Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wow. Update on Channel 4's report.

The Wayne County Medical Examiner has ruled the death of a 31-year-old woman who was shot by Dearborn police Wednesday afternoon is a homicide.

So, there's that.

Michigan State Police and the courts will have to decide if charges to be brought or if it was justifiable homicide. I expect another circus. Public outcry will depend on a lot of things to be revealed. If they are ever revealed. Very early to predict what will happen at this time.

Round up Al Sharpton, BLM, and all the rest, and let's have another round of Baltimore/Ferguson...

Has anyone heard from the family of Janet Wilson? I am sure the usual self serving media jerks are circling the wagon, but not much has come out of the wagon yet.

Legalities and technicalities aside just one more example of what can happen when you fail to obey orders from law enforcement. Whether you are within your rights or not if an officer with a gun in his hand asks you to do something, just do it and argue about it later! This is so freaking simple, but there is apparently a growing segment of the population that just doesn't get it.

My impression is that the people that end up dead are not the type to watch the news or in a good frame of mind. Most are drug users not living in reality and the results can be deadly. If you don't have your act together and act reckless , you won't make it in this world. If the family doesn't or can't help their own, society steps in one way or another. More and more, I just want to go up north and live in the woods. If I could, I would.

New headline in the Freep

Woman killed by Dearborn cop 'armed with a 3-ton vehicle'

She must've had 3,000 pounds of woofers in it, then. HHR curb weight is only 3,155 pounds...just over a ton and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    New headline in the Freep

She must've had 3,000 pounds of woofers in it, then. HHR curb weight is only 3,155 pounds...just over a ton and a half.
    Maybe a rhino was in the back seat?

It has been reported the woman was black. Soon the ambulance chasers will find the family, get statements , go after the cops involved , Dearborn Police and Fairlane Mall. Birth of a circus. Just don't lose sight that a woman is dead. Whether she was innocent, waiting for what I read and hear.

There are any number of scenarios for what could have happened at the end of this sad incident to account for the police's contention that she was trying to run an officer down [[or appeared to be doing so) and the shot patterns, etc. that Gannon observed. I assume that some of that will be clarified in the investigation, hopefully with some video evidence as well.

But I'm more interested in how this incident started. All of the stories I've seen are very vague about what happened between the Fairlane security and Ms. Wilson to start this off, or indeed why the security was involved with her in the first place.

The Free Press story begins with a woman who was described as "distraught" at JC Penny [[not clear if she was inside or outside of the store), and goes on to say that she appeared to have "some type of mental incapacity". She then apparently had some sort of encounter with mall security during which the story describes her as becoming "combative", after which she drives off in the Chevy, allegedly nearly striking a security guard. What soon follows is the encounter with the police that left her dead.

Suffice to say though, that the genesis of this incident as described is all very mysterious and lacking in what would seem to be some important parts of the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
    Anyone who "avoids" being pulled over has committed a crime. A person who has committed a crime is labeled a criminal. Therefore anyone who avoids pulling over for the police is a criminal. This is basic logic.
    I know you post this stuff just to get a rise out of people, but you really do seem to need a civics lesson. In our system a criminal is someone who has been convicted of a crime in a court of law.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Maybe a rhino was in the back seat?
    [[whispering, "Do I make you horny?!")

That three-ton figure was a quote from the state police officer investigating the incident.

Wondering why he is already apologizing...in advance?

He is supposed to be investigating the deal, yet his response to the question of whether she was armed or not is the standard line out of their PR manual?!

That is some bullshit right there. Closing rank under the appearance of an outside investigation.

A simple "no" would suffice, but he had to start the blue wall defense instead.

It already stinks.

Eastside Al and Lowell are right.

All initial reports [[and these ones are the ones to pay attention to first and see what get altered, distilled, buried, or even possibly expanded upon-though they are not always the guide to go by, as a broader picture may still be needed when more complicated events transpire and all "blood simples" dissipate) stated that she was in an erratic and troubled state of mind [[similar to what went down around the Washington D.C. when you had one woman rammng gates and a guy torching himself). This could've resulted from anything [[turmoil of events family wasn't even aware of, a head injury even she was not aware of, drink tampering, biochemistry foul-up, stroke, drugs, etc....), and this can essentially happen to anyone. If you think it thoroughly through though-how delicate the very balance of your life is-you can be going about your daily life and then Whammo! you are suddenly a raving wreck that trigger-happy cops don't feel like subduing by any other means.

