Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    This game was astonishing defensively. Lions have a history of poor performance on the road against good teams and the Saints have an unquestionably very good offense and the Lions just smothered them! I can't even remember a game like this where it seemed there wasn't a single missed tackle. Teryl Austin had those guys ready.
    The Lions are starting to get some love from the national media. They played their best overall game so far this year. No turnovers, few penalties, and timely plays on offense and defense. They need to keep the momentum going at home against Chicago. Can't have any slip-ups going on the road, to the Giants, the following week.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; December-05-16 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    Also note that for some reason WXYZ continues to air MNF games in which we make an appearance instead WJBK, which took over as the flagship last season.
    Disney owns ESPN and ABC. MNF is shown on ESPN, and the ABC affiliate will simulcast when the local team is playing so that people without cable can watch.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    Disney owns ESPN and ABC. MNF is shown on ESPN, and the ABC affiliate will simulcast when the local team is playing so that people without cable can watch.
    To add to that, the NFL couldn't care less that WJBK considers itself a "flagship station." That deal is only between the Lions and the station and doesn't involve any regular-season game programming. Most Lions games are on Fox, that's true, but there are exceptions such as the upcoming Lions-Bears game which will be on CBS and so will air on WWJ.

Wow, just Wow! I was in the car listening to the radio and they were talking about the possibility of not only a home playoff game but a first round bye. Haven't heard that talk around here in my lifetime and I'm not that young. Almost drove into the ditch.

Well, there were a few bumps, but we managed to avenge our loss to the Bears back in Week 4 with a 20-17 victory as we prepare for two potentially tough road games before we can potentially enter the playoffs, the last road games for the season for us fortunately.

It's interesting how Ford Field was still packed despite the heavy snow...

How 'bout those Lions? How quietly they are having a great season.

Is it so quiet because all us snake-bitten fans are saying, 'yeah but just wait'?

Sometimes the best football is the stuff that doesn't happen, like penalties and turnovers. They seem to have a very low-error calm-and-collected team that always seems to have enough to come out ahead. Fun to watch.

Well, there were a few bumps, but we managed to avenge our loss to the Bears back in Week 4 with a 20-17 victory as we prepare for two potentially tough road games before we can potentially enter the playoffs, the last road games for the season for us fortunately.

It's interesting how Ford Field was still packed despite the heavy snow...
    Only negative, is concern over Stafford's hairline fracture, of his middle finger on his throwing hand. He has to play thru it I guess. Big game at Giants next week, after they beat the Cowboys last night. Green Bay still looms, they have Bears and Vikings, before us.

Can someone explain to me why Caldwell refuses to throw the red flag? He clearly should have thrown it early in the 1st qtr, when the refs ruled Beckham's 4 yrd catch a completion, when it clearly hit the ground and was bobbled. So instead of a 2nd and 10, they had a 2nd and 6, and made the 1st dwn. Never know what could have happened on the next play. Caldwell mystifies me with his decisions, or lack their of.....

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...ll-of-the-year
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; December-18-16 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Can someone explain to me why Caldwell refuses to throw the red flag? He clearly should have thrown it early in the 1st qtr, when the refs ruled Beckham's 4 yrd catch a completion, when it clearly hit the ground and was bobbled. So instead of a 2nd and 10, they had a 2nd and 6, and made the 1st dwn. Never know what could have happened on the next play. Caldwell mystifies me with his decisions, or lack their of.....

Isn't it the job of someone upstairs to say it was clearly not a catch? Are they afraid to make a mistake? Got to say though, that's one impressive defense. Dominated lions offence in every aspect.

And why was Zenner running through the middle of that defense in the red zone with only one hand on the ball??? He clearly was coached different in the Saints game, he had 2 hands on it with every touch. Why change? Certainly not because he has shown us something special, that hasn't happened.

I'd say Caldwell has cost us 1 or 2 games every year with poor decisions. But the hell with that, the Lions had to take care of their own business today and they didn't do it. Then of course, Aaron Rogers screwed them AGAIN with that pass to Nelson in the Bears game. Now it's a bit problematic, The Cowboys at their house? Hope they just lay down because they got a playoff spot locked up.

It certainly would be nice to beat Dallas. However, if Green Bay wins over the fading Vikings on Saturday, it's not going to matter what the Lions do vs. the Cowboys. If GB wins next week, then the Lions and Packers will play for the division title on New Years Day.

In an interesting turn of events...there's a 95% chance Lions-Packers will be played in primetime instead and therefore making it the final game of the overall NFL regular season.

In an interesting turn of events...there's a 95% chance Lions-Packers will be played in primetime instead and therefore making it the final game of the overall NFL regular season.
    I had heard the same. That would be great. When was the last time the Lions were on MNF and SNF, the same season? I can't remember if it's ever happened before.

When was the last time the Lions were on MNF and SNF, the same season?
    Last year.

Last year.
    They were? I must have been under a rock...

Leos kinda look like road kill now.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Leos kinda look like road kill now.
    I'll give them a puncher's chance against Seattle. They had a hard time beating the 49ers, and their defense hasn't been stellar this year. Seattle is a tough place to win though.

The Lions are a 500 team that won one extra game this season. Their wins are against teams not in the playoffs. I am not going to waste three hours of my life next
    Saturday watching Seattle look like their Super Bowl selves from a few years back as they pick a part the Lions. Sorry, but when you back into the playoffs, you really don't deserve to be there. Yeah, they got in but the run will be over quickly.

If they win in Seattle on Saturday night, a lot of the demons of the last 59 years will be excised. Daunting task but it can be done.

I guess we'll see what happens. It's a Saturday night game in Seattle. If there's a win, I suspect Coach Caldwell may get a reprieve.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    If they win in Seattle on Saturday night, a lot of the demons of the last 59 years will be excised. Daunting task but it can be done.
    If they somehow win in Seattle on Saturday they just earn themselves another fabulous trip to Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    If they somehow win in Seattle on Saturday they just earn themselves another fabulous trip to Dallas.
    What are Seattle and Dallas's weaknesses?

Yeah but they get the 2nd playoff win in 59 years - that's huge.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Yeah but they get the 2nd playoff win in 59 years - that's huge.
    Just plain sad is the another phrase that comes to mind. On the bright side, it would be a wild card win in only their 7th attempt!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast