Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Tesla and Bentley and a couple others opted out this year. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Tesla and Bentley and a couple others opted out this year. Hmmm...
    Probably 'cuz people in this area don't care for those cars. Do you have any friends in this area that own a Tesla or a Bentley?

They opted out. Fine. Who cares? They chickened out from the Detroit show because they know the Detroit 3 makes better cars and they didn't want to embarrass themselves.
    Last edited by davewindsor; January-17-16 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    Probably 'cuz people in this area don't care for those cars. Do you have any friends in this area that own a Tesla or a Bentley?

They opted out. Fine. Who cares? They chickened out from the Detroit show because they know the Detroit 3 makes better cars and they didn't want to embarrass themselves.
    Haha oh man. Every time Tesla blinks an eye it gets news coverage. You want to talk about embarrassing; look at all the recalls from the big three this past year. This attitude is exactly why the big 3 is losing marketshare.

Quote Originally Posted by AarunFast View Post
    Haha oh man. Every time Tesla blinks an eye it gets news coverage. You want to talk about embarrassing; look at all the recalls from the big three this past year. This attitude is exactly why the big 3 is losing marketshare.
    At least Ford turns a good profit even with its recalls. Talking about market share, Tesla's a joke. I don't think you even know what you are talking about. In 2014, Ford sold 6,320,894 vehicles in America [[their highest sales in a decade and a half). http://www.statisticbrain.com/ford-motors-statistics/ How many did Tesla sell? 21,000? That's a fraction of a percent of Ford's total output. You want a car maker to laugh at. They didn't even turn a profit. Tesla didn't go bankrupt because it earned $68 million from selling Zero-Emission Vehicle credits [[which it earns under California state laws governing vehicle emissions) to other automakers and a further $17 million from selling Greenhouse Gas emission credits. http://www.greencarreports.com/news/...-lets-be-clear

Every large car manufacturer of significance has recalls--foreign or domestic--whether it's Toyota, Ford, GM, VW, etc. The VW emissions recall was the only one I'd consider embarrassing to their shareholders, as their shareholders are gonna lose a fortune.

Tesla is truly an embarrassment and that's why they are so chicken to show up at the Detroit 3's home field. Tesla is another joke car manufacturer like the DeLoreon Motor Company.
    Last edited by davewindsor; January-17-16 at 05:05 PM.

At least Ford turns a good profit even with its recalls. Talking about market share, Tesla's a joke. I don't think you even know what you are talking about. In 2014, Ford sold 6,320,894 vehicles in America [[their highest sales in a decade and a half). http://www.statisticbrain.com/ford-motors-statistics/ How many did Tesla sell? 21,000? That's a fraction of a percent of Ford's total output. You want a car maker to laugh at. They didn't even turn a profit. Tesla didn't go bankrupt because it earned $68 million from selling Zero-Emission Vehicle credits [[which it earns under California state laws governing vehicle emissions) to other automakers and a further $17 million from selling Greenhouse Gas emission credits. http://www.greencarreports.com/news/...-lets-be-clear

Every large car manufacturer of significance has recalls--foreign or domestic--whether it's Toyota, Ford, GM, VW, etc. The VW emissions recall was the only one I'd consider embarrassing to their shareholders, as their shareholders are gonna lose a fortune.

Tesla is truly an embarrassment and that's why they are so chicken to show up at the Detroit 3's home field. Tesla is another joke car manufacturer like the DeLoreon Motor Company.
    Tesla isn't coming here because the auto dealers union won't let them sell directly in Michigan. They have the entire Michigan government by the shoestrings, holding us back from real innovation. And Tesla's business plan is not to outsell Ford this year, so I don't know why you are throwing around those numbers. It is a measured strategy, built to gradually move towards a more affordable option. It takes time to build a automotive brand.

Tesla isn't coming here because the auto dealers union won't let them sell directly in Michigan. They have the entire Michigan government by the shoestrings, holding us back from real innovation.
    Where does it say that the Detroit Auto Show banned Tesla from setting up a booth? I can't find your article anywhere. Tesla's chicken to show up and embarrass themselves.

