Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Paging Gazhekwe

Hybrid View

You know, The People are people just like everybody else. Different circumstances could produce different results from the same group. That being said, history shows time and again that some groups are more warlike than others.

As an example, the Three Fires confederacy that I mentioned before was divided into three groups, the Ojibwe, Older Brother, the Odawa, Middle Brother, and Potawatomi, Younger Brother.

The Ojibwe are the "keepers of the faith," the Odawa are the "keepers of trade," and the Potawatomi are the designated "keepers of the fire".

They had different roles as well, the Ojibwe were the protectors, also the hunters and fishers, the Odawa were the traders and the Potawatomi the farmers. Although each tribe could fulfill any of the roles to some extent, when there was a fight, it was more likely to involve the Older Brothers. The Potawatomi, with their farms, were more sedentary and peaceful, and the Odawa, with their wide-ranging travel and trade, were the most diplomatic.

Ravine Guest

I will be logging off, after this post, but I can tell you right now that the more you let me/us poke you into sharing, the more fascinating & informative this thread will become.

And you probably figured that nobody would much want to hear about this stuff.