Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Many of us had to flee. The time away rejuvenated my attitude towards the city and I've since returned and bought in the city. After living in other cities I realized they have the exact same issues that we have. Except our dirt made national headlines. I no longer wanted to spend my time & money fixing up someone else's city when I could contribute to my own. Not to mention that after a hard days work I can slide into any Detroit pub and watch my teams play with people who love the city's teams like me. Can't do that in other cities. Detroit is a special place but we're down on ourselves. Sometimes you have to get away to realize it. We certainly have our fair share of problems but we have great people in our region compared to many other places.

I'm also aware that i have to be more involved than just living here. I have to be HEAVILY involved in the community throughout the entire city. Detroit has been left so far behind that we all must do more than living, investing and working here. We need to be involved in the root problems.
    Last edited by illwill; January-10-16 at 01:42 PM.