Interesting, isn't it? That was the year of the opening of the St. Lawrence Seaway. The Queen and Prince Philip traveled through it in their yacht. I was with my family, watching her get ready to lock through into Lake Superior. The Queen was on deck, waving toward the US shore, where we were standing.

The presence of graves at the Mohawk Institute proves only that some people were buried there. With the history of the boarding schools, a graveyard was present at most of them. Many children died of disease and abuse at these schools. The native children who were taken on a trip with the Queen make a great story, but it is just a story. Did the foot kissing happen, did the picnic happen, were there 10 children, and what happened to them? All is open to a factual investigation, which obviously needs to happen. If the children did not return, were they in fact seen somewhere else, such as at home, where no one would report it to keep them from having to go back? I can see no purpose in having them killed or disappeared.