The gal who was shot in the face on the porch of a Dearborn Heights resident who didn't even call 911 [[who later claimed it was an "accident" and "self defense"), was addled by the combination of alcohol, drama, and the horrible rattling effects of a car accident [[I've seen many sober women, including my mom, go into absolute hysterics after being in a truly jarring accident).

All in all, we shouldn't fear a media circus. Dearborn usually does a good job of stifling and suppressing a lot of things. In all fairness, Dearborn cops are better than most suburban cops I've encountered. They usually have a tendency to handle things in a calm and orderly fashion. That mall, however, is the epicenter of a lot of bad energy that goes back an awefully long time. It sits there like this thing that many Dearborn residents sort of fear and don't want to even talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Wow. Update on Channel 4's report.

The Wayne County Medical Examiner has ruled the death of a 31-year-old woman who was shot by Dearborn police Wednesday afternoon is a homicide.

So, there's that.
    I don't know why it's WOW; homicide just means the killing of one human by another. And that is pretty obviously what happened. What matters is if it was a murder, a manslaughter or justifiable and that isn't determined yet.

I just don't want a circus like Ferguson or Baltimore. As for the 3 ton remark, maybe the person that said it does not realize a ton is 2000 pounds. You can bet though the ambulance chasing lawyers are sniffing around.

I'm hoping the State Police investigator knows how many pounds are in a ton. Really.

I'll be sure to keep your logic in mind the next time I see a carjacking, rape and double murder suicide on the news that we should emulate him as a town hero since he never will get the chance to stand trial or be convicted of a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
    Anyone who "avoids" being pulled over has committed a crime. A person who has committed a crime is labeled a criminal. Therefore anyone who avoids pulling over for the police is a criminal. This is basic logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    I know you post this stuff just to get a rise out of people, but you really do seem to need a civics lesson. In our system a criminal is someone who has been convicted of a crime in a court of law.
    Took the words out of my mouth. Rushes to judgment based on media reports are not basic logic and have collapsed in courts countless times. That's why we have rule by law and not by media. Cool deliberation, after all evidence is assembled, presented and, most importantly, cross-examined before a judge and jury decides who is a criminal and who is not.

Sounds like the officer did his job.

I always thought that when the police pull you over, you're actually under arrest until they hand you back your license and say you can go.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I always thought that when the police pull you over, you're actually under arrest until they hand you back your license and say you can go.
    I think that "detained" is the status until you are formally "arrested".

"Rushes to judgment based on media reports are not basic logic and have collapsed in courts countless times. That's why we have rule by law and not by media"

I wonder why the media doesn't follow your advice relative to the Flint Water Drama and Detroit DPS. Any ideas why not? Or does that only apply to police?

Quote Originally Posted by fanniemae View Post
    I just don't want a circus like Ferguson or Baltimore. As for the 3 ton remark, maybe the person that said it does not realize a ton is 2000 pounds. You can bet though the ambulance chasing lawyers are sniffing around.
    You're missing the point. It has nothing to do with whether the officer knows what a ton is. It has everything to do with being a representative of the "outside" agency tasked with providing a fair and independent investigation making a prejudicial statement to the media.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    You're missing the point. It has nothing to do with whether the officer knows what a ton is. It has everything to do with being a representative of the "outside" agency tasked with providing a fair and independent investigation making a prejudicial statement to the media.
    That goes both ways. To say "unarmed" would not be fair and would in fact be prejudicial as well -- given reports of the suspect trying to run over both security as well as police. I saw the interview and the State Police spokesman seemed to do a fair job of being as impartial as possible given the circumstances. Also, it's obvious to any rational person that he meant to say "pound" versus "ton". The "debate" over that part of it is just plain silly nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    I think that "detained" is the status until you are formally "arrested".
    Your explanation of that situation sounds a lot more reasonable then mine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2