Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    One-percenters won't touch that burger. That's, in part, why they're one-percenters. Most of the wealthy I know are tight-fisted and hang on to every nickle to be deployed in investments.

It will be preening jerks working typical cubicle farm jobs trying to impress their girlfriends on a date. The same bros who hang out at Townhouse, and who drive their leased luxury vehicles around and around on warm summer nights in downtown Bham.
    Most wealthy people go out to dinner, drive nice cars, dress in better then average clothes, travel, a lot have vacation houses ect ect ect. I'm sure a lot of them lease their vehicles, I'm sure a lot of them buy their cars.
    I'm not too sure about the hanging on to every nickel thing. I think that's way overstating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    For that kind of money, I expect something to be slaughtered that's on the endangered species list.
    Oh there he is....your Kimodo Dragon..

I'm going to stick with the $14 buffalo burger at Triple Nickel.

Man, Hunter House really raised their prices since the last time I drove up that way.

That burger is way out of reach for me. Not for the price, but for the dress code.

This is hardly the most expensive meal to be had in the Detroit area. If they had simply served the assembled contents on a plate with no bun it would resemble a hundred other entrees available and gotten no special notice, but I guess "bun" is expected to equal "cheap" in the percceptions of many. This is more of a marketing than a culinary issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2