Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default One in a thousand, makes me smile! Tponetom

Your Post On Dr Fenner, 2008
    Dear tponetom!

Thank you for your wonderful story about how Detroit babies were born! It was all very entertaining but I was most delighted to read your words about the two Dr Fenners as they were my father and grandfather.

I found your reference to them via google, dabbling in genealogical research. Lots of factoids in that job but it is reminiscences like yours that enrich the task.

I imagine you visited Dad's office in the basement of our house on E Outer Dr, probably walking at least a half a block from the nearest parking place. You might have heard my brothers and I upstairs. We were supposed to be quiet and not race through the house but sometimes we couldn't help ourselves. As an adolescent, I sometimes worked in that office, filing and answering the phone, so we might even have met at one time or another.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated reading your story. Thank you for sharing it.

Regards,
    Linda Fenner Eastman
    Hobe Sound, FL

Lovely reminder of our shared space on the planet! I hope Tom sees this soon, can hardly wait to see what he has to say about this.

Quote Originally Posted by tponetom View Post
    ....I imagine you visited Dad's office in the basement of our house on E Outer Dr,
    That's a blast from the past. Growing up on Three Mile Drive between Mack and Warren in the 60s and 70s, we walked by Dr. Fenner's office frequently!! Although I did not know him, I saw him enough to now be able to conjure a picture of Dr. Fenner! Don't know if it was the Senior or the Junior.