What real innovation? The big three has electrical cars too [[and it's not putting them into the poor house). As for direct selling, they can sell their cars through independent dealerships in Michigan or indirectly by people buying them in out of state stores like Ohio. Michigan just banned direct selling straight from the manufacturer. To put it into perspective, I can't go the Flat Rock MI assembly plant with car specs from the Internet and have the plant manager sell me a Ford Mustang assembled a day ago to save on freight and dealership markup either. That's what direct selling means--it means you're buying it directly from the manufacturer vs. an independent dealership. Also, Tesla has stores in over 20 states and people can go out of state to buy one if they really wanted it. So, they're not really holding buyers back--Michiganers can still buy one; they're just telling Tesla to play by the same rules everybody else plays by.

BTW, I checked out Lotpro to find out how far their nearest store is from Detroit and it states they have a Tesla Motors in Southfield [[so you may even be able to buy one locally): Tesla Motors 2000 Town Center Southfield, MI 48075

http://www.lotpro.com/direct_quote/tesla/model_s/

And Tesla's business plan is not to outsell Ford this year, so I don't know why you are throwing around those numbers. It is a measured strategy, built to gradually move towards a more affordable option. It takes time to build a automotive brand.
    Why am I throwing those numbers around?

Because you brought it up!

Why where you laughing in your previous post calling Big 3 recalls embarrassing and saying their attitude is losing market share when Ford's car units sold has been the highest in the past decade and a half with over $3Billion in profits and shares jumping from a buck in 2008 to $12 a share?

BTW - In Nov 2015, Tesla issued a major worldwide seatbelt recall: http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/11/...at-belt-issue/

In 2013, the Model S had electrical fires in three of its vehicles.

The Tesla isn't the perfect, invincible car you seem to make it out to be, yet you call everyone else's recalls an embarrassment even though they are turning a profit unlike Tesla. You don't know what you're talking about.

The Wall Street Journal stated that they don't even think Tesla Motors will turn a profit until 2020. http://www.wsj.com/articles/tesla-ch...ays-1421186754

It's the John Deloreon story all over again. Tesla's flamboyant CEO Elon Musk made his fortune selling Internet websites like Paypal to E-Bay and he'll lose it all on Tesla.

Yet, you say the Detroit 3 is an embarrassment. Ya, that's makes a whole lot of sense. Whatever.
    Last edited by davewindsor; January-18-16 at 05:16 PM.

Autoextremist mentions that the show needs to rethought including moving the show from January to a warmer time of year.

And why Toyota continues to occupy left back wall corner dominance at the show. Even withstanding their recall issues.

I did not say I cared per se. Hah. Just taking note. Yeah probably more Bentleys being sported in Altanta and LA! My interest in the NAIAS mainly stems from the fact that College for Creative Studies [[my alma mater) has an exhibit every year showcasing their best transportation students prototypes and I've done some volunteer work to that end. Toyota and Ford have the largest displays of cars an always have.

Last edited by Zacha341; January-18-16 at 02:53 AM.

Yes, that was obviously the reason. They "chickened out" in Detroit, but not in NYC, LA, Zurich, Frankfurt, Paris, or Tokyo.

Because the Detroit 3 obviously only markets/sells cars in Metro Detroit, and only displays cars in the Detroit show...

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Yes, that was obviously the reason. They "chickened out" in Detroit, but not in NYC, LA, Zurich, Frankfurt, Paris, or Tokyo.

Because the Detroit 3 obviously only markets/sells cars in Metro Detroit, and only displays cars in the Detroit show...
    You should have just rolled your eyes at his absurdity like the rest of us!

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    You should have just rolled your eyes at his absurdity like the rest of us!
    You don't even know what you are talking about.

You don't even know what you are talking about.
    No, of course not. You, on the other hand, are an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post

I never said the show in Detroit and the Detroit 3 only markets/sells cars in Metro Detroit. It's called the North American International Auto Show for a reason. Journalists from all around the world come to Detroit to visit it and report on what's new in the auto world, duh!