Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    The response to what happened in Dallas should not be to scrutinize all protests and those innocent people who choose to participate because of one rogue lunatic.

It's unreasonable.
    That is absolutely true. However, assuming people are disappointed that there wasn't any violence is also unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    That is absolutely true. However, assuming people are disappointed that there wasn't any violence is also unreasonable.
    My "Perhaps to the dismay of some" comment was simply a smart-ass jab at the unreasonable scrutiny from some about last night's protest here in Detroit.

In all seriousness, I know people *REALLY* aren't disappointed that there wasn't any violence.
    Last edited by 313WX; July-09-16 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Well the Dallas protest march was another in a bunch of illustrations that should serve to arm the people. Obvious to me that if everyone had been armed, then nobody would have been harmed. More is less. Ordinary citizens should be able to defend themselves in any situation. The major problem here is that a Battle Royale didn't ensue to save the cops and protesters, and kill the bad guys in one fell swoop like in the movies.The lack of guns is to blame, IMO.
    Going to have to disagree there. Texas may only make #18 in armed states, but they are no stranger to it. The incident in Houston on Memorial day had one guy whip out his piece in an attempt to neutralize the well-armed and proficient Trump-supporter [[who like the Dallas sniper, was a vet who had some "impending doom" instilled into him-that all was "coming to an end"http://heavy.com/news/2016/05/housto...tified-who-is/) on the corner, but all it earned him was a number of gunshot wounds in return.

If there is anything to learn from that fracas it's to look more at the boy scout who assisted to the wounded. Having know-how in those areas is what we citizens in days to come should be arming ourselves with. http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-shooting.html

Yet, how would have armed citizens handled a sniper? Just have a few random guys start discharging their firearms up into the Texas sky? This guy was "a fraction as good a killing machine" as Charles Whitman [[but maybe Whitman planned it out more), and it took a bomb-loaded robot to "neutralize" him.

Again, how would've armed citizens taken on Holmes in a tight, darkened theater? How would armed citizens have taken on Mateen in a panicky dark crowded and very disorienting nightclub? Even without guns on an airplane, too many persons in a tussle have unwitting access towards really bringing hell on scores of passengers within a tightly crowded pressurized cabin?

-and I'm just compromising and putting aside my personal feelings on the gun issue to lay-out the situation from a clinical standpoint here.

^^ I suspect your sarcasm detector was not fully functional when you read canuck's post.

If it turns out that he was serious, then mine is not working properly.

^^^^Gotcha'-more than likely he was in that direction.

I'm all for freedom of assembly, but when groups start purposely blocking on ramps, service drives, and freeways, as had been done recently, than that is beyond peaceful action.

And that cop in Minnesota knew he screwed up, you could tell from his voice. Now he has the thought of the massacre in Dallas on his shoulders too.

Shoot to disable, not to kill. Bad training.
    Last edited by Bigb23; July-09-16 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    "A crazed, lone gunman shot eleven police officers" -- no -- would have been better put as KILLED 5.

Of course a protest against the murders of innocent civilians is legal, but its offensive. However after a gunman followed the instructions of many of the chants of BLM, its in pretty bad taste.

BLM has raised a valid point, but is failing to win over the public by its bad manners. A wise protest movement would combine its advocacy with some praise for the efforts of law enforcement.
    I get the feeling that you don't actually understand BLM. If they are protesting the murder of innocent civilians [[which is some how offensive?!?!) by the hands of police officers, why would they then praise law enforcement when they feel the issues are systemic?

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    I get the feeling that you don't actually understand BLM. If they are protesting the murder of innocent civilians [[which is some how offensive?!?!) by the hands of police officers, why would they then praise law enforcement when they feel the issues are systemic?
    Offensive was a typing mistake. The protests are not offensive -- they are appropriate and reasonable.

Why would they praise law enforcement? Because they work hard each and every day working to contain crime, which causes perhaps 1,000 times more pain, misery, and harm to innocent civilians than 'police murder'.

One can agree with protests about cops who murder and also believe that the senseless deaths of 5 cops by a misguided follower can and should be condemned. Its possible as well to recognize how much progress has been made by our police departments to control rogue officers, while still believing we have a problem with murderous cops.

Five dead cops can be honored without undermining the protests. That BLM didn't scream out loud "we abhor violence against cops in any form whatsoever" speaks volumes to me. If you really want the public to buy-into continued efforts to reign in bad cops, you should also be willing to respect the dead of any color.

Offensive was a typing mistake. The protests are not offensive -- they are appropriate and reasonable.

Why would they praise law enforcement? Because they work hard each and every day working to contain crime, which causes perhaps 1,000 times more pain, misery, and harm to innocent civilians than 'police murder'.

One can agree with protests about cops who murder and also believe that the senseless deaths of 5 cops by a misguided follower can and should be condemned. Its possible as well to recognize how much progress has been made by our police departments to control rogue officers, while still believing we have a problem with murderous cops.

Five dead cops can be honored without undermining the protests. That BLM didn't scream out loud "we abhor violence against cops in any form whatsoever" speaks volumes to me. If you really want the public to buy-into continued efforts to reign in bad cops, you should also be willing to respect the dead of any color.
    It speaks volumes to a lot of us that so few police departments even admit that there MIGHT be a problem with excessive force.

What are you looking for here? There isn't an established figurehead/leader of the BLM movement to stand up in front of the cameras and tell the world how the BLM movement feels about every specific event and aspect of the issue.

BLM doesn't abhor cops, or promote violence against cops. BLM simply demands accountability, equality, and just treatment from the cops, which is something that we should all agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by erikd View Post
    What are you looking for here? There isn't an established figurehead/leader of the BLM movement to stand up in front of the cameras and tell the world how the BLM movement feels about every specific event and aspect of the issue.

BLM doesn't abhor cops, or promote violence against cops. BLM simply demands accountability, equality, and just treatment from the cops, which is something that we should all agree on.
    Nail on the head. Some of these cops need to quit having preconceived notions, when pulling over African Americans, especially males.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; July-10-16 at 05:11 AM.

Check out the role that George Soros is playing in all this.

It is a pattern. Seek and ye shall find.

Follow the money and conversely the effects concerning the Great Recession and the lack of money since 2008 on the populace.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post

Follow the money and conversely the effects concerning the Great Recession and the lack of money since 2008 on the populace.
    It is completely asinine to act like George Soros is behind a movement that protests the disproportionate deaths and injustice for a certain sector of the population. It is weird how the people I know and have spoken too who participate in these demonstrations never once mentioned George, just the litany of offenses that have occurred over the past couple of years. People are actually dying...

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Having demonstrations this weekend with highly charged emotions in a society packed to the gills with guns on all sides doesn't sound like a good idea right now. After the last 3 days preserving human life should be the immediate goal. The last thing that would help this issue is further loss of life in the aftermath of these tragedies.
    Having demonstrations and protest marches when emotions are at the highest is exactly when we should have them. Having protest marches when nobody cares doesn't really accomplish anything, does it?

If the people in power are worried that public protestors might get unruly, then perhaps the people in power should pay attention to the public protestors. If a large number of people are willing to gather together in public protest, it makes me think that they probably have a legitimate complaint about an issue that needs to be addressed.

The alternative is to be scared and suppress the voice of the people, which is the classic strategy of dictators, despots, and tyrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post

Will you crazy ass people give it a rest with the insane conspiracy theories? I'm a fiscal conservative who can no longer vote for the GOP BECAUSE OF YOU INSANE MOTHERFUCKERS!

Stop listening to these fucking idiots like Rush, Hannity, and Beck!

I am a fiscal conservative, but I can't support insane people who deny basic science, proven facts, and promote crazy conspiracy theories.

Evolution is real. Climate change is real. Agenda 21 is a crazy conspiracy theory. Barack Obama is not a Muslim.

As a life-long fiscal conservative, I'm begging here...Can you crazy motherfuckers stop being insane?

...Can you crazy motherfuckers stop being insane?
    Er, um, no?

I think we can all agree that we need a longer starboard plank on this boat.

I'm looking for respect for cops. The is no mention of Dallas on their website. They are ignoring something important. Something relevant to their cause.

The hate-crime murders by their disciple in Dallas is no different than the hate-crime murders done by racist cops they abhor, IMO. If you abhor racism, and want a better world, hate inspired, racially motivated murders done in sympathy with your goals should be condemned.

BLM's 'guiding principles' includes empathy: "We are committed to practicing empathy; we engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts." They are not exhibiting empathy.

btw, BLM also has a 'guiding principle' that states "We are committed to acknowledging, respecting and celebrating difference[[s) and commonalities". They missed their chance to respect 'commonalities' with cops.

