Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Just wanted to let you know that The Great Detroit documentary is ready

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1833916.html

I'm back. I was only gone to finish my film. Its my first and I had to concentrate.
    I have a greater love for the city after talking with so many people who share my love.
    I rode the bus which gave me a different perspective and I saw the city from a unique angle.
    The film is good, and even my friend Gary who always got something negative to say, liked it.
    I interviewed 55 people.
    I taught myself how to edit which saved me thousands, I did have a professional fine tune the final.
    I had sleepless nights because I was afraid to show it, not anymore.
    The first showing is April 16th at the Cass City Cinema at Burton Theater 8pm, tickets available at the door or box office only, then May 15th at Main Art Theater in Royal Oak and May 17th at Detroit Historical Museum and other showings are in the works.

I invite you to Like the facebook page for the film and visit my website www.astrongdetroit.com

Good job Anthony! I am sure you will have great success with your film! Detroit needs people who can broadcast the positive vibe that emanates from Detroit now. Keep up the good work!

@canuck
    Thanks
    I invite you to join my facebook group "Detroiters at Heart", positive news stories, list of good things happening, roll calls and more.
    Now over 3,300 strong

Default Do you remember me Strong talk so positive about Detroit? Well others have joined me

I think a lot of people can see changes in Detroit and are feeling the positive vibes around town.
    I was even invited as a guest on Let it Rip and my predictions were in 3 years, Detroit will be touted as "Comeback City of the Country" and that 50,000 will move to the city in 5 years.
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/clip/104...ng-cobo-center

And, the dvd to my documentary is gaining monentium.

Do you feel it?

Good job. I love your positivity and I love Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong View Post
    I think a lot of people can see changes in Detroit and are feeling the positive vibes around town.
    I was even invited as a guest on Let it Rip and my predictions were in 3 years, Detroit will be touted as "Comeback City of the Country" and that 50,000 will move to the city in 5 years.
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/clip/104...ng-cobo-center

And, the dvd to my documentary is gaining monentium.

Do you feel it?

This 50,000 does that mean the outflow is gonna stop and the population will rise?

Or is it gonna be a wash if that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    This 50,000 does that mean the outflow is gonna stop and the population will rise?

Or is it gonna be a wash if that?
    I can't answer for Strong, but I don't think the attractive neighborhoods can currently house 50,000 more people, or anything like it, in the next five years. If the city stops losing net population in the next five years, it will have to be mostly because fewer people leave.

Strong: Nice job man! I know its nerveracking sitting on the set you've seen so many times on TV.

You made a couple great points, the "witch-hunt" factor if you decide to rename Cobo, and whether anyone has even expressed interest in paying for naming rights to the convention center...

I like how the former politician reiterated your point about renaming Cobo without giving you proper credit for the original thought, thier good at that....

Keep up the good work Strong....

Default The Great Detroit documentary is gaining momentum

Have you heard of "The Great Detroit, It was-It is-It will be" documentary?
    It is produced by native Detroiter Anthony Brogdon.
    The film includes 55 interviews and covers a little of everything about Detroit.
    Released this past April, there have been over 10 theater screenings including the Main Art, Farmington Civic, Detroit Historical Museum, Senate Theater and mostly released the Detroit Institute of Arts.
    The next showing is Saturday, November 22nd, 3pm at the Detroit Public Library main branch, free admission.
    To see a video clip or purchase a dvd go to astrongdetroit.com and the dvd is available on amazon. Only $10
    Name:  promotional flyer.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  46.7 KB

Default Trailer to The Great Detroit documentary

[QUOTE=Strong;502014]The Great Detroit, It was-It is-It will be
    documentary released in 2014.

55 interviewees to cover a little of everything about Detroit starting with how and why Detroit was founded, to how we became a manufacturing powerhouse, to the history of Motown, Techno, Eastern Market, Belle Isle, Pewabic Pottery, and so much more.

It has shown at various venues around the metro Detroit area from the Detroit Institute of Arts, Main Art Theater, Farmington Civic, Senate to Detroit's main branch, Dearborn, Royal Oak, Ferndale, Hamtramck, Commerce Township, Southfield and Harper Woods libraries.

Attachment 29820
    Well its on going international.
    April 28th Capital Theater in Windsor
    May 5 The Royal Cinema and 7th Belljar Cafe in Toronto

A 5 country tour throughout Europe this June
    Berlin/Hamburg June 6-9
    Amsterdam/Rotterdam/Utchert June 10-15
    London/Manchester/Cambridge/Liverpool June 16-22
    Dublin June 23-24
    Glasgow/Ebinburgh June 25-26
    List of venues showing the film
    Arsenal Theater in Berlin June 8th
    Abaton Kino Theater in Hamburg June 9th
    Exodium in Utchert June 10th
    Lab111 Theater in Amsterdam June 12
    Lantaren Venster theater in Rotterdam June 13th
    Filmhuis Cavia in Amsterdam June 14th
    The Wendy Inn in Manchester June 18
    The Roxy Theater in London June 19
    Arts Picturehouse in Cambridge June 20
    Fact Theater in Liverpool June 21

The Sugar House in Dublin June 23
    Got a reception schedule in London at a law firm with Detroit ties
    Scheduling speaking engagements too

We have a crowdfunding campaign to help us cover the cost, especially since we are renting the theaters. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...es-to-europe#/ At the showing we'll ask the theaters to play our CD of Detroit music and to serve our special Detroit drink. In short we'll attempt to promote Detroit to the max.

The dvd is available on amazon.
    Our upcoming Detroit area showings:
    April 19th Novi library
    April 20th Redford Township library
    May 4th Northville library
    All start at 6:30pm

If you know of any Detroiters that we should invite, please let us know via our fb page The Great Detroit, thanks
    We can be contacted at strongproduction@aol.com

Here's the trailer to The Great Detroit <span style="font-family: arial">