Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Snipers Attack Police at Demonstration in Dallas 11 hit 4 dead

Breaking now. Police monitoring a Dallas protest demonstration, over the recent police killings of civilians in Baton Rouge and Minneapolis, have been attacked by two snipers. 11 officers have been hit and 4 are dead.

Ironically the site is only a couple of blocks from where President Kennedy was assassinated.

It seems the attack was carried out by two perps and one is dead/in custody.

No motives are known or anything about the perps at this point.

As is the case these days there multiple amateur video shots pouring in.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/phi...ion/index.html

So sad.

Name:  DALLAS.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  124.4 KB

Update: It is reported that the second shooter has been apprehended.

News feeds re. what is going on re. Dallas snippers and the LEO shootings of Alton Sterling and Philando Castille. Should update as the more info becomes available:

http://www.dallasnews.com/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ad-police.html

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/phi...ion/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Update: It is reported that the second shooter has been apprehended.
    Were you going by this incident?http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dalla...-out/267243335 I'm seeing the media has yet to fully catch up to that fact.

What was a very peaceful demonstration up until the shooting became chaos. Amongst a lot of the chaos-and telling from much of the confusing video footage [[none actually catching a clear image of a shooter, but a lot of running around, and one bit shows a cop throwing the camera person to the ground and the image ending.)-not many folks knew what was happening. There is still dispute as to how the last shooter [[of two or more?) was "neutralized" [[suicide? cop justice?).http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/dallas...ng-gun-photos/

Yet, Chief Brown said he he is not fully comfortable with the suspect situation. They have three in custody so far and some suspicious packages/bags. Does this mean more to be hunted down?

There are already wild forum/blog conspiracy theories out there-many calling this a hoax [[yes, a youtube video calling it a hoax) and a false flag by the UN and Obama to get a third term, that this is too close to Hillary's investigation, and it was orchestrated to sway matters with brainwashed military ops derpity derp de-tiddily derp derp derf..... Yet, I trust folks on DY are wise enough that they can truly dispense with this nonsense altogether.

Regardless, these guys probably were probably well trained and planning this for quite a while to hold something down like this with such lethal damage. They triangulated and knew the "perfect" places to perch. Also, there was a false report that sent police to surround a vehicle on the freeway. CNN reported last night that there was also a false hostage report that brought police out into an area where they can be targeted, yet, i can't find anything online to verify that kind of odd blurbage that was being thrown out on the news stations.

The death toll of police has sadly gone up to five. the wounded still stand at 10-11 [[including one bystander).

Let's pray for peace and healing for many in the next many hot days to come

One can't help but feel that the Media has complicity in tragedies like this. They whip up police and racial hatred at every opportunity with commentary presented as entertainment to fill the many hours available to them. And they are ably assisted by an administration that views all things through racial eyes. Only yesterday we were given a dissitation on how many blacks were incacerated compared to ... Then the pronouncement from Poland came across as a real "deer in the headlights" moment of realization
    Today the Media are pushing a bogus "story" to change the direction of the news by saying this is "the worst attack on the police since 911". 911 was not an attack on the police, it was an attack on America. They never get anything right. [[a few hours later Fox changed "attack" to "loss of life").
    Last edited by coracle; July-08-16 at 03:35 PM.

I am reminded of the the Bolton's Bar aka Livernois-Fenkell near riot of 1975 in Detroit. The Euro-American owner of the bar see some Afro-American kids messing with his car, gets out his gun and shoots at them killing an 18 year old.

A riot nearly erupts but prompt police action contains it. Meanwhile a old man, a concentration camp survivor no less is dragged from his car, is dragged from his car by Afro-American youths and beaten to death.

This seems to be the pattern of war and conflict. The murder of one innocent leads to the murder of another and to paraphrase Gandhi, "An eye for an eye makes whole world goes blind."

So sad.

It is hoped that this is an isolated incident, and not the beginning of a new trend. The number of police officers killed on duty has been declining, for decades. According to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, 1134 were murdered between 2002 and 2008, and 942 between 2009 and 2015. More than two thousand families devastated. Condolences to all, and let's all learn to get along. End the divisiveness.
    Last edited by Bobl; July-08-16 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    One can't help but feel that the Media has complicity in tragedies like this. They whip up police and racial hatred at every opportunity with commentary presented as entertainment to fill the many hours available to them. And they are ably assisted by an administration that views all things through racial eyes. Only yesterday we were given a dissitation on how many blacks were incacerated compared to ... Then the pronouncement from Poland came across as a real "deer in the headlights" moment of realization
    Today the Media are pushing a bogus "story" to change the direction of the news by saying this is "the worst attack on the police since 911". 911 was not an attack on the police, it was an attack on America. They never get anything right.
    The media mantra "If it bleeds, it leads".

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    End the divisiveness.
    Fat chance. Division is way easier to sell and most everyone buys it. Unity, ha! That's another story, not easily sold at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Fat chance. Division is way easier to sell and most everyone buys it. Unity, ha! That's another story, not easily sold at all.
    One person at a time, then spread the message by practicing it.

I agree with the unity part. somewhere this escalation has Charles Manson in a holding cell jumping up and down saying "I told yewww I told yewww!" Let's all work together to disappoint his vision of Helter Skelter, shall we all then?

These things are strangely morphing, and it's difficult how much is to be attributed to false leads and the confusion at the time. The mention of other suspects has been scrubbed [[and I swear there were reports about another shooter immediately shot down by police).

Micah Johnson http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/micah-...acebook-video/ was a radical racist with no ties to terror networks. He was neutralized by police in what was the first use of a lethal robot [[carrying a bomb) by the police. He was military trained and strategic much like the Orlando mass murderer and the guy who was staked out at the corner in Houston for a big shootout on Memorial Day [[which-though he fired heavily-over 200 rounds-at cops then-got very little coverage by the media. The same was said for the Planned Parenthood shooter who fired on police and killed one in Colorado.). Though he posed with one of the members of Public Enemy at a signing, Professor Griff says he's being watched by the authorities even though he swears he has no ties to this guy and does not advocate cop killing.

Also under-reported was this murderous reactionary yesterday at a motel in Tennessee. http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/lakeem...photos-dallas/Though police are hesitant to say he was targeting whites and cops only.

Again, we are all going to have to work harder at being patient, forgiving, and work towards not living by blind emotional reactionary attitudes if we are all going to work for peace here.

If this guy was trying to make some kind of statement about police brutality he totally failed. He turned the cops into victims and now all the attention is on them and not the people they killed. He also fucked it up for all the thousands of people that have been peacefully protesting this issue. They will now be lumped together with this guy.

Meanwhile, police still need retraining and need to live in the communities they serve.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    These things are strangely morphing, and it's difficult how much is to be attributed to false leads and the confusion at the time. The mention of other suspects has been scrubbed [[and I swear there were reports about another shooter immediately shot down by police).
    That's pretty common - especially in urban areas with lots of buildings. The gunshots echo through the streets and can sometimes sound like they are coming from two or three different directions.

Also, human memory and perception are pretty much garbage. People think their minds record information like a video camera. It's more like a notepad - it jots down certain details, and your mind fills in the blanks when you try to remember stuff. That's how you get eyewitness accounts saying a suspect was wearing three different colored shirts, drove away, rode a bike away, and ran away from the scene. It gets worse the further away from the event, too, as your mind fills in blanks with details you hear about well afterwards.

This might be a little off track but I was surprised at what a nice house, fairly new with good brickwork, Micah Xavier Johnson lived in with his mother. Micah Johnson moved in, it was said, to save money. His parents were divorced when he was four. His father remarried. There was no mention of any stepfather. So how does did his mom manage to wind up in a fairly new 4,052 square foot 2006 built house? This probably doesn't have much, if anything, to do with the larger story but it is curious.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    This might be a little off track but I was surprised at what a nice house, fairly new with good brickwork, Micah Xavier Johnson lived in with his mother. Micah Johnson moved in, it was said, to save money. His parents were divorced when he was four. His father remarried. There was no mention of any stepfather. So how does did his mom manage to wind up in a fairly new 4,052 square foot 2006 built house? This probably doesn't have much, if anything, to do with the larger story but it is curious.

I have not seen the house, but I assume she probably paid for it the same way most everyone else does. Worked and invested and saved the money or signed her name on the line and spent/plans on spending a couple decades paying off the debt. Of course there's always the chance she was receiving some type of alimony payments, an inheritance, insurance or lawsuit payout, lotto winnings, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    One person at a time, then spread the message by practicing it.
    I'd like to believe, but the older I get the less I believe.

Interesting story, at least to me I find it interesting, I was listening to a talk radio show one day. The topic was a commencement speech that Michelle Obama gave. Apparently in the speech she talked about the obstacles that the black college graduates may face once they went out into the world. A white man called into the show to complain about Michelle giving the speech. Basically what he said was, he's tired of being called racist. According to him, it is the reason many white men are leaving the Democrat party. He felt Michelle's speech was an indictment of him and his community and he was sick of it.

The funny thing is, I can understand where this white man was coming from. I'm sure there are millions of white people that feel the exact same way. I can't blame them. Who wants to always be made to feel guilty all the time? However, you know what? I'm tired of being called a thug. I'm tired of being told I'm not smart or I'm lazy. I'm tired of being told all I want is handouts. I work hard, obey the law, and have skills the average person doesn't have. I also have one other thing, brown skin.

The thing is, we're all getting tired of being called names. Interestingly, no one is getting tired of calling other people names.

The divisiveness can't end until we all understand that we're all people. Not just white people, not just black people, or Asians, or Hispanics -- all of us. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, our good and our bad, our hopes, dreams, fears, and issues we need to improve on. Yet, we're only concerned with pointing fingers and name calling when we are the victims of it. We're never upset when we point fingers at others or to call other people names. How can we fix divisiveness when humanity is not mature enough to look inward and admit to its own flaws?

... A white man called into the show to complain about Michelle giving the speech. Basically what he said was, he's tired of being called racist.... He felt Michelle's speech was an indictment of him and his community and he was sick of it.
    If the shoe doesn't fit, he shouldn't wear it so eagerly. By doing so, he's tipping his hand.

The divisiveness can't end until we all understand that we're all people. Not just white people, not just black people, or Asians, or Hispanics -- all of us....
    I get a kick out of the reaction I get whenever I mention that all Americans are technically African Americans. After the initial stun of disbelief, I calmly explain the story of Y-chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve, the most recent ancestors common to every single human being alive on Earth today. Yes, they lived in Africa [[but not likely at the same time).

It's kind of anticlimactic after centuries of heated bickering about race, but there's no getting around it. It's the truth.

There's one thing humans are too good at: wasting a ton of time and effort hating.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    I have not seen the house, but I assume she probably paid for it the same way most everyone else does. Worked and invested and saved the money or signed her name on the line and spent/plans on spending a couple decades paying off the debt. Of course there's always the chance she was receiving some type of alimony payments, an inheritance, insurance or lawsuit payout, lotto winnings, etc.
    You're right. It could be any of those things. I'm just thinking that some part of this story isn't being told. I haven't come across anything about his mother's source of incomes. There were also supposed to have been four or five others taken into custody that we no longer hear anything about. The 'triangulation' we heard about is now the sound of echoes bouncing off of buildings. Right wing articles claim Micah had dalliances with Islam, a study course or some such thing, but none have claimed him to be Muslim. One thing I've since found out is that his mother's house is worth less than I thought. Picture of house, the one with the red car and possible real estate sign out front: https://www.google.com/maps/@32.7339...7i13312!8i6656 [[Address found on whitepages)

Another thing I've been wondering about- Has anyone seen a map of where the 11 police casualties were shot and Micah Xavier Johnson's murder trail? It seems unlikely that he shot everyone from behind a post and we were told he walked up behind one police officer to shoot him and wound up in a parking garage. There ought to be a map of all that transpired somewhere.
    Last edited by oladub; July-10-16 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    There's one thing humans are too good at: wasting a ton of time and effort hating.
    Amen. However, I see no end to this in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I get a kick out of the reaction I get whenever I mention that all Americans are technically African Americans. After the initial stun of disbelief, I calmly explain the story of Y-chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve, the most recent ancestors common to every single human being alive on Earth today. Yes, they lived in Africa [[but not likely at the same time).
    This was used in this Ellington concept album-if not mentioned in his intro or the liner notes-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf5SgPArT9Y-you may recognize the first piece as being a Medeski Martin & Wood number.

Caught a recent broadcast update. Investigators believe Micah Johnson had been planning this assault for quite a while, the recent killings of African Americans by police just cinched it for him. He insisted on only talking to a black negotiator at the standoff. Supposedly, prior to the robo-bomb, he wrote the cryptic letters "R B" in his own blood, and investigators are trying to look into what that means [[something pertaining to his military time? someone he worked for? or just a lure into a booby trap-seeing as he had a lot of homemade explosives projects?).https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...517_story.html

If there is something worth mentioning it would be that-yes-Dallas police did help organize the march, they are one of a few outlets willing to admit there are "some" profound racial disparity evident with how law enforcement interacts with African Americans, and the testimonial of one of the wounded civilians [[can't find a link??) was that many officers selflessly surrounded and protected civilians [[as they should) during the shootings.. If this be the case, than kudos to them for truly living up to the standard of "protect and serve"

Since I'm fair and like to look at all sides of an issue [[a rare talent to be sure), I thought I'd post this video of a police officer who is making a difference in the community. I wish there were more people like this, black or white or any other race, LEO or citizen, etc, etc.

If the reports are accurate, Gavin Long was an ex-marine who chose to be an egotistical reactionary hothead who thought might makes right.