campaign for the other side. Why are we even continuing this charade of 'choice' with these two?

Trump may need to take his bat and go home, on in his case return to the royal enclosure. His winning would tear the nation in half more than it is now.

Got to love the presidential election USA 2016: Worse vs Worse or Worser.

http://time.com/4445467/donald-trump...ndment-judges/
    I don't see any harm in what he said. [[2nd member supporters can get out and vote enforce to defeat her. ) Only the media is portraying it as a thinly veiled call for her demise.
    I remember when they said the same thing about Regan when he made a joke during a sound check that he had pushed the button and the missles would be hitting Russia in about ten minutes.

Meanwhile Hillary has the father of the Pulse nightclub murderer in her entourage.
    Interesting. Don't see much controversy in the media about that.

I wish we had a better voting choice but the system is what it is. Politics is MONEY!

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    I don't see any harm in what he said. [[2nd member supporters can get out and vote enforce to defeat her. ) Only the media is portraying it as a thinly veiled call for her demise.
    I remember when they said the same thing about Regan when he made a joke during a sound check that he had pushed the button and the missles would be hitting Russia in about ten minutes.

Meanwhile Hillary has the father of the Pulse nightclub murderer in her entourage.
    Interesting. Don't see much controversy in the media about that.

I wish we had a better voting choice but the system is what it is. Politics is MONEY!

Other than the fact that we have two pathological liars running for President, this is my biggest complaint about the election. Trump is a master at putting his foot in his mouth, but the media is going beyond reporting his words. They are purposely exaggerating and twisting them, and ALWAYS to the advantage of the Democratic party. There's hardly even a disguised attempt to remain impartial, it's become full blown anti-Trump from just about every major media outlet.

No way would I consider myself a Trump supporter, but I'm beginning to think he has a point that this isn't looking like a fair election. The media and the men behind the curtains have already picked their man[[Woman) and after underhandedly defeating Sanders they've now put 100% of their efforts into defeating Trump.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; August-10-16 at 09:08 AM.

The quote very obviously refers to violence towards Clinton. He follows the comment by making reference to a coming tragedy.

Obviously Trump wouldn't think it tragic if people voted for him. His exact quote, following the assassination reference was "that will be a horrible day."

I think, at this point, it would be impossible for Trump to sink any lower, and impossible for his remaining supporters to act any dumber.

Let the coronation begin forthwith........ we can push the date up. Like next week. No need to wait until January.

Then again I say expected the unexpected!!
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-10-16 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    No way would I consider myself a Trump supporter, but IMO he has a bit of point that this isn't looking like a fair election. The media and the men behind the curtains have already picked their man[[Woman) and after underhandedly defeating Sanders they've now put 100% of their efforts into defeating Trump.
    Yes, the media is totally in the bag for Hilary. Off the top of my head, that's why:

1. They handed Trump the primary with millions in free media coverage.
    2. The other candidates were ignored to cover him and he was allowed phone interviews in lieu of real ones.
    3. During the primary Trump received twice the coverage Hilary did.
    4. He gets softball questions and is allowed to dodge the real ones.
    5. They ignore his utter incoherence and flip-flopping on policy.
    6. CNN hired Trump's campaign manager the minute Trump fired him.
    7. Conspiracy theorist like Jeffrey Lord are allowed airtime to spout fantasies in Trump's defense.
    8. They don't press him on tax returns and Trump U.
    9. They don't press him on rape allegations from Ivana or harrasment allegations from others.
    10. They don't press him on stiffing contractors or mob connections.
    11. They don't press him on believing in fully discredited conspiracies. Vince Foster? Plane carrying cash to Iran?

Anything other than being laughed off the stage is more than Trump deserves.
    Last edited by Shai_Hulud; August-10-16 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai_Hulud View Post
    Yes, the media is totally in the bag for Hilary. Off the top of my head, that's why:

1. They handed Trump the primary with millions in free media coverage.
    2. The other candidates were ignored to cover him and allowed phone interviews in lieu of real ones.
    3. During the primary Trump received twice the coverage Hilary did.
    4. He gets softball questions and is allowed to dodge the real ones.
    5. They ignore his utter incoherence and flip-flopping on policy.
    6. CNN hired his campaign manager the minute Trump fired him.
    7. Conspiracy theorist like Jeffrey Lord are allowed airtime to spout fantasies in Trump's defense.
    8. They don't press him on tax returns and Trump U.
    9. They don't press him rape allegations from Ivana or other women.
    10. They don't press him on stiffing contractors or mob connections.
    11. They don't press him on believing in fully discredited conspiracies. Vince Foster? Plane carry cash to Iran?

Anything other than being laughed off the stage is more than Trump deserves.

Or in other words, the media aided Clinton by giving Trump unfettered access to television, social media, etc.

A paradox of sorts.

Kind of reminds me of what typically happens to those who win a lottery:

The more money one gives a man the longer the rope to hang himself.

Little did Roger Ailes and friends at Fox News realize what they were doing...

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    The quote very obviously refers to violence towards Clinton. He follows the comment by making reference to a coming tragedy.

"If Hillary get to pick her judges there is nothing you can do about it folks... Although the second amendment people maybe there is I don't know.... But I tell you what that would be a horrible day."

Obviously Trump wouldn't think it tragic if people voted for him. His exact quote, following the assassination reference was "that will be a horrible day."

I think, at this point, it would be impossible for Trump to sink any lower, and impossible for his remaining supporters to act any dumber.
    The pauses inbetween are his speaking style. The horrible day reference goes back to the first statement that if Hillary gets to pick her judges comment and implies that the second admendment [[an individual right ) would be under attack
    and that would be a horrible day.
    It's all about his speaking style. He speaks in fragmented sentences.
    You read into it what the media wants to portray.

Donald's had numerous death threats but the media doesn't care about that.
    They say he's brought it on himself by his words. Funny. Isn't that called blaming the victim?

They say he's brought it on himself by his words. Funny. Isn't that called blaming the victim?
    If that's your interpretation, and you truly think Trump is a "victim", then go with it.

Personally I think your viewpoints are insane, but you have that right.

If Trump today went full fascist and called for the slaughter of all American Muslims, I bet you would rationalize his statements. "Oh, but it was hyperbole". "He isn't a good speaker, he didn't mean killing all Muslims, just the baddies". "The commie liberal media is baiting him", "Yeah but what about terrorists among us", etc.

I would bet there is absolutely nothing Trump could say or do that would invite your criticism.

If that's your interpretation, and you truly think Trump is a "victim", then go with it.

Personally I think your viewpoints are insane, but you have that right.

If Trump today went full fascist and called for the slaughter of all American Muslims, I bet you would rationalize his statements. "Oh, but it was hyperbole". "He isn't a good speaker, he didn't mean killing all Muslims, just the baddies". "The commie liberal media is baiting him", "Yeah but what about terrorists among us", etc.

I would bet there is absolutely nothing Trump could say or do that would invite your criticism.
    Hey thanks for recognizing my right to my beliefs just as I recognize yours.
    Please don't generalize or victimize me. I do my best to see the truth based on the facts.
    I've not seen Trump call out to exterminate any group other than our enemies who are Radical Islamists.

I don't think Trump is the "Greatest" nor do I hold any politician in that esteem. That said, I do recognize his platform and I see his enemies that are spending billions to defeat him, [[including foreign nationals who don't have the U.S. interests at heart.) That alone would make me want him in office. Gee I'm not a globalist either.

I've not seen Trump call out to exterminate any group other than our enemies who are Radical Islamists.
    That's a pretty low bar you've set. You need to hear a politician directly advocate for mass slaughter of innocents before considering other candidates? Even Hitler didn't ever explicitly call out to exterminate any groups.

Sorry, but I think you've made up your mind, and there isn't a damn thing he could say that would change your perspective. You'll rationalize any statement, no matter how outrageous.

Sorry, but I think you've made up your mind, and there isn't a damn thing he could say that would change your perspective. You'll rationalize any statement, no matter how outrageous.
    As opposed to sensationalizing every statement, no matter how innocuous?

That's a pretty low bar you've set. You need to hear a politician directly advocate for mass slaughter of innocents before considering other candidates? Even Hitler didn't ever explicitly call out to exterminate any groups.

I'm sorry too Bham. sounds like you are the one lumping all Muslims in with Radical Islamists not me. If you don't recognize the enemy then you are fooling yourself. Who are we fighting in the streets murdering innocents in nightclubs???? Christians....Jews....Buddhists????

Actually Hitler Did specify exterminating a whole race of people based on religion. He just called it the "Jewish Problem."

I love politics. Lets talk about religion and everyone's pre-tax earnings well we're at it...

Seriously though, this thing is over. Unless Clinton gets caught on tape doing heroin and murdering someone, it's done. When you've got GOP members jumping ship, national and foreign leaders condemning you, you've got to realize this boat's sinking, fast. Come voting day, this will not be close like so many would like to believe.

I'm sorry too Bham. sounds like you are the one lumping all Muslims in with Radical Islamists not me. If you don't recognize the enemy then you are fooling yourself. Who are we fighting in the streets murdering innocents in nightclubs???? Christians....Jews....Buddhists????

Actually Hitler Did specify exterminating a whole race of people based on religion. He just called it the "Jewish Problem."
    LOL In a western-centric society hellbent on portraying a West vs. Islam narrative, we never hear about what Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists do to each other in Burma, India, and Bangladesh. But it doesn't happen here, so Buddhists are of course the peaceful, zen monks we like to think about.

Also, as a gay man, it really irritated me when all the right-wingers were like, "See, they hate gays too! We have to protect the gays!" But just last year you were fighting against our right to marry, 5 years ago you were fighting the right for us to be open in the military, 10 years ago you were trying to force us into conversion therapy, and 25-30 years ago AIDS was what we get for being gay. And 50 years ago, you beat us up at Stonewall.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post

Also, as a gay man, it really irritated me when all the right-wingers were like, "See, they hate gays too! We have to protect the gays!"
    You don't have to go back into the past. The current Republican platform is virulently homophobic. It's a more conservative party platform than at any time in modern history, and just ratified a few weeks ago.

Reagan and Nixon and the Bushes would probably be Dems in 2016. It's really gotten that bad. The Republican platform would be embarrassing in 1950, to say nothing of 2016.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/19/op...in-memory.html

LOL In a western-centric society hellbent on portraying a West vs. Islam narrative, we never hear about what Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists do to each other in Burma, India, and Bangladesh. But it doesn't happen here, so Buddhists are of course the peaceful, zen monks we like to think about.

Also, as a gay man, it really irritated me when all the right-wingers were like, "See, they hate gays too! We have to protect the gays!" But just last year you were fighting against our right to marry, 5 years ago you were fighting the right for us to be open in the military, 10 years ago you were trying to force us into conversion therapy, and 25-30 years ago AIDS was what we get for being gay. And 50 years ago, you beat us up at Stonewall.
    Interesting, putting gays up against the stonewall is exactly what the Jihadists do.

I don't care what an adult does with another consenting adult as long as no one is harmed. Don't know how that even came up?

GMan

You don't have to go back into the past. The current Republican platform is virulently homophobic. It's a more conservative party platform than at any time in modern history, and just ratified a few weeks ago.

Reagan and Nixon and the Bushes would probably be Dems in 2016. It's really gotten that bad. The Republican platform would be embarrassing in 1950, to say nothing of 2016.

And that same Republican party hated the thought of Trump as their candidate too.

Except that Mr. Trump is very clearly behind gay rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Except that Mr. Trump is very clearly behind gay rights.
    Then why would he choose a VP pick with a history of supporting conversion therapy?

Then why would he choose a VP pick with a history of supporting conversion therapy?
    Hmmn... Political chess game? Pick somebody the base likes as your VP as the base hates you.
    All politicians do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    I love politics. Lets talk about religion and everyone's pre-tax earnings well we're at it...

Seriously though, this thing is over. Unless Clinton gets caught on tape doing heroin and murdering someone, it's done. When you've got GOP members jumping ship, national and foreign leaders condemning you, you've got to realize this boat's sinking, fast. Come voting day, this will not be close like so many would like to believe.

We also get to add the little things like DNC workers that turn over emails end up dead,I guess it is different when one speaks without actions or takes action without speaking.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast