Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Yes, many places have lead service lines.

However, Flint is special, because when the state's emergency financial manager forced Flint to temporarily switch to the Flint River as an interim water source, there were two issues:

- The Flint River is more corrosive than lake water
    - No corrosion control was used

This caused the pipes to start leaching lead into the water. Where in Rochester Hills I don't have to worry about that because DWSD\GLWA uses corrosion control, just as every single water providing entity should.

When the whole crisis arose I remember saying, "so what, we all have lead pipes, stop whining". Then as I found more and more facts about how water gets from a source to the tap, and found out what failed to happen in Flint, I realized that this is a huge issue and those people are being poisoned.

As to the EPA not admitting fault, you're probably right.
    If you live in Rochester Hills, you probably do not have lead issues. Most of the homes in Rochester Hills were on individual well water and the DWSD mains and home taps are relatively new.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    90 days seems like enough. If you really dislike Snyder enough, and blame him enough -- then get to it and see if the public-at-large agree.

I presume the 90-day window also makes it possible to get someone to a recall vote more quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    90 days seems like enough. If you really dislike Snyder enough, and blame him enough -- then get to it and see if the public-at-large agree.

I presume the 90-day window also makes it possible to get someone to a recall vote more quickly.
    You didn't even read the quote, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Yes, many places have lead service lines.

However, Flint is special, because when the state's emergency financial manager forced Flint to temporarily switch to the Flint River as an interim water source, there were two issues:

- The Flint River is more corrosive than lake water
    - No corrosion control was used

This caused the pipes to start leaching lead into the water. Where in Rochester Hills I don't have to worry about that because DWSD\GLWA uses corrosion control, just as every single water providing entity should.

When the whole crisis arose I remember saying, "so what, we all have lead pipes, stop whining". Then as I found more and more facts about how water gets from a source to the tap, and found out what failed to happen in Flint, I realized that this is a huge issue and those people are being poisoned.

As to the EPA not admitting fault, you're probably right.
    I live in Lincoln Park so my water comes from the same place as yours. But I am wondering if there are ever problems with DWSD\GLWA we will face the same problems.

The recall has nothing to do with the Flint Lead water. A person circulating petitions can only give the reason on the petition as a reason for removal of the person in office. If a petition circulator gives another reason the signatures they collect can be ruled invalid.

The reason for the recall is that Snyder should be recalled because of the moving of the State School Reform Office into the Michigan Department of Technology, Management and Budget which is under his control.

Quote Originally Posted by macster1 View Post
    Wrong. I think most Democrats and many Republicans [[see remarks above) will sign a recall petition.
    I meant the Democratic politicians. If you want to win the governorship, you don't want to run against an incumbent.

It's not mostly out-of-state pols. And what's wrong with grassroots groups? Do they somehow not count?
    If your goal is to get Snyder out of office for whatever reason, more power to you. If your goal is to get a Democrat running the state, then a recall might not be the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jj84 View Post
    The recall has nothing to do with the Flint Lead water. A person circulating petitions can only give the reason on the petition as a reason for removal of the person in office. If a petition circulator gives another reason the signatures they collect can be ruled invalid.

The reason for the recall is that Snyder should be recalled because of the moving of the State School Reform Office into the Michigan Department of Technology, Management and Budget which is under his control.
    None of what you say really matters.

As long as people who want Snyder out of officer know that they can petition for his recall, they'll sign regardless of the exact reason for the recall petition.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    I live in Lincoln Park so my water comes from the same place as yours. But I am wondering if there are ever problems with DWSD\GLWA we will face the same problems.
    Considering the wealthiest communities in Michigan also drink Detroit's water, I see no convincing reason to worry about having that problem.

You didn't even read the quote, did you?
    I know it would hurt you if I hadn't read it. I did read. And I did misunderstand. I read 'to' 90 days, rather than 'from'.

Difference doesn't matter. Your mindreading abilities about Snyder's intentions of his actions continue to impress me. Fear not. Be proud. Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Republicans? Jimaz knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I know it would hurt you if I hadn't read it. I did read. And I did misunderstand. I read 'to' 90 days, rather than 'from'.

Difference doesn't matter. Your mindreading abilities about Snyder's intentions of his actions continue to impress me. Fear not. Be proud. Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Republicans? Jimaz knows.
    Whatever.

You've been asked several times by others to try to keep up.

I simply ask that you stop merely trying and instead actually succeed at keeping up. It's really not that difficult.

You embarrass yourself [[and your cause) with this relentless Dunning–Krugeresque overconfidence.

You can be better than that.
    Last edited by Jimaz; February-11-16 at 09:22 PM.

...snip...

You've been asked several times by others to try to keep up.

I simply ask that you stop merely trying and instead actually succeed at keeping up. It's really not that difficult....snip...
    I do not want to 'keep up' with the crowd. Crowds are often wrong. Forums are for exchange of information.

"The recall has nothing to do with the Flint Lead water. A person circulating petitions can only give the reason on the petition as a reason for removal of the person in office. If a petition circulator gives another reason the signatures they collect can be ruled invalid. "

If this is the case - it would be a fun exercise to have GOP volunteers stand beside those gathering signatures and video tape the conversations to see how many can get thrown off.

I'll gladly sign the petition. With a fake name and address of course.

417deer Guest

I think he is trying to get things fixed and I hope this gets fixed because this is very important to all of us. It could have been any one of us that got the bad water.

Another recall petition has been submitted and approved, this time by someone who's not a Teabagger loon and specifically for the Flint Water Crisis...

http://www.eclectablog.com/2016/02/s...arty-sham.html

http://michiganradio.org/post/snyder...risis#stream/0

Website for recall petition:

http://www.stopsnyder.com/

Facebook page for recall petition:

https://www.facebook.com/stopsnyder/
    Last edited by 313WX; February-27-16 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Another recall petition has been submitted and approved, this time by someone who's not a Teabagger loon and specifically for the Flint Water Crisis...

http://www.eclectablog.com/2016/02/s...arty-sham.html

http://michiganradio.org/post/snyder...risis#stream/0

Website for recall petition:

http://www.stopsnyder.com/

Facebook page for recall petition:

https://www.facebook.com/stopsnyder/
    The latest update is that they will begin circulating the recall petition on March 27th.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2