Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    In situations like this, it's always so disheartening to see the focus on assigning blame rather than fixing the problem. ... Point being, there are so many bad decisions that have led to where things stand today that it's a mixed bag of how we got here.

I guess the question on the table is do we expect the leadership to fix it or would we rather spend more time trying to fill out the scorecards. If there's one time I wish people would set aside their merciless judgment based whether there is an R or a D next to someone's name, this is it.

I agree -- and no doubt are guilty as charged. It is indeed easy to fall back on political party positions -- rather than to address the current issue.

You ask that we 'fix the problem'. That has two components. First is the immediate issue. Water that is safe. Second is the bigger and harder issue. How did we get here? What decisions led to the problem? Were they mistakes, accidents, or was it just a bad approach to the problem. Here's where political parties are important. They are our expression of how we want to be governed. So they are important.

More sick-out wars for Detroit Public Schools to come starring January 20th.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/educ...test/79054584/

Would be nice if the Hilton Garden Inn turned over video camera foottage to the police who release it to the media/public to help identify those unruly citizens. We could charge them with disturbing the peace and trespassing.

Quote Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/educ...test/79054584/

Would be nice if the Hilton Garden Inn turned over video camera foottage to the police who release it to the media/public to help identify those unruly citizens. We could charge them with disturbing the peace and trespassing.
    As long as they were on city property and not stopping anyone else or their business, they had every right to protest and "unruly"

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    As long as they were on city property and not stopping anyone else or their business, they had every right to protest and "unruly"
    I think they'd get more flies with honey than vinegar. That kind of crap turns people against the cause right quick.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Freep: "Supporters of ousted teacher's union head Steve Conn stormed a hotel this morning". That doesn't sound like either 'city property'.

I would have thought that teachers would be the first people to avoid being 'bullies'.

According to the article, or at least the quote from Conn in it, reinstating him is one of the demands of the sick outs. I wonder whether or not that is true.

In any case, I didn't think Snyder had much chance of splitting the district to begin with. Now that Flint is snowballing by the day I really don't see it happening. DPS may be able to shamble on until summer recess. After that, I imagine all bets will be off.

According to the article, or at least the quote from Conn in it, reinstating him is one of the demands of the sick outs. I wonder whether or not that is true.
    For the rank and file teachers, that couldn't be farther from the truth.

FWIW - W's school today has approximately 50% teacher attendance.

Perhaps it was in part his BAMN contingent.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I would have thought that teachers would be the first people to avoid being 'bullies'.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-20-16 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Perhaps it was in part his BAMN contingent.
    The ends always do justify the means in the small minds of some. The rest of us respect the rights and dignity and differing opinions of others -- no matter what.

DPS files restraining order against the teachers.

Moving in the right direction! If only they could get back to doing their jobs. As a taxpayer [[i.e. funder of their salary) - I'd propose firing every one of them who has called in and hiring replacement teachers. Laughing stock of the state - they are.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...nion/79072498/

You are beyond clueless.

Hello All,

I figured I'd link this reddit post in which gives a pretty nice timeline of the major events of DPS management and state control:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Detroit/com...re_calling_in/

I feel like the OP there provided a well-informed summary. Discuss.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4