Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Anything claiming the end from a non biased biblical news source? You posting that as a reputable source is a joke right?

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    TARGET BOYCOTT IS WORKING: Target’s stock has fallen 20 percent — from $84 per share to $67 per share — since it imposed the pro-transgender policy on its customer base of families. That loss has chopped roughly $10 billion from the overall shareholder value of the company, according to a chart produced by Yahoo.com http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/target-sales-drop-amid-stoc
    It's also allows "transgenders" in the men's room! I wish we had the laughing emoticon on here because I am very amused. Nice try...next!

Target is doing fine. It has rebounded nicely from a sales slide and fallout from the Canadian debacle. However they do need to figure out how big they want to be in the grocery area.

I would much rather Target locate downtown. As nice as it would be for Woodward to be full of upscale independent and boutique stores, that's not happening with the current demographics. Target would provide an anchor which I still think is needed to really get retail off the ground downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Target drug departments are now CVS in Livonia. Not sure if they all changed.
    I believe so. I heard about this deal they reached with CVS to outsource their pharmacy sometime last year.

The pharmacy at the Eastland Target is also a CVS now.

TARGET BOYCOTT IS WORKING: Target’s stock has fallen 20 percent — from $84 per share to $67 per share — since it imposed the pro-transgender policy on its customer base of families. That loss has chopped roughly $10 billion from the overall shareholder value of the company, according to a chart produced by Yahoo.com http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/target-sales-drop-amid-stoc
    Target will be fine.

Shareholder value [[which is only based on investor speculation) is only part of the equation, and any financial expert worth their chops would tell you the recent turmoil with Target's stock value isn't based on anything tied to the fundamental health of the company.

Market share [[and thus potential sales) is also a major key to their success, which they control a sizable chunk of. Anyone who's spent a significant amount of time outside of Michigan knows most people don't have other choices for big box retailers besides Walmart.
    Last edited by 313WX; July-15-16 at 11:09 AM.

u must not have little kids, I don't want my little girls in the bathroom , when man thinks he is a woman walks in, or visus vesus if I had a little boys and see a woman walk in . let these liberals do thing like that at bar etc.. where little kids don't usuallau go
    Im done with this topic, when sharia laws takes over the US which it will. all these types of people will be executed, then the Christians will be executed etc.. it wont be a great country no more then all the liberals wil be saying hey what happen, well u desrtroyed America

u must not have little kids, I don't want my little girls in the bathroom , when man thinks he is a woman walks in, or visus vesus if I had a little boys and see a woman walk in . let these liberals do thing like that at bar etc.. where little kids don't usuallau go
    Im done with this topic, when sharia laws takes over the US which it will. all these types of people will be executed, then the Christians will be executed etc.. it wont be a great country no more then all the liberals wil be saying hey what happen, well u desrtroyed America
    i think most people shopping at a midtown Target will be happy if you dont go there.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    My two takeaways from this article:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...rget/87101214/

1). The Target story is pretty speculative,

2). Target, if it is Target, likely to be first of a number of retailers to come at approximately the same time as described here:

Gibbs also said stores like Target “don’t like to be first” but rather come with a group. “There’s a phrase called ‘dirty dozen’ – meaning stores come together, like a Target, TJ Maxx and others.”

The big story, from 30,000 feet, is that with all of the development in progress or planned along Brush Park and the arena district that the outlook continues to brighten month by month. There is real momentum between the Fisher and Mack.

I trust that retailers will want to catch that wave...

BTW, I'm still surprised we haven't heard from say CVS and say some fast food stores. Things like McDonalds, Burger King and even a Dunkin Donuts. I could see people stopping and getting coffee and donuts [[a dozen for the office) at a Dunkin Donuts. I think the location would produce a lot of business because of the automobile traffic on Woodward.
    Dunkin Donuts announced a few months ago that they hope to open about 20 new stores across Metro Detroit [[I'm sure including some additional locations in the city as well).

As far as fast food, there are some existing Burger King and McDonald's locations already in the greater downtown area. I have no doubt downtown proper could support a couple McDonald's and Burger King locations, but the TPTB will have to actively scout them out and invest in the stores. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be on Dan Gilbert's agenda based on the only high-end businesses we've seen thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago48 View Post
    This is nothing new. There's a Target already in Detroit, so this is just another one in midtown. A bit smaller I'm sure.
    There hasn't been a Target in Detroit proper since 2003, while the location at Bel-Air Centre closed.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintMe View Post
    One commenter on the article noted the size of this proposed Target. A google search shows that average Target stores are 135,000 sq ft. CityTarget stores are 80,000 to 100,000 sq ft. This store is a proposed 25,000 sq ft. Yay for more retail in the city, but I'm underwhelmed. Baby steps I guess.
    The Whole Foods in Midtown is also smaller than typical locations.