Will you crazy ass people give it a rest with the insane conspiracy theories? I'm a fiscal conservative who can no longer vote for the GOP BECAUSE OF YOU INSANE MOTHERFUCKERS!

I am a fiscal conservative, but I can't support insane people who deny basic science, proven facts, and promote crazy conspiracy theories.

Evolution is real. Climate change is real. Agenda 21 is a crazy conspiracy theory. Barack Obama is not a Muslim.

As a life-long fiscal conservative, I'm begging here...Can you crazy motherfuckers stop being insane?
    I don't give a rats ass about Soros stature in either American party Erik D.

It is his financial agenda and creating conditions on which he can profit from.

He is a firm believer in contrarian investing and what Nathan Rothschild's has espoused...

"Baron Rothschild, an 18th century British nobleman and member of the Rothschild banking family, is credited with saying that "The time to buy is when there's blood in the streets."
    He should know. Rothschild made a fortune buying in the panic that followed the Battle of Waterloo against Napoleon. But that's not the whole story. The original quote is believed to be "Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own."

Ripped from Investopedia wiki.

Thank you from the middle. This is the worst Presidential election ever. Time magazine polls put it at a choice between sunburn and hives. Thanks assholes in Congress.

You have to live with it.
    Last edited by Bigb23; July-10-16 at 02:56 PM.

Are there any more that have been scheduled so far? If any of those turn violent, looks like the comeback will go on hiatus...likely forever.

Here's my Tolstoy essay:

I believe there are some level-headed conservatives out there [[like John S. Saloma who wrote "Ominous Politics" in the 80's-very good read.)-guys like Kelsey Grammar or Gary Sinese. Even cartoonists I once looked up to-like Peter Bagge and Mike Judge-became right-sided libertarians. Frustrating when a balanced and moderate voice is not being represented here? Right? [[now folks can see my frustrations with being a Christian who only sees the worst examples of "Donahue-picked" extremists to represent the "Christian side of things"-just to give anti-religious types a straw man to throw things at).

When far weirder and darker matters have transpired and better theories were posited by those seeing how the media treats it, it usually came from the anti-establishment left camp and those from the right wrote them off as "conspiracy nuts" [[which begs the question-was Jonestown the darkness of mass brainwashing complete with "Kool-Aid" or the darkness of a study in Petri dish sized racial genocide with support from both Reagan and Mondale but leaving one Democratic representative gunned down?-It has to be one or the other...and either one leaves us unsettled inside to reckon with.). Yet, where as "what happened in Florida or Ohio" [[with thorough documentation at the clear and ugly evidence in either cases) in 2000/2004 were obvious crucial voter fraud being scrubbed and forgotten, now "voter fraud" is being cited on a far more ridiculous level by those screaming "CFR! UN! Alex Jones was right...!!" When the right-wing get conspiratorial, it gets very convoluted, strained, emotionally far-flung, and over-speculative [[yet, when their "predictions" don't pan out, they shut up and slink away and hope noone remembers their gaffe.). I warned from the onset of the sniping incident the ridiculous theories already jamming the internet.

If I were a level-headed conservative, I'd be ashamed, as well. The tactics of those shrill voices dominating the media and online are grotesque to behold. They are emotionally charged nonsense that claims it "uses facts", but never cites accurate facts. There is no balanced usage of evidence-no accurate sources cited. Many contradictions [[if not straight up fabrications) have surfaced from media outlets that cater to this mentality [[like Fox or World Net Daily).

Every area online is dominated by commentators spouting off with little to no provocation as they are spoofing and cloning in synchronous homogeneous [[and unimaginative tandem) their same tired diatribe.

They get defensive about "their rights to be themselves", but with so many exactly like them, I don't see them as being all that alone. Lay out the facts, know where to look, make the comparatives, and you see how uneven the playing field has been for a very long time. Racial bias against non-whites and class warfare against the poor do indeed indisputably exist.

They make it an issue of free speech, but as long as Trump is the money interest, large corporate outlets are run by big money [[no big mystery there-and everyone from Worldlink to many competent media watchdogs have tracked this ugly phenomenon for over two decades now). So, who took their "free speech" away? Oh, but it's really a matter of them just wanting to be being able to say whatever abrasive, hateful, over-imaginative, and inaccurate thing without having to supply evidence, not having to be held accountable, not having to show some sens of respectful responsibility, not being called out on inaccuracies or faulty reasoning, or being told they are acting on prejudiced tactics of using wide brushstrokes and sweeping generalizations. Basically they only want to corner the complete market of free speech, as long as noone has it as well, or worse, or can effectively debate them right back.

