Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Employees are only as good as those who manage them...
    Hogwash. You need a manager to tell you to walk over to a table full of waiting customers, greet them, hand them a menu, and either tell them either someone will be right with them or ask to take their drink orders? Customer service 101. I stood @ a McDonald's one time waiting to order an ice tea, and the girl on the other side of the counter kept screwing around with her phone, texn' her friends. No excuse. Manage yes, babysit, no.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; January-27-16 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I stood @ a McDonald's one time waiting to order an ice tea, and the girl on the other side of the counter kept screwing around with her phone, texn' her friends.
    If that bothers you so much, then you take your money elsewhere.

If enough people are also bothered by it and take their money elsewhere, the business will fail.

If the owners and the management of said business don't want the business to fail, then they should accept their responsibility to hire and retain good employee.

That's how the free market economy works.
    Last edited by 313WX; January-27-16 at 10:32 PM.

Frustration about customer service issues aside, I think it's fair to say that if a restaurant has a 45-minute wait, they are suffering from capacity issues -- not "how-will-we-ever-stay-open" issues.

If that bothers you so much, then you take your money elsewhere.

If enough people are also bothered by it and take their money elsewhere, the business will fail.

If the owners and the management of said business don't want the business to fail, then they should accept their responsibility to hire and retain good employee.

That's how the free market economy works.
    WOW, 313WX, I hadn't thought of that! That's pure genius! Thanx for the econ lesson.

]I stood @ a McDonald's one time waiting to order an ice tea, and the girl on the other side of the counter kept screwing around with her phone, texn' her friends. No excuse. Manage yes, babysit, no.
    Inappropriate! She may as well been holding a toilet brush by the business bristle end! Studies have shown that mobile phones are actually more germ laden.

Mobile phones should not be SEEN in a food preparation, handling or service setting. All restaurants have to abide by ServSafe® practices [[and other food handling regulations). A call to the local manager, and or corporate would be in order.

I'm fatigue of the mobile phone during work scene even at the CVS. Hah! Put down the phone and work! Some retailers have a ZERO tolerance for mobile phones. Requiring employees locked them away during work -- especially targeted to teen workers who are particularly addicted.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-28-16 at 07:07 AM.

I went out to the bar last night with some co-workers for a "team building" activity. I don't drink, but I figured I'd at least enjoy everyone's company.

Of course the first thing that happens is that everyone is on their cell phones. I REFUSE to take my phone out when I'm at a bar or restaurant.

What was Yogi Berra's line? Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.

I'm sure we've ALL heard of the piss poor service at food establishments in the city limits of Detroit.
    From any fast food joints to sit down places. It's a pretty well know fact that, the service you receive in the suburbs is far better than the same restaurant in the city.
    Not that I often eat at these place ,For example, after church on Sunday's we will sometime go for chicken at Popeyes or McDonalds or Taco Bell or whatever.
    I can't tell you how many times I've heard and personally experience slow or unprofessional service.
    And many people prefer to eat in the burbs because they don't have to put up with bad service.
    And these are some of the same people that want $15.00 an hour ? for substandard service?
    If the service was better I could see $15.00, but the service is so bad, It's not like the service is going to get better by paying $15.00 an hour.
    No thank you , I'll take my business else where.
    For the most part , why is service better in the suburbs than in the city?
    I hate to say it but I believe it's a culture attitude and poor training.
    You get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    For the most part , why is service better in the suburbs than in the city?
    In my experience at least, it isn't.

Employees are only as good as those who manage them...
    Hogwash. You need a manager to tell you to walk over to a table full of waiting customers, greet them, hand them a menu, and either tell them either someone will be right with them or ask to take their drink orders? Customer service 101. I stood @ a McDonald's one time waiting to order an ice tea, and the girl on the other side of the counter kept screwing around with her phone, texn' her friends. No excuse. Manage yes, babysit, no.
    I'm with 313WX on this. The managers hire the employees. If the employees are not trained properly, or supervised properly, that's on the manager. If they are incapable of providing the service they were hired for, then it is the managers' responsibility to let them go.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    I'm with 313WX on this. The managers hire the employees. If the employees are not trained properly, or supervised properly, that's on the manager. If they are incapable of providing the service they were hired for, then it is the managers' responsibility to let them go.
    You're right, some people have to their hand held, their nose wiped, and be told every little thing that needs to be done, because they just don't have a clue. Other people have a shorter learning curve.

I'm not sure whether this is a company-owned store or franchisee-owned, but either way the owner is where to go with your complaint if the situation occurs more than once.

My parents owned a Nugget Restaurant [[remember those?) franchise on Telegraph in Taylor and they were on premises for everything but the midnight shift, and my dad would even make surprise visits in the middle of the night to make sure everyone was doing what they were supposed to be doing.

Any owner who cares about their business will invest the time to solve problems. The national chains confuse me - they seem set on offering mediocre service and food and you rarely see a franchisee on the premises.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2