Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Authentic simple Chinese dishes, very tasty: Lucky Kitchen in Ann Arbor [[two locations, East University and Plymouth Rd). Order from the items posted on the wall, not the takeout menu.

Quote Originally Posted by texorama View Post
    Authentic simple Chinese dishes, very tasty: Lucky Kitchen in Ann Arbor [[two locations, East University and Plymouth Rd). Order from the items posted on the wall, not the takeout menu.
    When I was a student at U-M I ate there at least a couple times a week. The food is great!!!

Default I

Quote Originally Posted by szla View Post
    new peking. ford road and middlebelt garden city. the best mandarin schezwan.
    I agree with this one.

Ravine Guest

This thread has re-surfaced, so, in case I didn't already mention it, the Rose Garden [[northbound Telegraph in the small strip mall at the NE corner of intersection with Ford Road) is very good with all of their dishes, but the egg rolls-- nothing unique, standard presentation-- are outstanding, generously stuffed and with a crispy, non-greasy-as-possible shell.
    I would not hesitate to make a meal out of a 6-pack of them.
    OK, an 8-pack.

Mine would be:

Lucky Dragon
    430 Eureka Road
    Wyandotte 48192

Been seeking a less greasy egg roll! I'm in that area alot. Will have to check them out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    This thread has re-surfaced, so, in case I didn't already mention it, the Rose Garden [[northbound Telegraph in the small strip mall at the NE corner of intersection with Ford Road) is very good with all of their dishes, but the egg rolls-- nothing unique, standard presentation-- are outstanding, generously stuffed and with a crispy, non-greasy-as-possible shell.
    I would not hesitate to make a meal out of a 6-pack of them.
    OK, an 8-pack.

Like others on the board I recommend China Ruby in Ferndale, but I also wanna' give a shout out to Kam's in Berkley [[12 Mile west of Coolidge). They have a special "Kam's lo-mein" dish that I have enjoyed a couple hundred times lol. Take out only.

Kim's in Troy at Long Lake and Livernois.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Been seeking a less greasy egg roll! I'm in that area alot. Will have to check them out!
    Yeah, it's like this: the shell is a bit less thick than average, and less greasy, so you get better crunch and, even if the roll has been sitting for a few minutes, it doesn't acquire that sort of tough texture. If you've tried a lot of egg rolls, you know exactly what I mean.

My parents used to take us to Rose's after the Ford-Tel dollar theatre when we were kids. It was always cool to walk in there and check out the fountain and the art on the walls. The dining room is tiki meets Chinese restaurant, nice place to sit down especially compared to a lot of the bare bone contemporaries. And they still make tiki drinks in crazy glasses too, love the presentation. Now that I'm older I return the favor and take my parents there occasionally.

I love there's so much promotion of places in Oak Park and Ferndale, I'm going to have to have a Chinese food week and try them out.

its seems to be a love it or hate it place but I enjoy Trizest in sterling Heights [[14 & dequindre ). its an understatment to say the place gets mixed reviews
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/trizest-rest...erling-heights

I think their pot sticker/dumpling thingys on the app. portion of the menu are amazing!!! The dipping sauce is super duper great, and spicy[[ I love spicy food) .
    I am often the only non Asian in the place which is usually a good sign in my opinon..though my opinion doesn’t always count for much.
    They have an authentic menu and a "americanized" menu..word is that the best eats are on the Authentic menu which I am scared to try but will likely branch out into on my next visit. Service isnt the best and I honestly feel that I am racially profiled every time I go in there...that’s a strange role reversal for a white woman [[*disclaimer* I am just kidding) But i keep going back so the lack of service doesn’t bother me too much

My favorite Chinese Restaurant was Victor Lim's. It was next to the Adams theater downtown. I had my first "legal" drink there. It's been closed a long time probably early to mid 70's. Most of the Chinese food where I live are those China # 1, 2, 3, or China House take out places. I prefer Thai.
    Last edited by MidTownMs; December-29-11 at 10:23 AM.

Wongs Garden
    24851 Harper Ave
    Saint Clair Shores, MI 48080
    [[586) 777-9596

Lotus Pond
    28747 Hoover Rd
    Warren
    , MI 48093
    [[586) 751-4020

My favorite places

I agree with:

Peking House [[Garden City) fresh
    Wing's Garden [[Oak Park) really good garlicky chicken chop suey
    Fu Wah [[Inkster)

Wing Yee's [[Livonia) used to frequent haven't been there in years.
    Last edited by MizMotown; December-29-11 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa View Post
    I used to love the almond chicken at Kow Kow on McNichols near Woodward when I was a U of D student in the 80s. It had a delicious dark garlicky sauce I've never had anywhere else. I went back there about 10 years ago and it was almost as good as I remembered it, though the chicken was a bit freezer-burned. I read that they had a fire there a while ago. Did they ever reopen?

I've wanted to duplicate that sauce at home. Does anyone know the secret? Do they use dark soy sauce or something?
    Don't know the secret to their sauce but,sadly,Kow Kow's never reopened. I lived in the area in the late 80s&ate there at least twice a week. When I first moved into the neighborhood they had a dine in portion of the restaurant. Great food&terrific service. I can't remember his name but a[[late) reporter for the Free Press rated Kow Kow 'best of' one or two times. I loved going to Kow Kow.Eventually they closed off the section for patrons to dine in and went carry out only. The last time I ordered from them was in '99 or 2000 I think. The next time I called to place an order the number had been disconnected Kow Kow had terrific food&top notch service!
    I can't seem to find great,good,chinese food to save my life lol.

A friend of mine introduced me to Red Star in Dearborn [[East)...near Schaeffer and michigan Avenue. Really, really good!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4