That same lack of sharing and screaming "I'm being infringed upon" is also being used in terms of race; when a certain number of races exceed a certain comfort level they have, they get antsy about "being overrun". As I said before, I grew up a minority in Detroit, so it never bothers me with the notion that this country can be equally white, black, Latino, etc. Yet, it sure bothers them to no end, which is far more indicative of just how genuinely racist and unfair they are to their core. So, many verbal contortions have been used to criticize Obama, but one gets a big picture of the real African Elephant in the room that gets fleshed out and implied from what is strategically not being said-that being that many of these shrill voices are just stark racists who really lost their minds-completely flipped their little bigoted scalps at the very notion of a black in the White House.

They make it about fairness, but only when facts and historical evidence are all laid out and critical comparatives are being applied to show just how unfair they are being towards others of different races, faiths, or viewpoints. It's really about being spoiled and immature and then using the most unreasonable verbal contortions and spins [[tons of spins-about all the "fairness", "the racial pride", "the freedom of speech" I've just highlighted). If things don't go their way, then they make a Checkers speech or just shut down the whole government.

You want proof of this online?

Go to the most hoi polloi outlet of Middle aged, Middle American culture. Go to where the politically sway-able women gather to look more at images than boring words. They make sure to vote, eventually, so, be a political bombast there and shove it down their throat there. Stick it amongst their recipes, crafts, and cute pictures of doggies. Jam up these sites with spoofed/cloned accounts with impersonal grandiose titles like "Making America Great Again", work in tandem off each other to have a huge "following", get top search prominence, and reuse the exact same obligatory travel/recipe/animal images and pepper them with the exact same unimaginative stupid memes. Show a fat, ugly lesbian giving the finger and label her a "Hillary supporter" and put it next to a photo-shopped tanned, voluptuous fakerooo and label her a "Trump supporter"....

You see the flawed, manipulative logic and specious reasoning here [[much like how Goebbels used rats as an image to attache to the Jews). Memes are one-sided, terse tools. You can't argue with them. They don't require genuine supplementation of evidence and sources. They have just as much iconic durability as a bumper-sticker, bawdy key chain, or offensive T-shirt [[and how long did it take most of America to dismiss and eventually ignore that nonsense?). Yet, I guess that's the best of the best prime medium that those "screaming for free speech" seem only best apt to utilize.

I'm sure many Republicans are nowhere near this type of mentality, and for those that wisely aren't, I feel for your shame.

Well, now we know where a lot of the outrage is brewing. The anger is justified, but the violence won't solve it. It's going to be a hot area there.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    Here's my Tolstoy essay:

I believe there are some level-headed conservatives out there [[like John S. Saloma who wrote "Ominous Politics" in the 80's-very good read.)-guys like Kelsey Grammar or Gary Sinese. Even cartoonists I once looked up to-like Peter Bagge and Mike Judge-became right-sided libertarians. Frustrating when a balanced and moderate voice is not being represented here? Right? [[now folks can see my frustrations with being a Christian who only sees the worst examples of "Donahue-picked" extremists to represent the "Christian side of things"-just to give anti-religious types a straw man to throw things at).
    ...snip...

I'm sure many Republicans are nowhere near this type of mentality, and for those that wisely aren't, I feel for your shame.
    I'm a Republican, but I'm not ashamed of the racist fools on the right. They don't represent me. They never have.

Your lecture makes many very good points. All I will add is that I believe the exact same case can be made in reverse. There are racist and otherwise evil fools on the left too. And they don't represent the majority of the Democratic Party's thinking.

I really don't see the difference. If you do, then I suggest to you that you are no different than those who think President Obama supports everything Jeremiah Wright every said.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; July-10-16 at 05:36 PM.

G-DDT

You are the opposite of all the anti Obama trolls out there. Stray dog ? Obama care. Homless man, Obama care. Shootings ? Obama. Third world problems ? Obama.

But your manifests are daunting for this reader. I'm a Reddit guy. Okay, you can type, and have a stream of thoughts, but please limit your response to 2000 words.

Thanks,
    Bigb23.
    Last edited by Bigb23; July-10-16 at 06:47 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast