Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

1. Default Construction Season - DetroitYES Updates - Please Excuse the Dust

To our wonderful members and guests.

Please bear with us as we make updates to DetroitYES.

Time moves on and so do internet technologies and culture. To keep apace so must DetroitYES. This will be the official discussion thread for the topic of these changes, reporting of issues, suggestions and, well, what ever.

Consequently we will be making update changes that may result in temporary occasional odd behaviors. One such occurred yesterday with the installation of a security certificated that briefly distorted page display.

Here are some of the changes we are making.

• Mobile device detection and display
      For ease of reading on smaller screens your view of DetroitYES will be adjusted depending on the device with which you are viewing - laptop - pad - smart phone. An option to override will be available. For instance if you prefer the full site view on your iPhone, as I do, you will have that option.
    • Facebook Connect Enabled
      Allows members to connect with DetroitYES and and new members to register using their Facebook credentials.
    • DetroitYES Instagram Feed re-established
      Allows immediate on-the-spot updates to be posted to sidebars
    • Installation of thee Latest version of the vBulletin forum software
    • Home/Headline New page changes [future]
      We are developing plans for reconfiguration the Home/Headline News page such as the Instagram module mentioned above. We foresee a listing of subject-specific links. For example 'Downtown Development' or 'M1 Rail' that will be derived by tagging of threads [of which you will be informed of more later and your help will be solicited in adding tags]

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding!

Thank you so much for the mobile view on my phone!

Yes, thank you for the mobile display!!
    -DVD

Thanks for everything you do! We appreciate our humble host!

Looking good.

Thanks Lowell.... will this zero out our post counts?? I've always wondered what my post count would have been since 1999 or thereabouts?

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Thanks Lowell.... will this zero out our post counts?? I've always wondered what my post count would have been since 1999 or thereabouts?
    No there should be no noticeable changes -- if all goes as hoped. I have some young brilliant minds managing now.

And speaking of brilliant, if not also young, thanks to all for your kind remarks and great posts. It makes all my effort very rewarding and worthwhile!