Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    The Repubs messed up the health care reform last time. Bernie can have the best of intentions and game plan, but won't pass jack, without support and approval of Congress, Senate and the House. Therein lies the rub. Anyone, Repub or Dem, who now has a lion's share of the pie, [[read: backed by special interest groups) isn't going to back Bernie's ideas, just for the good of mankind, and let go of the cash-cow's tail. That's what happened to the last health care reform. It was compromised, and recompromised, until you got what you have today. I will say, that in lieu of the recent ruling against Hilary and her server, Bernie does have a better shot @ the nomination. Personally, I find it a little strange that ruling comes now, on the eve of the nominations. I think her own party sold her out.
    A number of other people are running who support Bernie's policies. He's aware that Congress needs to change before he can pass health care reform. As I said, I respect that he is at least willing to try unlike Hillary who said she isn't.

I wish the party would tell Hillary to drop out. The report that came out so far doesn't contain any legal charges but it's bad enough to damage her with voters. The FBI investigation is still continuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    A number of other people are running who support Bernie's policies. He's aware that Congress needs to change before he can pass health care reform. As I said, I respect that he is at least willing to try unlike Hillary who said she isn't.

I wish the party would tell Hillary to drop out. The report that came out so far doesn't contain any legal charges but it's bad enough to damage her with voters. The FBI investigation is still continuing.
    I agree that the accusations are damaging enough. So far she's already spent $30 bil on the coal industry. If Bernie's nominated, I'd give him a shot. If it's Hilary, well, I'd want to see how that wall turns out.

^^^ Hillary has had the funds and muscle for formidable damage control up to this point. We'll have to see how much more she has. Her presence is why we may see a Trump win. Good Sanders is there to at least show a protest vote against her.

Not enough young people signing up also has jacked up Obamacare. That was going to be the main problem predicted. Coupled with a bad infrastructure for signing per the sight when interest in doing so was higher!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Corporate money from the health care industry messed up reform last time. Bernie isn't beholden to that. He's at least willing to try to implement a national health care plan, Hillary isn't.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-29-16 at 09:44 AM.

I guess owing that Mrs. Clinton may not be able to fully tamp-down the feds, she's becoming a sea-anchor they're [[the dems) ready to cut loose!!

Sanders presence has proven more useful than ever planned or predicted.

If nothing more he's fitting the 'Anyone but Trump' and 'eh, the 'Anyone but Clinton' narrative!! Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    ...I will say, that in lieu of the recent ruling against Hilary and her server, Bernie does have a better shot @ the nomination. Personally, I find it a little strange that ruling comes now, on the eve of the nominations. I think her own party sold her out.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-29-16 at 09:44 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2