But the only way these stores in the city will be profitable if it they adjust and cater to the insane asylum that is the Detroit market.
    Last edited by 313WX; July-15-16 at 11:24 AM.

Wow, what provoked this O/T post????

Best I can surmise that the Target, if it is a Target, it will have restrooms.

Of course, the new arena will have many, many more restrooms.

As far as the proposed design for the development, it looks decent to me.

Much better than the abominations proposed for the Griswold project and the Statler site.

Finally, as far as Target and the transgender restrooms issue, at least they didn't attempt to help a sitting governor cover up the mass poisoning of a mid-sized city his "leadership" caused like a certain regional competitor did.

So yeah, I'll shop at Target [[and even Walmart) any day if I had to choose.
    Last edited by 313WX; July-15-16 at 11:36 AM.

The truth is that Target stopped selling tin foil hats in his size.

Since the policy change how many incidents have there been involving children in bathrooms? Take your time, Ill wait for a link. Perhaps this time from a real news website...

I cannot even fathom a response to your awful soapbox speech with all the grammar and spelling errors present. I feel like I am reading a telephone keypad text message sent by a pissed off 14-year old.

Before you try to debate someone on the issues of transgender bathroom law and Sharia law, my advice to you is learn how to properly form an argument, nay a sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    I cannot even fathom a response to your awful soapbox speech with all the grammar and spelling errors present. I feel like I am reading a telephone keypad text message sent by a pissed off 14-year old.

Before you try to debate someone on the issues of transgender bathroom law and Sharia law, my advice to you is learn how to properly form an argument, nay a sentence.

u must be be one of the mental ill that want to use a lady's room. If so u should go get help
    I am out o f here good day

You're the one favoring sharia law - just a Christianist version. And do you really want Chaz Bono peeing with your daughters?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    You're the one favoring sharia law - just a Christianist version. And do you really want Chaz Bono peeing with your daughters?
    No I am not I am a born again Christian I signed the petition with over 1 million other people .These liberals all trying to change America to favor there way and there family values have to be stopped no one is considering the children and wives here anymore and their safety

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    That's an insult to 14-year olds everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Finally, as far as Target and the transgender restrooms issue, at least they didn't attempt to help a sitting governor cover up the mass poisoning of a mid-sized city his "leadership" caused like a certain regional competitor did.

So yeah, I'll shop at Target [[and even Walmart) any day if I had to choose.
    It's funny that some of the loudest voices in the Flint Water Crisis are [[a number of) Detroiters whom were complicit in years of Detroit Water corruption which led to the Flint Water Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Towne Cluber View Post
    It's funny that some of the loudest voices in the Flint Water Crisis are [[a number of) Detroiters whom were complicit in years of Detroit Water corruption which led to the Flint Water Crisis.
    I'm not sure if you're referring to me, because I'm not aware of any DWSD corruption leading to the Flint Water Crisis [[at least not anything prior to the state's intervention and the city's bankruptcy).

But that's another discussion for another thread. I'm just putting things into perspective for some of the folks who claim they won't be shopping at Target over this bathroom issue.

As long as Darnell Earley isn't running either, you should be in good shape.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-15-16 at 12:58 PM.

I'm not sure if you're referring to me, because I'm not aware of any DWSD corruption leading to the Flint Water Crisis [[at least not anything prior to the state's intervention and the city's bankruptcy).

But that's another discussion for another thread. I'm just putting things into perspective for some of the folks who claim they won't be shopping at Target over this bathroom issue.
    There was corruption in every corner of the city and somehow DWSD escaped it? That's an incredible leap of reasoning. Start with the $25m that Kilpatrick stole from the Macomb County water main break and go from there...

Likewise, I'm not sure if you're one of the naysayers that was against state intervention/city bankruptcy but as you said, that's for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Towne Cluber View Post
    There was corruption in every corner of the city and somehow DWSD escaped it? That's an incredible leap of reasoning. Start with the $25m that Kilpatrick stole from the Macomb County water main break and go from there...
    What does anything of that have to do with DWSD's service to Flint?

What does anything of that have to do with DWSD's service to Flint?
    Seriously? In addition to half of Detroit not paying its water bills, the city couldn't even pass a $5 monthly increase [[to $65 from $60)...meanwhile Flint had the highest water bills in the country at $150+.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast