Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Trump Names A Pro TPP, Medicaid Expanding Governor As VP Candidate

Flip. Flop.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/08/us...-law.html?_r=0

One woman invited Gov. Mike Pence to her gynecologist appointment. Another provided an update on her cramps. Another tweeted that she had just changed her tampon.

The social media missives directed to Indiana’s governor this week have been frequent, pointed and unyielding in their descriptions of female physiology. They are part of an unusual campaign on Facebook and Twitter to express outrage at a law that Mr. Pence, a Republican, signed last month that created several new restrictions on abortions.

The protesters often post with the hashtag #periodsforpence and mix anatomical details with a touch of humor.

He's done Hillary Clinton wins.

Watching the GOP convention on tv. Looks pretty white in there, like a 1950s tv program. Where did everyone else go? And, great speech, Michelle.
    Last edited by Bobl; July-19-16 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Watching the GOP convention on tv. Looks pretty white in there, like a 1950s tv program. Where did everyone else go?
    They're waiting to go to the Democrat Convention where you will see all the all the colors of the rainbow. They're not bothered with "Making America Safe Again" or "Making America Work Again" or "Making America Great Again" They're only interested in how to "Make America Payme Again [[and again, and again and....)"

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    They're waiting to go to the Democrat Convention where you will see all the all the colors of the rainbow. They're not bothered with "Making America Safe Again" or "Making America Work Again" or "Making America Great Again" They're only interested in how to "Make America Payme Again [[and again, and again and....)"
    In opposite world where all facts and numbers lie.

Actually, facts and data show a transfer of wealth from middle class and less well off to a tiny elite of mega wealthy families and corporations who have been saying "gimme more" for several decades.
    Last edited by Bobl; July-19-16 at 12:58 PM.

Actually, facts and data show a transfer of wealth from middle class and less well off to a tiny elite of mega wealthy families and corporations who have been saying "gimme more" for several decades.
    What's that got to do with anything? They do stuff to earn it. I was referring to those that want to get it for doing nothing - democrat "supporters" and illegals.
    Last edited by coracle; July-19-16 at 04:40 PM.

The wealth and income of the 1% increased, relative to those of the rest of us, at a faster rate under Obama than even under Bush. It gets worse. Black incomes, home ownership rates, and wealth have declined relative to those of whites under Obama. No wonder corporate sponsorship has gravitated from the Republican to the Democratic convention - at least once Bernie surrendered. However, all the foreign labor brought in or allowed in under Obama, legal and otherwise, is almost certainly being paid better than they were in their own countries. On the one hand, they bring down average wages in the US. On the other hand, they increase the average wages in their respective countries.
    Last edited by oladub; July-19-16 at 05:10 PM.

Of course it increased after the president who preceded him took a balanced budget and strong economy and left a huge debt and the worse economic crisis since the great depression. The transfer of wealth was begun decades ago, and both parties wear puppet strings, though. What I pointed out was the GOP convention was lilly white and Mrs. Trump delivered parts of Mrs. Obama's speech well.

And Obama managed to double Bush's debt in turn running up the debt by $30,000 for every man, woman, and child in the US. Since the average household in the US is 2.54 that's $76,000 of new federal debt per household in the US. That did put a bandage on the economic cancer much of which was Bush's fault. Foreign workers and the 1% did well under Obama. Harding turned a worse recession around in two years and cut government spending. It can and has been done. Obama wasn't that capable.

I agree that the convention was too white although I saw one black and one orange guy. I don't understand why, for instance, Republicans aren't picking up Asian Americans and Mexican entrepreneurs for instance.

I also agree that Mrs. Trump read off a plagiarized paragraph of Mrs. Obama's speech. Of course, Obama chose a plagiarizer for his vice-president. At least no one is electing Mrs. Trump. A better comparison for Mrs. Trump would be Jackie Kennedy. Mrs. Trump promises to be the most elegant presidential wife since Jackie. It looked to me like Melania had all those Republican guys mesmerized. Melania is Joline as far as Hillary is concerned taking away the male vote. I suspect Melania could wow audiences around the world the way Jackie, who was also multi-lingual, did. I judge Melanie to be a big asset. Too bad that NBC, the station I was watching, went from Melanie's positive speech to a tape of Hillary sounding and being nasty. What a contrast. Verses from Hillary's ode to Melania-

Your beauty is beyond compare
    With flaming locks of auburn hair
    With ivory skin and eyes of emerald green

Your smile is like a breath of spring
    Your voice is soft like summer rain
    And I cannot compete with you, Joline
    Last edited by oladub; July-19-16 at 07:49 PM.

Your sentence about Harding is interesting. That is perhaps the most positive spin I have seen about a guy who many historians dismiss as one of the least effective presidents. Who knows, none of us really have all the facts.

What's that got to do with anything? They do stuff to earn it. I was referring to those that want to get it for doing nothing - democrat "supporters" and illegals.
    Are you referring to poor, under-educated whites who are more likely to vote for Trump?

Watched again last night. The degree of venom and paranoia was sad. Rudy got so worked up that he lost track of which way was up with his hand gestures during his rant. I guess we got a good look at the folks who listen to AM radio shouters.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Are you referring to poor, under-educated whites who are more likely to vote for Trump?
    No. I was referring to the poor, uneducated and illegal that will vote for Nurse Ratchet [[and some dead ones of course to pad the total). I wasn't thinking racially as you obviously do. But you could have a point; just the wrong color and the wrong candidate.

Like you said earlier, you're "In opposite world where all facts and numbers lie"
    Last edited by coracle; July-20-16 at 10:48 AM.

No. I was referring to the poor, uneducated and illegal that will vote for Nurse Ratchet [[and some dead ones of course to pad the total). I wasn't thinking racially as you obviously do. But you could have a point; just the wrong color and the wrong candidate.

Like you said earlier, you're "In opposite world where all facts and numbers lie"
    A Conservative version of "I know you are, but what am I?" has never been delivered so flaccidly.

Trump Names A Pro TPP, Medicaid Expanding Governor As VP Candidate
    Thom Hartmann's building the case that Trump would effectively hand his presidency over to Pence because Trump prefers the role of figurehead instead.

DetroitYES Home » Non Detroit Issues » Thom Hartmann » A Vote For Trump Is A Vote For Mike Pence Policies

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Thom Hartmann's building the case that Trump would effectively hand his presidency over to Pence because Trump prefers the role of figurehead instead.
    Even a wimpy looking metrosexual writer can get it almost "write" one time. PENCE IS FANTASTIC. A great foil for Donald Trump and so obviously future Presidential material. Eight years of Trump followed by eight years of Pence would put the squandered years of Obama and Clinton's shit into the lists of failures of history and Make America Great/Safe/First Again.[[and Hillary could concentrate on taking her cough mixture).
    Last edited by coracle; July-21-16 at 12:38 PM.